ole gray

Random Thread

Our Sponsors

You guys remember the dog that we got?

Well he was a stray and we tried our best to train him. But he keep lunging at me, and I though he was going to attack me.

Unfortunately we had to find him a new home. Pretty bummed, I liked that dog.

But... my kids talked me into a black lab puppy.

Please help.

Too bad about the Rescue Dog , sometimes that happens. Your going to love the Lab, great family dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well he was a stray and we tried our best to train him. But he keep lunging at me, and I though he was going to attack me.

Please help.

Sorry to hear that about your dog. We had an Airedale when my youngest was a baby - the dog didn't like him and bit him lightly on the face - time for the dog to go! We found a great home for him with a guy who was recuperating from heart surgery. He called us after to let us know how much they bonded, so sometimes the dynamics don't work out between pet and family to matter how hard you try. 

You'll enjoy the Lab puppy! 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Please help.

Hate to hear that. We adopted a little Manchester Chiuawawa mix when our Boston Terrier died. Now this little fellow had been mistreated and was very sick too. For some reason he bonded with my wife. He basically tolerated me and even bit me a couple of times not really bad. But finally me and him bonded and we are buddies now. In fact I am his play buddy and we play rough some but he knows I am not going to hurt him and he will not bite me hard. 

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

Never give them up. It’s like going to a Three Stooges movie, even better.

I’ve got one group where a few new guys joined up. A couple of them don’t want to play with some of the “older” guys whom they are better than. I don’t like that emoji90.png. There’s some neighborhood politics involved. With my knee needing surgery next year and SWMBO will need some procedures just makes it easier to walk away. I’ve had that group for over 7 years time to get away for a while.
I’ll still play but with a smaller group.

Sometimes change is good. Most of the bunch I played with Saturday was composed of part of the old Miura Mafia group. I had also been playing with what I call the NY Boys some but none of them showed up. But maybe I did not explain myself when I said group I meant group of courses on a package membership deal. Far as folks in a group I play with several usually who ever calls me first. Me I will play golf with any one as long as they are decent acting folks. I do not care about skill level or age--- heck if you are 70 years old and beat me fair and square then you beat me. I could care less because i do not play comp or for big money any more. I just like to play

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

Best pups in the world, after they do their best to chew the house down.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Sometimes change is good. Most of the bunch I played with Saturday was composed of part of the old Miura Mafia group. I had also been playing with what I call the NY Boys some but none of them showed up. But maybe I did not explain myself when I said group I meant group of courses on a package membership deal. Far as folks in a group I play with several usually who ever calls me first. Me I will play golf with any one as long as they are decent acting folks. I do not care about skill level or age--- heck if you are 70 years old and beat me fair and square then you beat me. I could care less because i do not play comp or for big money any more. I just like to play

I can attest to the skill level part of that 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Best pups in the world, after they do their best to chew the house down.

I had a black lab as a kid.

His name was Wild Bill Cody the 31st.

Champion bloodline for field trials. Don’t really remember a whole lot about him, but he was a big old beast.

Heart worms and skin cancer got him early. 🥺
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

After hitting these last Saturday, you are my hero.  I was able to successfully size down to the i210's and i500's, but the BP's are in a league of their own.  To be honest, I like the look of the i500's the best.  If they had shifted my numbers more, I might be tempted.
Don't let them grind you to a pebble. An older colleague once told me that no matter how fast I turn-over the inbox, it will be re-filled just as fast.

Pulled this from the blueprint thread to respond to the bottom part. My line of work has unrealistic expectations from under trained people. There might be one or two people who care, and have the skills to help the team succeed. The rest are just along for the ride... literally.

The inbox is always overflowing. Just thinking about it gives me a migraine.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

First time for everything... today my integrity was questioned.

The guy on the other end of the line probably has a headache. What a way to wrap up work before Christmas. I’ve held my crap together for these past few weeks, until today.

Can’t wait to celebrate Christmas and relax for 2 days before heading back to the nightmare.

Good luck, keep it together you’ll be fine. Have a great Christmas with the kids and new pup

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I had a black lab as a kid.

His name was Wild Bill Cody the 31st.

Champion bloodline for field trials. Don’t really remember a whole lot about him, but he was a big old beast.

Heart worms and skin cancer got him early. 🥺

Cancer got mine, too.  We got Bud around 7th grade and we practically grew up together.  He passed right after I graduated college and returned home.  I had a good decade with him, but it sure didn't feel like it.  He was a nice 105 lbs monster of a lab.  Most gentle big fella around.  Our entire family still misses him.  I hope that you guys enjoy the new pup and have many happy years with him!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

First time for everything... today my integrity was questioned.

The guy on the other end of the line probably has a headache. What a way to wrap up work before Christmas. I’ve held my crap together for these past few weeks, until today.

Can’t wait to celebrate Christmas and relax for 2 days before heading back to the nightmare.

You know I do not honestly know how I would react if someone questioned my integrity whether in life or on the golf course.

You sound like me you have worked your whole life to keep your integrity intact-------- 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Cancer got mine, too.  We got Bud around 7th grade and we practically grew up together.  He passed right after I graduated college and returned home.  I had a good decade with him, but it sure didn't feel like it.  He was a nice 105 lbs monster of a lab.  Most gentle big fella around.  Our entire family still misses him.  I hope that you guys enjoy the new pup and have many happy years with him!

Yep they are great dogs--- Another thing about them is when they get old they tend to go down in the back legs--- I have never owned one but have been around quite a few of them----- Of course all dogs like me no matter the size or breed and of course I like all dogs no matter the size or breed

• Like 7

BIG STU..... I think from reading your posts over the years, that you would be a very hard guy to not like, be it dogs or humans of any size...lol.😉

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That must be fun - watching them watch 😎

• Like 2

That must be fun - watching them watch 

Haha. Well. I guess that means I’m torturing myself too then. Haha.

Now we play a game of Christmas Eve Football apparently.
  • Like 2

You know I do not honestly know how I would react if someone questioned my integrity whether in life or on the golf course.
You sound like me you have worked your whole life to keep your integrity intact-------- 

It’s not something any of us would appreciate or accept.

• Like 1

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop.

Yup, one of the best parts of Christmas and being a parent/gparent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Created one of our favorite Christmas memories.    We were having our annual Christmas Eve party with family and close friends.  My daughter was watching NORAD and during the evening she basically told everyone they had to leave because she had to go to bed because Santa was getting close....if was about 7pm. 

• Like 5