Random Thread

Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Can you imagine what they'd think today of the music and the outfits at the Grammy awards? Tattoos? What about the piercings. They'd definitely long for the 60's and 70's. Ah yes I was going to hell for listening to the Rolling Stones, Animals, etc. but the topper was I 'm left handed. Don't get me started on being left handed and what the Nuns thought of that 😡, my left hand still hurts from that ruler. . 

My old man was left handed . Said the old folks always stated a left handed person "owed the devil a days work" never figured that one out. My old man played golf right handed though because when he started ( born in 1913) there was hardly any left handed stuff. And I guess you know the difference between a left and right handed automatic and pump shotgun. My old man was an avid bird hunter and after he got past the double barrel stage did get a right hand eject and taught himself to shoot it. Later on after he made some money he did buy him a left hand eject. He was equally good with either one. He also was one hell of a pool player and could play equally well from either side of the ball there. He never tried to swing lefty in golf though said he had no desire too.

• Like 6

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Blue fin tuna we’ll see. Hopefully will have some pictures

And hopefully some good food

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I hate this damn game.... 😂😂😂

Taking a break after Wednesday, I’ve practiced and played myself into sucking... like usual.

That's the yearly post I've been waiting for lol

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
My old man was left handed . Said the old folks always stated a left handed person "owed the devil a days work" never figured that one out. My old man played golf right handed though because when he started ( born in 1913) there was hardly any left handed stuff. And I guess you know the difference between a left and right handed automatic and pump shotgun. My old man was an avid bird hunter and after he got past the double barrel stage did get a right hand eject and taught himself to shoot it. Later on after he made some money he did buy him a left hand eject. He was equally good with either one. He also was one hell of a pool player and could play equally well from either side of the ball there. He never tried to swing lefty in golf though said he had no desire too.

Being born LH is a challenge and a lot worse in his day than now.
I always bird hunted w doubles & pistols revolvers except when Uncle Sam thought I should have a 45 cal 1911.
I like hearing stories from the previous generations.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 hours ago, tommc23 said:

And hopefully some good food

Update for all no fish, good views though 

FC6C4C03-7BB7-4B31-9386-8CB8BCC9460F.jpeg

3870D5E2-2F7A-4A56-9E14-693334814E1C.jpeg

88F2B5B0-93E6-4D94-BB2A-430AB8C9831C.jpeg

2BDADA32-B7BF-4A0F-8921-2F0C89A18DC5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... After having to keep my hair so short my senior year in high school, I made up for it my freshman year in college. That's me in the middle:

553007_10200437555533817_1765752578_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=BvdfGWlEte0AX-BYZ06&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ece4f9a787b874ae256756422dc4be63&oe=5FB21815

That's some nice flow right there. I grew the hair out in high school just to give a try too. I kept it long bit is is a curly mess so back a tighter hair cut now, much easier to manage.

• Like 4

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Why does this happen?  Seriously playing the best I ever have, then bam you suck ya Jack Wagon!  Every year too, you are right. Right when I get “good” I fall apart. 😂🤬😢🤢

• Like 5
Just now, Shankster said:

Why does this happen?  Seriously playing the best I ever have, then bam you suck ya Jack Wagon!  Every year too, you are right. Right when I get “good” I fall apart. 😂🤬😢🤢

It is every year no clue why

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, tommc23 said:

It is every year no clue why

Felt like I was holding a crowbar out there.  Just foreign... I made a plan to hit 3/4 iron off the tee, then I let the boss talk me into hitting a driver, hit a bomb.  Then proceeded to hit 5 yes, 5 in a row about 90 yards off into the woods on the right... I

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
Felt like I was holding a crowbar out there.  Just foreign... I made a plan to hit 3/4 iron off the tee, then I let the boss talk me into hitting a driver, hit a bomb.  Then proceeded to hit 5 yes, 5 in a row about 90 yards off into the woods on the right... I

That’s actually a great saying!
There are times I feel like I’m holding a crowbar or at least a weed eater.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

That’s actually a great saying!
There are times I feel like I’m holding a crowbar or at least a weed eater.

Sounds like a country song.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Not sure where this post belongs.
We found out a couple days ago the wife of one of my golf guys wife (and friends of ours) has Leukemia. This sucks on a lot of levels. Her and I have had some “spirited” Political discussions over the few years as we differ greatly but still were able to keep it civil.
Anyway she volunteered a lot especially w the poor kids in the Ocala Forest. One of the organizers of the Ocala Forest group put together a Cart Parade past her house today as it’s her Birthday. Obviously we were invited and did attend this event. It was a surprise for her and she sat w her kids in the driveway and waved and said hellos from a safe distance. She was overwhelmed by the parade and it was definitely sad but something we’ll all remember.
BTW, her husband is a retired Oncologist and has saved many lives for decades, It’s got to be devastating for the Doc.
We’ve lost quite a few friends last couple years and it sure sucks.

a very nice gesture on the group to hold the parade, and bring some joy to their world at this time.........

human kindness goes a long ways to making us all look at the good even in the worst of times.......

hoping that all goes as well as possible for your friend and his family going forward..........

