Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

16 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Well what year was it taking place I am sure some time ago 140  of the tee was a good hit. You know like when the ball was full of feathers.

It was published in 2020.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 5/27/2021 at 12:23 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Hand wash right? 

My wife insists on machine washing the kids hats and it pulverizes them.

I’m a little behind on this post, but I put hats in the top rack of the dishwasher. Express wash, no dishes. The temp is hotter than a clothes washer. They come out clean and not thrashed. Don’t let the wife catch you though. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

It was published in 2020.

I figured was joking that unless it takes place in the 1800s the line is out of place for sure.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

24 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Reminds me of this gem

I just saw that one yesterday and completely lost it. Absolutely hilarious. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Here's something very cool...

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

53 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

Here's something very cool...

Now that’s funny 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My wife put in for a contest to win a new Ryobi chainsaw and won!  KellyBo came running out of the house like her pants were on fire hollering I won it, I won it!   Christmas in May! 💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

My wife put in for a contest to win a new Ryobi chainsaw and won!  KellyBo came running out of the house like her pants were on fire hollering I won it, I won it!   Christmas in May! 💣

That’s great!!  I’m sure trees will falling all over Georgia!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 hours ago, ole gray said:

Careful!!  I heard there is a new movie coming out... Georgia Chainsaw Massacre  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, ole gray said:

Congrats buddy, I would like to have seen Kelly sprinting, I bet that was a sight, lol.

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Today was eye exam day, and I'm getting bifocals. I've been holding off on them for years against the recommendation of the optometrist. I did tell him that they wouldn't be going in my prescription sunglasses next year, I play golf and can't imagine having to get used to them while over a ball. I have a feeling it's going to be fun just learning how to walk in them. 

6 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

@sirchunksalot I had trouble going back 20 years of working on my vehicle dashboard instrument cluster (back when it didn't require specialized training) and glasses were too far away and without glasses was too far away... hit a distance I just could not see well.  My ophthalmologist recommended progressive lenses that have the close range focal distance in the lower part of the lens without a line effectively creating a million focal lengths between the distance and the close range optics.  The trick being to move the nose up and down almost imperceptibly to get the right view in absolute sharpness.

I tried bifocals with a line and they were a huge no go.  I had a pair made courtesy of the US Military while I was in Iraq as a backup to my "Varilux" glasses that nearly put me in hospital the first time I tried to walk outside with them as I nearly fell encountering everything that had to be stepped over or on stairs.  Wore those once and put them away as backup for extreme emergency only.

They are effective for me in everything including golfing.  Some people say they have trouble adjusting but I adjusted to them immediately (and had no problems with the next and last instrument cluster job) and they have been as close to natural vision as I believe corrective lenses can be.  Before you buy, inquire and you might be surprised what is available.  And if it matters, nobody can tell they are a progressive lens looking at the wearer.

1271306195_Bob-O-LinkGC7.4.2017clubhouseveranda(2)H120pix.jpg.d094be493f3f4246f75988f0a4563f88.jpg

I appreciate the advice and I'm glad to hear from your experiences that I decided to go with progressives. I originally thought about lined, but the lady that was fitting me recommended the progressives. I really hope they aren't to bad to adjust to, especially at work where I'm working on a moving assembly line. I still have a little trepidation after getting work glasses that were too small and warped everything around me causing motion sickness. I'm big E on the eye chart blind and I guess my prescription didn't fit well in those small lenses. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate the advice and I'm glad to hear from your experiences that I decided to go with progressives. I originally thought about lined, but the lady that was fitting me recommended the progressives. I really hope they aren't to bad to adjust to, especially at work where I'm working on a moving assembly line. I still have a little trepidation after getting work glasses that were too small and warped everything around me causing motion sickness. I'm big E on the eye chart blind and I guess my prescription didn't fit well in those small lenses. 

sirchunkalot, EasyPutter gave you great advice about the progressive lenses and from my experience as well, you should not have issues adjusting to them either, even while working or playing golf.

For me, glasses happened as I got older, and worked not only with detailed part inspection and analysis, but also spending a fair amount of time on a computer looking at data................... initially was recommended bifocals, had the first set with a line, and went to progressive within 3 weeks and haven't looked back since. 

Best of luck as we only get 2 eyes, and really need to make them not only last, but also be the best they can be too.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

My wife wants a new fridge, even though the old one is working fine.

Happy wife = living the CHA life

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Today was eye exam day, and I'm getting bifocals. I've been holding off on them for years against the recommendation of the optometrist. I did tell him that they wouldn't be going in my prescription sunglasses next year, I play golf and can't imagine having to get used to them while over a ball. I have a feeling it's going to be fun just learning how to walk in them. 

I’ve been wearing bifocals for 30 years.  I tried progressive and almost killed myself.

all my sunglasses are regular/normal lenses. 
I have “helper” glasses 1.75/2.0 stashed all thru house/car/cart just in case I’m not wearing bifocals.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My wife wants a new fridge, even though the old one is working fine.

Happy wife = living the CHA life

Sounds like a beer fridge to me

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Had to cancel my tee time for 12:24 today...toilet is leaking into the basement. Clean water only, but not what I wanted to do today.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Couldn’t find the thread for this;

My buddy ordered Ping G425 irons and was told 5-6 weeks, they were delivered exactly @ 8 weeks.

he’s hitting them pretty good this morning!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Took the boys to the driving range and went to get a to-go order from Buffalo Wild Wings last night...did you know there is a freakin' chicken wing shortage?!?!   What the hell is this world coming to?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, EasyPutter said:

We have the marked cornered here in WNY, BWW is okay unless you're from around here, they were not in business long here with the Buffalo crowd (shudder at the thought of those chicken whatever they are) lol

Believe me, I know, grew up there, but haven't been back in years and have had to lower my standards...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 6/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Welcome to getting older! I've been wearing progressive lenses for for at least 20 years and since I wear them all the time, I golf with them as well. You might want to consider transition lenses which change from clear to dark gray in the sunlight - what way you won't need the sunglasses. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

a guy i played with today had the strangest putting setup i’ve ever seen. let’s see if i can explain this well enough:

spine/chest perfectly vertical, knees bent kind of like the defensive position in basketball, left hand at the top of the putter with his forefinger pointed straight down the grip, right hand low in a claw grip. his putter was pretty long though, so that left arm was bent considerably. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

a guy i played with today had the strangest putting setup i’ve ever seen. let’s see if i can explain this well enough:

spine/chest perfectly vertical, knees bent kind of like the defensive position in basketball, left hand at the top of the putter with his forefinger pointed straight down the grip, right hand low in a claw grip. his putter was pretty long though, so that left arm was bent considerably. 

And his putting results were? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

42 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

he’d make a terrible dog because he didn’t sniff a hole all day. 

Now that’s a great line👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ran into @STUDque at target today.  It was like seeing a celebrity.  Reminded me of a famous triathlete, the dude is in shape!

Good to see you Enrique!

👍👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

anyone ever bring a wedge and some balls to the beach?

the baby is asleep on my wife, she’s reading a book, and i’m sitting here thinking i could get an easy hour of sand practice in if i had just brought my wedge. 

Yes, just be careful of blading any shots... “FORE!!!! Sorry........!”

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX