ole gray

Random Thread

I promised myself the next Shank I hit I was done for the year... I hit 7 in a row before I decided to call it quits. Canceling any golf plans for the year. Stage 2 coming up for the Blueprints... but as far as swinging a golf club... it’s time for a break.

Buying a guitar instead of going to get fit for a driver.

I love this game/I hate this game.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I promised myself the next Shank I hit I was done for the year... I hit 7 in a row before I decided to call it quits. Canceling any golf plans for the year. Stage 2 coming up for the Blueprints... but as far as swinging a golf club... it’s time for a break.

You'll be out of your own way in a week and back to striping it. 

• Like 7

Guitar......After a few hours of playing “Smoke on the Water” you’ll be out banging balls agan

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Guitar......After a few hours of playing “Smoke on the Water” you’ll be out banging balls agan

Haha. I was an avid player but had too many hobbies. I wasn’t the greatest but I wrote a few instrumentals that I’ve forgotten how to play.

Plus it’s getting cold here... it snowed here a few days ago.
  • Like 2

Watching a little bit of the CMA Awards show reminded me of the Bluegrass Performance Band.
Every Wednesday at a Rec Center they have from 1:00-3:00 the Bluegrass PB and it is a blast. Summer it’s OK but winter it’s gets great with some terrific musicians down to get out of the cold.
Some of these people are self taught country folk others have appeared at Grand Ole Opry but ALL are treated as performer equals, it’s a great couple hours.
Me & SWMBO will be there quite a bit.

• Like 3

Didn’t even make it 24hrs. Took a quick video and found that I was taking the club back too inside.

Back to a nice baby draw.

I love this game....

He’s Baacck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Didn’t even make it 24hrs. Took a quick video and found that I was taking the club back too inside.

I love this game.... emoji854.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

• Like 4

He was never gone typical Alan lol

I was until I wasn’t.
  • Like 2

Golf clubs are in the closet for the year 😞 It's a bummer, but a reality of living here in the Northeast. 

On the good side, my tennis elbow has been feeling MUCH better since I haven't swing a club in over 3 weeks. I was able to move some scaffolds around yesterday for almost an hour with no discomfort at all, which is great. 

Usually this time of year I resort to club ho'ing in order to get my golf fix in, crossing my fingers that I'm able to avoid that this time around.

• Like 3

Golf clubs are in the closet for the year  It's a bummer, but a reality of living here in the Northeast. 
On the good side, my tennis elbow has been feeling MUCH better since I haven't swing a club in over 3 weeks. I was able to move some scaffolds around yesterday for almost an hour with no discomfort at all, which is great. 
Usually this time of year I resort to club ho'ing in order to get my golf fix in, crossing my fingers that I'm able to avoid that this time around.

That’s the problem living in NE. Occasionally we would make it to Thanksgiving but cold.....

• Like 1

My daughter's coming home from school for a week tomorrow, so I wanted to take her car out to run an errand just to make sure it was going to be OK after the cold snap we had. Sure enough, it won't start. I drove it a bit last week and filled the tank but the battery's down to 10% charge. It's actually the original battery in the 2005 Corolla, at that.

Of course, pulling a battery with gunked up bolts in 30 degree temps while it's pitch black is just a blast. Only gashed my knuckles twice. Oh well, at least she'll have a working car tomorrow...

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

My daughter's coming home from school for a week tomorrow, so I wanted to take her car out to run an errand just to make sure it was going to be OK after the cold snap we had. Sure enough, it won't start. I drove it a bit last week and filled the tank but the battery's down to 10% charge. It's actually the original battery in the 2005 Corolla, at that.
Of course, pulling a battery with gunked up bolts in 30 degree temps while it's pitch black is just a blast. Only gashed my knuckles twice. Oh well, at least she'll have a working car tomorrow...

That's what Dad's do

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Hey @tony@CIC!!  I am in the middle of moving to a new house.  Ugh!!  Lots of stuff accumulated from a lot of years to pack.  I was going through my golf memorabilia and found this golf towel...   Then I made the connection.

IMG_1187.jpeg.090e58358db90aa93c917311ef83cace.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hey @tony@CIC!!  I am in the middle of moving to a new house.  Ugh!!  Lots of stuff accumulated from a lot of years to pack.  I was going through my golf memorabilia and found this golf towel...   Then I made the connection.

IMG_1187.jpeg.090e58358db90aa93c917311ef83cace.jpeg

Holy cow! How and when did you acquire that towel? 

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

Put the MIL in a memory care/assisted living place on Monday after she suffered a stroke a few months ago.  Watching a 91 yr old woman slowly go downhill is not for sissies.  My poor wife is an only child and devoting every waking moment to her mother now.  All I can offer is moral support to her honestly.

Life sure packs a punch sometimes, and it never seems to end.  You go from living under your parents roof, to can't wait to live on your own, to getting married and having your own kids, and when will these little rugrats be out of my house to, man I can't believe they grew up so quick, to oh wow, the parental units are starting to deteriorate and require more and more of my time.  

And through all of this your body starts breaking down.  You are invincible in your 20s; too busy trying to raise a family in your 30s;  need glasses and have lower back pain in your 40s; to everything is starting to hurt, and I need more sleep in my 50s.

Based on that trend I am so looking forward to my 60s and 70s, and God help me if I reach 80.  Watching my parents, etc in their 80s I really wonder if I can stand the pain and trauma that comes with being that old.

I do know one thing.  The people that look like they have their lives all together on Facebook and have no worries are full of crap and faking it publicly.

Sorry to hear about your MIL, we're currently dealing with a stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis in our family right now and it's ROUGH.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3