ole gray

Random Thread

What a day...

What a day...

What a day...

Good reminder today that I’m only human, and make errors.

What. A. Day.

• Like 4

What a day...

What a day...

What a day...no

Good reminder today that I’m only human, and make errors.

What. A. Day.

Allen you just can't keep us hanging like that. Do tell us more.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, tony@CIC said:

The course is quite a bit different today than back in '91. About 12 yrs ago it expanded from a 9 hole executive course to today's 18. Also two of the original holes are now practice holes. Arthur Hills redesigned the course that combines  the original Parkland style  with the newer front 9 which is Links style. The US Open qualifier has been held here for the past 5 years.  https://cicclub.com/golfing. It's still owned by the Stouffer family (yes that one) and it's kept in immaculate condition. 

Does your wife still have family in Pt. Clinton? 

And that Stouffer family sold out to Nestle some time back---- My wife took early retirement from the Stouffer plant in Gaffney SC. And I think Solon Ohio is the headquarters for Stouffers/Nestle.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, dhartmann34 said:

Life is just incredibly unfair sometimes and I think often we let it pass us by without truly appreciating all it has to offer.

My MIL passed away unexpectedly recently, a few days before Thanksgiving at age 61. It was awful to see. Couldn't stay in that room long. Been a rough week for all. The worst part is that her and my FIL were retiring at the end of the year and had a 3 month trip with their 5th wheel camper all around the south east.

I'm heart broken for my wife, her sisters, and her dad... And everyone that knew her. I'm sad because my daughter is only 8 months old and won't get to really know her. And I'm angry because I truly believe that the doctors missed signs the previous month that could have easily saved her life. Anger, sadness, and stress are just no fun to deal with.... And while it was incredible to see the line out the door for 3+ hours at her visitation... It still doesn't bring her back, nor does it eliminate all the what ifs that flow through your mind.

And what irritates me even more is that she and her employers paid money into the pyramid scheme called social security... And that's essentially gone besides a small death benefit. I knew that was the case as I've been a financial advisor for 10+ years, but it still really sucks. All families in this situation deserve better in that aspect.

Life is a great journey, but some of the stops along the way absolutely suck...

Here is a great picture we took at a wedding in August. I'm going to get it on canvas for the 3 sisters and dad for Christmas. I think it'll be nice to have hanging on the walls of their homes. IMG_0430_edit_3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. Anytime I hear of anyone suffering from cancer or dying from it that kicks me like a size 16 boot in my gut. My son died in 2000 from bone cancer at 21 years old.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Sorry to hear that. Anytime I hear of anyone suffering from cancer or dying from it that kicks me like a size 16 boot in my gut. My son died in 2000 from bone cancer at 21 years old.
Thank you sirm 21 is far far far too young and I'm sure 19 years doesn't make it much easier. Wish we could eradicate the awful disease

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And that Stouffer family sold out to Nestle some time back---- My wife took early retirement from the Stouffer plant in Gaffney SC. And I think Solon Ohio is the headquarters for Stouffers/Nestle.

Correct they sold the food business (only) which the grandparents started to Nestle. 

• Like 2

Allen you just can't keep us hanging like that. Do tell us more.

Hey Tony, just a minor 5 day setback on a big project at work. At first I thought I made a huge mistake, but my team and I figured it out and we really only lost 3 days. 5 with the weekend.

Just feel bad that we had to cut into some vacation time to get it straight.
  • Like 1

Hey Tony, just a minor 5 day setback on a big project at work. At first I thought I made a huge mistake, but my team and I figured it out and we really only lost 3 days. 5 with the weekend.

Just feel bad that we had to cut into some vacation time to get it straight.

Sounds like you have it well in hand now.

• Like 2

Terribly sorry to hear about your boy. Don’t know what else to say.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Sleeping baby, wife at dinner with her team and a quiet night in the couch with my buddy

59858444010__B03B0054-CDB9-4B82-8C86-34D866CBD175.JPG

• Like 9

So is your buddy the pup or is it what's in the glass

• Like 5

• Like 4

The grand mariner in the glass was nice but it was this good boy

59711697528__10146631-3A22-4290-9D47-B29B4A376161.JPG
  • Like 8

Well yesterday was a bitter sweet day for me. It was the last day for my home course of 19 years to be open. I had dreaded it and had second thoughts on playing. My wife encouraged me to play. I had booked my tee time Thursday intending on being the last one out. That changed Friday when I started getting calls. All of my buds and former staff were getting up a game. But I did it Classic Stu style I did play the last round with blades and persimmon. Even though it was a sorta bad day we had fun. My highlight of the day was on our tough par 4 4th hole. I hit driver 2 wood on and parred it. We did have a blast and a great send off for the grand old lady. I ended up with the flag for the 4th hole and I had all who played and the on duty staff sign it. I am doing a big framed thing with it and some other mementos. Well I do not think I was the last to play it but I was  the last (as my style) to play it with persimmon and blades. I did not figure I would play all that great since I had not lifted a club in 6 weeks or so. But I never missed a fairway all day with that old persimmon driver but only hit it about 220 or so. 
I joined a new golf group with 4 courses near me just got to figure which one will be my new home course

Good luck with new group, sometimes change is good.
I’m changing a few things around next year with the 4 groups I run or play with.

• Like 6

Good luck with new group, sometimes change is good.
I’m changing a few things around next year with the 4 groups I run or play with.

What? No more bacon boys??

• Like 3

What? No more bacon boys??

Never give them up. It’s like going to a Three Stooges movie, even better.

I’ve got one group where a few new guys joined up. A couple of them don’t want to play with some of the “older” guys whom they are better than. I don’t like that . There’s some neighborhood politics involved. With my knee needing surgery next year and SWMBO will need some procedures just makes it easier to walk away. I’ve had that group for over 7 years time to get away for a while.
I’ll still play but with a smaller group.

• Like 6

You guys remember the dog that we got?

Well he was a stray and we tried our best to train him. But he keep lunging at me, and I though he was going to attack me.

Unfortunately we had to find him a new home. Pretty bummed, I liked that dog.

But... my kids talked me into a black lab puppy.

Please help.

• Like 8