Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Had ourselves a day on the lake. Kids got tossed around on the jet skis. Stole a day today that was supposed to be rain and soaked in the rays

9E7E59D7-2174-4A9C-B0F8-B1EA5C644925.jpeg

1BCF39CE-1CD2-463F-9E21-941A13463041.jpeg

8F95F4D6-DD80-4154-B97A-41E27158D594.jpeg

4ADD3ED9-8E8D-445B-B842-5FFC57338773.jpeg

DFC00429-81A8-490B-9390-EFC8C482A8AC.jpeg

Looks like lots of fun!  We have lots of boats and jet skis on the Columbia River, but it's a little too cold for my liking.  The Snake River flows into the Columbia just downstream from us, and a few miles upstream on the Snake River is Ice Harbor Dam and the water is much warmer behind it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Fairway?  Is didn’t know beer goggles worked so good you can’t find your ball in the fairway.  Rough I can understand…. But fairway?  

I will say I have lost a ball that I know should have been right smack dab in the middle of the fairway on two occasions.  One was with a 3 iron, and another with a hybrid. Get up to where it should have been, and it’s gone.  Like the gopher stole it.  No one else around, so no one took it…

Where did it go?

47 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Fairway?  Is didn’t know beer goggles worked so good you can’t find your ball in the fairway.  Rough I can understand…. But fairway?  

I will say I have lost a ball that I know should have been right smack dab in the middle of the fairway on two occasions.  One was with a 3 iron, and another with a hybrid. Get up to where it should have been, and it’s gone.  Like the gopher stole it.  No one else around, so no one took it…

Where did it go?

My last round, I found SIX balls all just a foot or two off of the fairway on one hole. It's a long par 5 with a water hazard that forces you to take less than driver off the tee. I don't know if folks thought they hit it too far and dropped or what... but in the process of looking for my ball that went well short of the hazard but left, I found 6 balls. 4 of them ProV1 at that!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

At least 5 or 6 smack dab in the middle of the fairway. Morning dew all over. No tracks. The balls were there all night. Must have been a lot of beer consumed or something. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Neck is slightly better.  Took some “Rahmbo” swings with the radar… surprisingly I was hitting 112-113 with what felt like a chip shot… but video shows that the club face is wide open, and the downswing is steeper than I’d like… pretty sure I’m stuck with that… my backswing is flatter than it used to be because my shoulder won’t let me do my Bubba swing anymore. 

Anyone watch the rematch videos of Erik Anders Lang vs Brian Baumgartner, aka Kevin from The Office? Great entertainment, plus it's nice watching good golfers hit a bunch of crap shots when things are on the line, just like me LOL! Here's part one, the banter and chat are funny throughout. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

44 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Anyone watch the rematch videos of Erik Anders Lang vs Brian Baumgartner, aka Kevin from The Office? Great entertainment, plus it's nice watching good golfers hit a bunch of crap shots when things are on the line, just like me LOL! Here's part one, the banter and chat are funny throughout. 

Yes both 9s were great entertainment. Brian is really funny too. I like the vibe of EAL and wish I could incorporate more of that chillness into my own game.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

As my son has been recuperating from heart surgery at our house, I've been driving to Cleveland (90 miles each way) every other day to finish retiling his bathroom. Today was it was all about grouting - trying to get everything prepped before the plumber comes out on Wednesday to do a bunch of misc. stuff I can do but just don't want to. So after an exhausting 5 hours of grouting and clean-up, I walk out to the street and there's a cop with his lights on right by my car. WTH, I'm in a proper street parking space.  There's a car in front of mine with emergency flashers on so I figured  he had pulled her over. As I get in the car - he motioned to me and said did you see the damage? DAMAGE?? Cra*p! She was turning around and backed her junker into my car door.  Tomorrow I'll get to find out if that insurance info is legit. 

1674981144_IMG_8378(1).jpg.7277edb95259ce47fd77c146ab3de4dd.jpg

Sorry rant over! 

Sorry Tony, it can only get better and it will.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

oof…..

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

As my son has been recuperating from heart surgery at our house, I've been driving to Cleveland (90 miles each way) every other day to finish retiling his bathroom. Today was it was all about grouting - trying to get everything prepped before the plumber comes out on Wednesday to do a bunch of misc. stuff I can do but just don't want to. So after an exhausting 5 hours of grouting and clean-up, I walk out to the street and there's a cop with his lights on right by my car. WTH, I'm in a proper street parking space.  There's a car in front of mine with emergency flashers on so I figured  he had pulled her over. As I get in the car - he motioned to me and said did you see the damage? DAMAGE?? Cra*p! She was turning around and backed her junker into my car door.  Tomorrow I'll get to find out if that insurance info is legit. 

1674981144_IMG_8378(1).jpg.7277edb95259ce47fd77c146ab3de4dd.jpg

Sorry rant over! 

That sucks mate...I'd almost be my left one she doesn't have insurance.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

That sucks mate...I'd almost be my left one she doesn't have insurance.

Good news and bad news - she is covered and actually called her insurance company yesterday. The bad news is trying to getting the car scheduled and done before we leave for Florida October 1st. The State Farm's closest affiliate repair shop is about an hour away - but my Dealer, who doesn't have a body shop is trying to work some wonders for me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

19 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Think I’m going to make myself a “Sunday” bag.  The more I look at it, and think about it… the more it makes sense.  Might take a whole new approach to golf… who knows, this is probably just one of my random ideas.

What else would this tread be for?

Squirrel Distraction GIFs | Tenor

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

12 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I've been thinking the same thing noticing which clubs are the ones I use most.  Maybe 3 possibly 4 with the putter.  If it is 3 then using the https://www.theclubbuddy.com/ would be a great idea with some way to keep balls, tees, and whatever at hand.

I’m looking at 8.  8° gap through the set.  Which by ball position and and manipulating the face I can cover 4° each way… 👍🏼

8° Driver

16° Hybrid or Di

24° Long Iron

32° Mid Iron

40° Short iron

48° Wedge

56° wedge

Putter

OR

Driver (whatever loft) maybe drop it all together and use the 14° as the tee clubs and add another wedge.

14° Hybrid

22° Long Iron

30° Mid Iron

38° Short Iron

46° Wedge

54° Wedge

Putter

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

I found it!

Didn't know you lost it...whatever it is.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ping must be looking to recoup some lost profits from last year with those new wedges and irons.  Those are some high priced irons.  🤦🏼‍♂️

I was sad to see how expensive they were. I was really excited and now I know there is probably no way I will ever own them even if I was getting new irons.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

The Ping i59’s have finally been announced!!!!!!! And at $275/club I will only dream of buying them  ( @Golfspy_CG2 will you please buy these in lefty, hit them twice, and sell them to me at a much more friendly price) 

The price is fine for me, but won't buy them, i need GI category forgiveness

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

19 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

The price is fine for me, but won't buy them, i need GI category forgiveness

Is be ok with it, but the shaft choices are slim… it is an iBlade replacement, which were $149 per iron.  These are $275… something doesn’t add up.  No tech in that style of club is worth $125 per club. Just my thoughts on it.

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Is be ok with it, but the shaft choices are slim… it is an iBlade replacement, which were $149 per iron.  These are $275… something doesn’t add up.  No tech in that style of club is worth $125 per club. Just my thoughts on it.

totally agree and given the tungsten and forgiveness story I have heard it feels like their in the T100 space with the design, which is $185 an iron, still a $90 premium 

Just now, ejgaudette said:

totally agree and given the tungsten and forgiveness story I have heard it feels like their in the T100 space with the design, which is $185 an iron, still a $90 premium 

Yeah.  Other OEM’s will follow suit… golf bags will cost 7k… ridiculous.

Same category as the 770/MC club.  

More I stew over it, the more it irritates me. Huge miss by Ping. I get it is not their realm to forge stuff… so don’t. The Blueprints were good, but the T100S are far superior feel wise. 

Not that they care, but they lost a fan here.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:35 AM, MattF said:

Headed to Pittsburgh with Chanin on our annual Anniversary weekend trip. 16 years next week...you know, I'd be out of jail by now.

I started dating my wife when she was 16 and I was 18. At times we would "park" in places. Only time we ever had an issue was when a cop pulled up and we were in backseat. THANK GOD it was a week after she turned 18 

Congrats on 16 years!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."