Random Thread

Our Sponsors

It's cooling off quick here in the northeast the next week will be cold gonna close my pool down earlier than expected 

Sure is. Talked to my Gdaughter @ Villanova and she was “freezing “. Of course she’s cold w anything under 70’. Just like her Gmother.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Posted Images

First COVID shut our course down for 8 weeks, and now smoke has shut our course down for a week.  
2020_WTF.jpeg.e46ef9232ef5168ebc9095a0b43ff8ec.jpeg

Fitting, very fitting.
Nice job painting!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

32 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Fitting, very fitting.
Nice job painting!

Not me!!  Bert and Ernie would be stick figures.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If my second daughter wasn't born in 2020 and I wouldn't have been able to work from home and be here for first 6 months of life so far... I would probably be more upset with how this year has gone LOL Gotta focus on the positives!

• Like 7

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - Mizuno/Bettinardi Black Carbon BC1

Ball - Jack Nicklaus Black

Bizarre topic of conversation that ends up getting you shown in an MGS instagram story.....smh

mgs.jpg

• Haha 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hey, probably unnecessary, but I want to extend a quick apology and explanation to the community. I've been a lot less active for the past couple of weeks than I was for the bulk of the summer, and I want to make sure I don't give anyone the impression I took my test Honma driver and ran.
I'm assigned to USSTRATCOM, and no phones are allow in the building (classified stuff going on) and a lot of websites are firewalled from the work computer, including MGS.  Over the summer i was temporarily assigned to a training course that went 100% online due to COVID, so i got to spend a lot of time at home and was then able to get on the forums a ton.  With no access during the day, I get home to 3 little kids and those "demands" and suddenly I am dead tired and i haven't gotten on here.  
Sorry about that.  I'm still around, still lurking, still posting a little bit, and still loving the community, and I'll step my game up.  My club championship is this Saturday, after which i launch my offseason training plans that I'll document here.
Again, maybe an unnecessary post, but i REALLY don't want to risk the impression that I took a test club and ran.
Oh, and [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] congrats on the Cobra Connect Challenge win...eases the sting of that .1 fantasy "beatdown"!  

Ha! Nothing will ease the sting of that other than a top seed finish and playoff bye!

Life gets busy... I don’t think anyone can fault you for that. As a father of three myself there’s nights where I’m dozing off on the couch almost as soon as they are all asleep!

Enjoy the tourny this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

38 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, probably unnecessary, but I want to extend a quick apology and explanation to the community. I've been a lot less active for the past couple of weeks than I was for the bulk of the summer, and I want to make sure I don't give anyone the impression I took my test Honma driver and ran.

I'm assigned to USSTRATCOM, and no phones are allow in the building (classified stuff going on) and a lot of websites are firewalled from the work computer, including MGS.  Over the summer i was temporarily assigned to a training course that went 100% online due to COVID, so i got to spend a lot of time at home and was then able to get on the forums a ton.  With no access during the day, I get home to 3 little kids and those "demands" and suddenly I am dead tired and i haven't gotten on here.  

Sorry about that.  I'm still around, still lurking, still posting a little bit, and still loving the community, and I'll step my game up.  My club championship is this Saturday, after which i launch my offseason training plans that I'll document here.

Again, maybe an unnecessary post, but i REALLY don't want to risk the impression that I took a test club and ran.

Oh, and @B.Boston congrats on the Cobra Connect Challenge win...eases the sting of that .1 fantasy "beatdown"!  🤣

No worries! 

Thanks for your service and stay safe out there. 

• Like 5

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Think I’m going to ditch the tech stuff.  Using that swing radar today, I found out that if I swing with my fade swing I am 7mph faster than with normal swing... 

BAD8DC37-2379-4974-BCE0-83297EBBC1B8.gif.d5e78aad17703afffa5b0218c82446ce.gif

This Could get ugly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Think I’m going to ditch the tech stuff.  Using that swing radar today, I found out that if I swing with my fade swing I am 7mph faster than with normal swing... 
BAD8DC37-2379-4974-BCE0-83297EBBC1B8.gif.d5e78aad17703afffa5b0218c82446ce.gif
This Could get ugly.

DJ moved to hitting a fade off the tee. Maybe you should too!

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

DJ moved to hitting a fade off the tee. Maybe you should too! emoji6.png

I used to play fades... then I wanted to get better.  Come to think of it, I haven’t gotten any better and all I do is work on my swing.  Playing fades I just used a few four letter words when I over faded a fade... now I use some PG four letter words, but way more often.

What to do....

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I used to play fades... then I wanted to get better.  Come to think of it, I haven’t gotten any better and all I do is work on my swing.  Playing fades I just used a few four letter words when I over faded a fade... now I use some PG four letter words, but way more often.

What to do....

Yeah, played a fade for a season too.  The worst was getting paired with a random who thought he was complementing me when he said “man, you’ve really learned how to play that slice.”  Not what you want to hear...

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Yeah, played a fade for a season too.  The worst was getting paired with a random who thought he was complementing me when he said “man, you’ve really learned how to play that slice.”  Not what you want to hear...

Oh man. I had a few that leaned toward slice today. Sometimes saying “I over-cut it” just doesn’t apply.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

#cuetheduckboats

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, if it was good enough for Jack, Lee, Tiger, DJ, Hogan.... 

I thoroughly Enjoy watching a natural draw player try to hit a fade... it’s amazing.  Same for a “slicer” trying time hit a draw.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Oh man. I had a few that leaned toward slice today. Sometimes saying “I over-cut it” just doesn’t apply.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I think I’ve hit a point in my life that I need to start restoring a car.  On the hunt for something out of the ordinary.  Some sort of wagon I think. 🤔

Ive always liked the 64 Buick’s...

E6A0898B-EF84-4FF2-9CEB-C1725572657A.jpeg.e9d73a37da1e3feaa6a98edc30c5e185.jpeg

good luck right?

I'm always on the lookout for a 71+ Super Beetle to start working on and maybe turn into a Baja.

• Like 4

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have had that same itch.... I think it would be a '64 Rambler for some reason.... I need to make lots of room in the garage before getting started on the hunt.

12102651-1964-amc-rambler-srcset-xxl.jpg.d6ffb5c5a76d7b52f7bebe44bad72aec.jpg

• Like 5

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB