ole gray

Making good progress on research and negotiations for the new pickup truck

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Making good progress on research and negotiations for the new pickup truck

What kind ya looking at?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

34 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What kind ya looking at?

Ford Ranger Lariat, 2020 model that the dealerships are trying to clear out

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

21 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I live in a small town always have and my truck isn't a normal truck it's pretty much built for my dogs lol. I can't haul crap without a trailer or removing hundreds of pounds of dog stuff from my truck.

For the first time in many years I do not own a truck. My old Dodge blew up in July 19. Well we had the mini van anyhow and it is sorta like a truck. I have all the back seats out of it and I put the heavy suspension on it from a wrecked wheelchair van. It has been a year now because I just renewed my tags I got my S-500 Benz. Now before anyone starts it is a nice car but is 20 years old now and sorta rusty. One of my scramble partners is a used car dealer and took it in on trade from one of his good fleet customers. It is high mileage for his sales. He gave me a smoking hot deal on it let me have it for what he had in it. Works good for me. Has a huge trunk and trust me I have the golf equipment in there. I think I have like 6 dozen boxes of new balls and like 3 sets of irons and assorted woods. Yeah you know the commercial about NOT becoming your parents. Well I detest this but in this case I am becoming like my old man. But yeah the rusty Benz fits my lifestyle for now. Besides if I need a truck per say I do have the Mini van which we nicknamed the Family Truckster

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I used to have an 8' bed full size pickup that was my "shed" when I had an apartment, even carried a tow bar for the wife's Charger 2.2 so when we ended up somewhere together we could ride home together.  Pre-golfing life I can see how using for one purpose would be trouble for the bag and clubs.

In the winter of 1996 drove to Chicago with overnight temps at -4F when I left home to arrive at 8am, even the Coke in the cooler back there was frozen.  Hideous conditions for the tools of our obsession.  Truck became wrong vehicle when kids appeared (I know where they come from) so Astros and Caravans then SUVs made riding so comfortable and thank goodness after military vehicles on desert hard pan took away any desire to endure that kind of ride again. Ever.

Enter the world of "honey, we need 18 bags of mulch for the gardens" and those rain soaked dripping things have no place on SUV carpets and upholstery.  And with need to move a 17' canoe (car-topped on Astro an Envoy XL but too big for Equinox) a small trailer solved the "dad plan" (not a wife favorite).  Benefits of low lift for heavy bags and blocks and everything messy, the cartop carrier solves the "not in my vehicle" problem and keeps everything out of the weather and people's vision - including what to do with a muddy Clicgear +3.5 push cart when leaving the course.  Unconventional but I have never been main stream and doesn't get close on 1,200 max towing capacity with great ~30mpg fuel economy.

cargoboxlonghitch.jpg.2dca917d2675338aa541d30e8cb32483.jpg

The reason for the long tongue...  Getting canoe and all our gear up to camp.  Also makes backing easy.

canoeframe.jpg.78543939c4c31b75711ddb7de559fc09.jpg

I just rent a truck when I need to tow the 22 foot sailboat no longer having to settle for a mid-teens fuel economy 5,000lb capacity tow vehicle.

And unless it is absolutely impossible, my clubs always stay in the comfort of the SUV.  That said 2 cart bags will easily fit in that cargo carrier with push carts.

I’ll probably never go away from a truck. Super handy at work, around the house and there are a lot of add ons for my clubs in the bed I just need to buy it lol. Kids won’t be back there forever lol. I try to plan my days of range or sim during the winter so I plan to toss them in the morning.....no more just leaving them in the trunk 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

IMG_0779.JPG

Champs Bay! Champa Bay!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

23 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Ok, now he’s really screwing with me. 

18DA442E-9D84-4D4B-9E04-EC05C9DD0292.jpeg

FTR...  his "friend"...  yeah it's me.  I'm the friend.  And that was the most glorious gift in the history of gifts!  

The ONLY downside was Bryson didn't sign it "Hulk Smash".  Oh well...  time to start planning the next one.  

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Bought my pickup truck today, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Black with the bells and whistles.

image.gif.4175175ebb32dd988a5576bd7e01b5d5.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.4175175ebb32dd988a5576bd7e01b5d5.gif

Too dark outside, will take pics tomorrow.

Updated 07/15/2022

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Too dark outside, will take pics tomorrow.

In the meantime...I'm with Chip Strokes....

spongebob1.jpg.aec0b0b0b5f6f2cfe582ef32ca32e8a4.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

IMG_0779.JPG.5a3737f0f061ed4890c927dfc715c513.JPG

Champs Bay! Champa Bay!

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Now that’s funny!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Bought my pickup truck today, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Black with the bells and whistles.

NSFW...  but first thing that come to mind.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

On 1/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So get this.... I normally have my drive in play and this was the case for the day. I hit a drive straight down the middle of the fairway on hole # 7. This not a course I normally play. Then I see a small beagle dog run out and pick up my ball and run back into the woods. I tee up another and the same dam thing happens. So I proceed to go out to where my ball would have been. I see the dog and a little further behind him is this man in chest waders carrying a sack of balls.

I proceed to tell him that his dog picked up my ball from the fairway and he shows me the sack and sure enough there are my two balls near the top with probably three dozen other balls. He said he was sorry and he trained his dog to fetch golf balls for him but he was still working on training him to only get balls from the woods. Fist thoughts were that was freaking genius.

