Random Thread

Our Sponsors

24 minutes ago, MattF said:

Currently up to 2,256 replies...obviously a lot of these magpies don't read the new member info.

Yeah, thats a lot of applicants. Announcements for these tests do get posted on Instagram and Twitter, and also by email if you have given MGS your email address in the past. As a result, there are a lot of non-message board participants seeing these emails and social media posts and then jumping on board.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Posted Images

Saw this infographic posted on a MGS article. I definitely leave it in the bunker more than 21% including one recent time that it took 4 shots to get out. I guess I need to fix my bunker play...

Shot-Scope-Bunker.png

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, thats a lot of applicants. Announcements for these tests do get posted on Instagram and Twitter, and also by email if you have given MGS your email address in the past. As a result, there are a lot of non-message board participants seeing these emails and social media posts and then jumping on board.

It is kind of interesting to see how many people are coming into the community just out of interest to being testers, I hope that with every product test offered and the hundreds, maybe thousands of views and applicants that came long we can get a few new members that are here to stay, participate and contribute to the community. 

• Like 7

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I have, most of them anyway.  Bummed when I don’t win given the pretty good odds, but I can’t complain too much after getting the TR20’ driver via MGS testing.

Btw, @PrestonAtHonma is extremely supportive of us and would definitely help you out if you wanted to reach out and discuss your game and your options. He extended the offer to another spy that won earlier in the giveaway.

Congrats!

Indeed the odds are really great, 1 out of less than 274 valid entries on the day I won the TR21 4 wood, are pretty good odds, most contests out there there will be 1 out of 1000s chance to win.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

17 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Has anyone checked out the tester thread for the TSi drivers?  I know it’s early, but the amount of “fly-by-night” applicants is really out of control already.  5 pages, and 80-90% it’s one of their first posts.  
Sorting through all that once it’s time to select must be a real pain in the arse.

I first saw it last night, maybe 7 responses, I think when I first logged on this morning it was over 1600 responses already.

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 10/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

So my neighbor popped positive for COVID yesterday.  I'm fine and showing no symptoms at all, but because I had contact with him the Air Force still has me on restricted movement (can't leave the house) until the 16th, at which point I get tested and if that comes back negative then I go back to work and life as normal.  Til then, telework, kids staying at home and home schooling, etc.

I've got enough home gym stuff to stick with my Bryson experiment, but we're running out of warm weather here and I had 3 tee times in the next week that are out the window now.

I know in the big COVID scheme there are far more important things than golf, but damn I really was looking forward to playing...  Don't tell me you wouldn't think "what about golf" too!

I am working this thread back to front, I hope all is well with you and your family.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 10/8/2020 at 12:31 PM, PMookie said:

Here we go again.... We’re the blue dot.

E71C2028-4B44-42F5-A816-8AE1596AB3B3.jpeg

Stay safe out there.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I am working this thread back to front, I hope all is well with you and your family.

Thank you. I’m still fine and symptom-free, but my wife is battling head cold symptoms.  We both go tested yesterday and should hear back in the next day or two.  If we’re both negative the AF will still keep me on quarantine to eliminate chances of false negatives, but if we’re both negative we can send our kids back to school since they never had any direct contact.

If you’ve never been tested...not fun.  Giant swab shoved up your nose so high you’d swear you can feel it in your brain, then they twist for a 5 count. Although I keep hearing there are all kinds of different tests and procedures being used.

• Like 6

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Just took a tour of a High School with my oldest daughter... it’s bigger than the first college I attended... and costs the same... 

told her she needs to start a go fund my a$$ to pay for it.  Hahahahahaha 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thank you. I’m still fine and symptom-free, but my wife is battling head cold symptoms.  We both go tested yesterday and should hear back in the next day or two.  If we’re both negative the AF will still keep me on quarantine to eliminate chances of false negatives, but if we’re both negative we can send our kids back to school since they never had any direct contact.

If you’ve never been tested...not fun.  Giant swab shoved up your nose so high you’d swear you can feel it in your brain, then they twist for a 5 count. Although I keep hearing there are all kinds of different tests and procedures being used.

The wife and I got tested a couple of times already since this all started, as the sister of the lady next door unfortunately was positive and passed away. And since we had interacted with the neighbor just about the time she found out her sister had gotten sick, we took the tests for peace of mind.

It is not fun at all, I felt that the people administrating the test were trying to tickle all of the bad memories I had forgotten from childhood.
I hope on the end all that your wife have is a cold.

• Like 5

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I felt that the people administrating the test were trying to tickle all of the bad memories I had forgotten from childhood

Is that why I teared up a little when I got tested?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 Adams Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - Titleist 690MB True Temper Reg Flex

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - PING Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft

2 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Is that why I teared up a little when I got tested?

Probably, they really push that swab way up there.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 10/9/2020 at 3:49 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

It is kind of interesting to see how many people are coming into the community just out of interest to being testers, I hope that with every product test offered and the hundreds, maybe thousands of views and applicants that came long we can get a few new members that are here to stay, participate and contribute to the community. 

I agree, I discovered MyGolfSpy a couple of years ago when I was contemplating new irons, Callaway Steelhead to be exact, when I came across the member reviews. You guys did a great job, btw. That's where I found out about forum member testing, signed up for the site, and got involved. Now I'm addicted to the site and love hearing stories, swing advice, and even some of the non golf related threads. 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, Rickp said:

This honestly isn’t political!
This morning I accompanied SWMBO to the Farmers Market which is pretty good. Getting fruits, veggies from these local folks is great.
Right next door they were getting everything ready for a 3:30 Political Rally for the VP. I’ve never been this close to a Secret Service setup/production and I was in Freakin Awe! I watched from a comfortable distance (they knew that a couple of us were there) as the SS, Local Swat, County Deputy’s and some others I didn’t recognize. When the setup got close to us we were asked kindly to get back and they did their thing.
For the little I saw I was impressed w these guys. The guys w the guns on the roofs were impressive also.
Interesting morning!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It is definitely an interesting production.   I have seen it a few times at work when presidents and political figures come to visit.   

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Going to rain here for the next couple days. Left overs from hurricane Delta putting a damper on things.  Looks like I will be cranking up the simulator tomorrow. Maybe play Augusta to get in the Masters mood a little early.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

It is definitely an interesting production.   I have seen it a few times at work when presidents and political figures come to visit.   

I’ve never been close to the Secret Service and I’m one impressed Ole Fart.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve never been close to the Secret Service and I’m one impressed Ole Fart.

In a past occupation I got to work on the Presidents Helicopter. Talk about pressure. It is very hard to work on something like that with people watching every move you make and having guns trained on you from every direction. They even went to the bathroom with me and watched uncomfortably closely if you know what I mean.  I mean really, I got searched before I could even start the work.

• Like 6

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

On 10/8/2020 at 9:31 AM, PMookie said:

Here we go again.... We’re the blue dot.

E71C2028-4B44-42F5-A816-8AE1596AB3B3.jpeg

Haven't heard from you Mookie.  Hope everything is OK.  Let us know if you and your family are safe.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”