Random Thread

Our Sponsors

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

SiriusXM.... what are your experiences with it and negotiating subscription price?

So our 2018 Expedition MAX came with SXM radio.  We liked it during our travel to AZ last year so I read a handful of the "tips and tricks" to negotiating a renewal price.  I was able to get a 1 year subscription for $70 including the "artists royalties" baloney.  Tried the recommended tell them you don't want to pay for that approach and they wouldn't budge.  

Quite frankly, I don't like going through this routine of negotiating and I can afford full price... but I'm cheap and it grinds me to know others are able to get the same product at discounted pricing.  So, with my subscription ending soon and not wanting to pay the $15.99/mo rate, here I go.  

I'm thinking my tactic is to tell them I'll renew for another year if they will give me the same price as the current subscription. Also, I don't want to deal with this bullshit more than annually... I'd pay for a 3 year contract if they offered that just to forget about it.

I don’t have it...Pandora’s enough for me.  But a few years ago I did, and back then I learned they’ll haggle.  When I wouldn’t renew the first time around they brought the rate down pretty significantly.

Maybe that’s not the case anymore, just an FYI...

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I don’t have it...Pandora’s enough for me.  But a few years ago I did, and back then I learned they’ll haggle.  When I wouldn’t renew the first time around they brought the rate down pretty significantly.

I'd love to get rid of it, but it's a non-negotiable for my wife.  We also have Spotify Family for the kids and me, but my wife just loves SXM.  I will admit that having it on my phone and on the Google Home devices is not a bad thing.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I have had that same itch.... I think it would be a '64 Rambler for some reason.... I need to make lots of room in the garage before getting started on the hunt.
12102651-1964-amc-rambler-srcset-xxl.jpg.d6ffb5c5a76d7b52f7bebe44bad72aec.jpg

I had a gold ‘64 Rambler American in college(‘74-77). Used the huge trunk to sell used textbooks as there was no used book store around.

Great Tank!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Same here. I can't remember the last time I turned the radio to an am/fm station. We travel (drive) a lot so the convenience of having the same favorite radio stations for a long trip is worth the money. FYI I pay quarterly and even though those payments annualized = yearly charge it's a little less painful.

I never turn the radio on.

11 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Pandora for me I cannot see paying more than a few dollars a month for pandora 

• Like 1

Slept through Tropical Storm Beta winds and rain last night. Nothing major, more like a strong rain storm for us (Victoria) with about 2 inches of rain. When we woke up, the center was right over us but wind and drizzle was very light. My dog and I just took a wet walk around part of the course. It is soggy with a few small limbs down but mostly looks good. A day or maybe two of draining and drying and we'll be ready to tee off again! It's going to make everything lush and green with lots of mosquitoes. Can't have everything perfect.

As usual, north and northwest of the center got hammered. Pray for Houston/Galveston area.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Slept through Tropical Storm Beta winds and rain last night. Nothing major, more like a strong rain storm for us (Victoria) with about 2 inches of rain. When we woke up, the center was right over us but wind and drizzle was very light. My dog and I just took a wet walk around part of the course. It is soggy with a few small limbs down but mostly looks good. A day or maybe two of draining and drying and we'll be ready to tee off again! It's going to make everything lush and green with lots of mosquitoes. Can't have everything perfect.
As usual, north and northwest of the center got hammered. Pray for Houston/Galveston area.

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

IMG_0754.JPG

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

IMG_0754.JPG.f7fc6462b55e909a6250900ccb0be8da.JPG

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Yup, congratulations Rays. Hope they do well, as least as well as the Lightning

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

IMG_0754.JPG

Could be quite the year for Tampa Bay if they pull one out and the Lightning keep it going

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Looks like Titleist is bringing in a few hundred new employees in an attempt to keep up with demand for balls & equipment. https://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/20200930/demand-for-golf-equipment-leads-new-bedfords-acushnet-company-to-hire-hundreds

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Pretty sure I am supposed to have these... 😍

6C9D36F6-31A9-4712-9DAD-994ADD4F3815.jpeg

Look out you might riding right into the danger zone there

• Like 4

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

42 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

The community where we bought our winter place in Florida has 27 holes. I've always had an aversion to water on the course, maybe I'll overcome it by the time winter is over. IMG_5816.thumb.JPG.eacd41c2a7e55d92cc5237c21b0af1ad.JPG

The Ibis it is then at least that has 2 holes with no water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right Handed