So I said to him, what if my ball went just off the fairway into the woods and I went to look for it and now your dog took it. He said if it goes in the woods it is fair game. Finders keepers. So now I went from impressed to pissed in 10 seconds. So I didn't want to get into an altercation on a what if scenario with this older gentlemen.  I did get my balls back and since it was an outside agency acting on my ball  I didn't incur a penalty. So I just walked away knowing the Pro shop was two holes away.

At the turn I went into the Pro shop and told them what was going on during the course's open hours of play time. The reply was "oh that's just old Harry. He's harmless and collects lost balls and sells them in his yard on the 15th hole. Then I said he dog was taking them from the fairway while in play. Then the reply was well I guess that was just bad timing. Obviously I was not going to get anywhere with this guy. Must have been an old Harry fan!

So my back nine was not pretty. Not focused and pissed. Wanting to hit his house on 15 so I can tell him he shouldn't have built a house on a golf course. Not to mention looking out of the corner of my eye for that dam dog. (I am a dog guy, nothing against the dog) How many golfers were getting penalized for a lost ball that potentially wasn't. 

You just never know what you can run into on a Golf Course! No I didn't send a ball his way on 15. 

There used to be a do that lived off the 11th green at a course i play in E. Wash quite a bit. the dog would grab the ball and run back by his house, and lay down.. All you had to do was walk up to him and he'd let you grab you ball, he thought of it as a game to get attention.. never take it so you could not find it just off the green to where he would lay down... the owner let a bucket on a post just on his property with a sign about the dog..

"If my dog took your ball feel free to replace it, also local rule is to place it as close to original spot as possible.. P.S. dog love to be petted..".. 

you could always find proV's in the bucket, the owner would pick up more from the pro shop as the bucket got low.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Having the ability to see where the UPS driver is can be both exciting and frustrating. O get home from work and they're less than a mile from the house. I keep watching and now they're four miles away going in the complete opposite direction after making stops at both convenience stores down the road. 

31 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Having the ability to see where the UPS driver is can be both exciting and frustrating. O get home from work and they're less than a mile from the house. I keep watching and now they're four miles away going in the complete opposite direction after making stops at both convenience stores down the road. 

That's funny, the same thing happened to me while waiting for the JB wedge from Sub-70. I watched the truck on the map go past the turn to my house three times. I was excited because it would have been at the house early enough before my wife left for work. He was in my area at 10:30. My wife was going into work at 1:00. The truck shows up at exactly 1:00. I tried going through the garage to quicken the exchange. But my wife went out the back door at the same time.   BUSTED...… Any time before 12:45 or after 1:15 I would have been in the clear. All I heard was "don't even tell me it was on sale and too good to pass up" My reply was "have a nice day at work dear" as I skulk my way back to the house. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's funny, the same thing happened to me while waiting for the JB wedge from Sub-70. I watched the truck on the map go past the turn to my house three times. I was excited because it would have been at the house early enough before my wife left for work. He was in my area at 10:30. My wife was going into work at 1:00. The truck shows up at exactly 1:00. I tried going through the garage to quicken the exchange. But my wife went out the back door at the same time.   BUSTED...… Any time before 12:45 or after 1:15 I would have been in the clear. All I heard was "don't even tell me it was on sale and too good to pass up" My reply was "have a nice day at work dear" as I skulk my way back to the house. 

She’s not Numb to it yet lol? My wife just shakes her head, no words needed anymore 🤟

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I hope you know I died laughing at that. That's pretty lousy timing on the UPS drivers part. Don't they know not to show up with golf goodies when the wife's around? 😂

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I hope you know I died laughing at that. That's pretty lousy timing on the UPS drivers part. Don't they know not to show up with golf goodies when the wife's around? 😂

I got back at him though... He was in the back of the truck getting the box and I said I guess you got a present for me. But he didn't hear me he had his ear buds in and in the groove. He turned around and I was right there. He jumped so high he almost hit the roof of the truck. Braced himself and said I scared the living sh#t out of him. I told him I called out to him and then told him he should never arrive when my wife was leaving. He should have known better with a box shaped like that. We both laughed. But that didn't last long that's when I turned around to the wife standing there.  

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Tom the Golf Nut I forgot to ask, how are you liking the JB wedge? They're great looking clubs and will definitely look good in the bag with the 699 Pros.

The weather has been terrible and I had a sprained big toe. Now I'm ready to hit it and it's going to snow tonight and crappy until Saturday. Saturday it will be 52 and cloudy. Hopefully I can give it a go then. 

I am freshly vaccinated as of yesterday...no side effects at all, not even a sore arm.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

76B3AB7A-C392-4A8B-B7F2-DED90D0607F9.jpeg.cf7b64b2ca97ee287ed58680ea842884.jpeg

I absolutely love the look of the new Ranger, definitely looks like a tougher truck than the previous models. Thank you for posting that, I've been dying to see what yours looked like. 

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I absolutely love the look of the new Ranger, definitely looks like a tougher truck than the previous models. Thank you for posting that, I've been dying to see what yours looked like. 

First time I've bought an American car and first pickup truck for me as well. So still learning more about the truck and things I can waste money on buying for it lol.

Might buy the performance tune kit from Ford Performance, adds a good amount of HP and Torque.

Updated 07/15/2022