• Like 7

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X

Foz, we ended up buying in Kings Point , a gated community just west of Sun City Center (just up from 275/75) . It was an exasperating experience. We looked from Taron Springs/Clearwater all the way south to just shy of Venice. The inventory was so slim and moved so fast it was incredible.. 

Great to know that you found something. Maybe we can get together after you are settled in. Possibly with a Greg and Rev.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

There spam posts are annoying 

I am sure the mods will get them shortly.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Not sure where this post belongs.
We found out a couple days ago the wife of one of my golf guys wife (and friends of ours) has Leukemia. This sucks on a lot of levels. Her and I have had some “spirited” Political discussions over the few years as we differ greatly but still were able to keep it civil.
Anyway she volunteered a lot especially w the poor kids in the Ocala Forest. One of the organizers of the Ocala Forest group put together a Cart Parade past her house today as it’s her Birthday. Obviously we were invited and did attend this event. It was a surprise for her and she sat w her kids in the driveway and waved and said hellos from a safe distance. She was overwhelmed by the parade and it was definitely sad but something we’ll all remember.
BTW, her husband is a retired Oncologist and has saved many lives for decades, It’s got to be devastating for the Doc.
We’ve lost quite a few friends last couple years and it sure sucks.

That is a rough one.

I have no words that can verbalize how sorry we are to hear that, we do hope that she is able to recover well and that the treatment is not too harsh on her.

And off course that she will beat this thing.

• Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I am sure the mods will get them shortly.

I reported them as I normally do I was looking for a way to report the user in general so they could just lock the account but I didn't see anything

On 10/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, chisag said:

... Haha, those of that were kids when the Beatles arrived on the scene remember Flat Tops very well. Growing "bangs" caused a huge uproar from the conservatives of the 60's. Seems the country was going down the tubes because we grew our hair a little longer LOL. If they could see the tattoos, hear the gangstah rap and the heads buried in iPhones from affluent suburban kids they would roll over in their graves. 🤣

On 10/16/2020 at 8:32 PM, rkj427 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EqzTiDc-1k&feature=emb_logo

for those too young to know what was previously mentioned.......................

you really have no idea of what you missed out on...................

f57afed08999a42ae7885a2c213a8650--flat-top-haircut-teen-boys.jpg

On 10/16/2020 at 8:39 PM, chisag said:

... Hahaha. My senior year in high school I transferred to a County school because our new head coach wanted to start a sophomore at QB and moved me to safety, even though I had never played defense and only played QB since the second grade. After summer practices the first day of school they locked al the doors except the front door and the Pricipal and Ass. Principal checked our hair. If it touched our collar (tee shirts not allowed) or was within 2" of our eyebrows we were not allowed in the school. This was 1970! 

On 10/17/2020 at 5:46 AM, BIG STU said:

And ohh the Southern Baptist preachers raising hell about the Beatles, rock and roll in general and of course long hair. Heck my old man was worse than the preachers and he was not a Christian at the time. And back even in those days do not get him started about tattoos. ( BTW I have 2 myself). Yeah my old man would absolutely freak out today. This may sound bad but I am glad he has went on because he could not handle it today. Frankly I find it hard sometimes but I push my ignore button an go on doing my thing

On 10/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, BIG STU said:

On the hair thing my old man hated long hair with a passion. I always had a crew cut growing up cut every 2 weeks . Now for a couple of years I ended up in a private Baptist school and man were they strict on hair. I shaved mine half the time to keep from hearing the static. I got out of there I had gotten older and let it grow some then wham I went in the NAVY. After I got out I let it grow for 10 years. Cut it back some. When I came here I had a pony tail I did cut it back some when I was in the towing business because of dealing with 3 Police Agencies. The company I was driving a truck for was not strict but you would get little comments. Since I have been home hurt I have grown it back out again. I do not think I am going back to work ( my choice) so I am letting it grow out really long again. My last stand on people telling me what to do

On 10/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, chisag said:

... After having to keep my hair so short my senior year in high school, I made up for it my freshman year in college. That's me in the middle:

553007_10200437555533817_1765752578_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=BvdfGWlEte0AX-BYZ06&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ece4f9a787b874ae256756422dc4be63&oe=5FB21815

To get into the hair game, for my childhood and teens my family made me keep my hair short, this was me in my early 20s when I finally went rebel on them.
Elson.jpg.a4a5484d329b3b116214b3c8a35ba1ef.jpg

I am mad that for the few years I sported, that is the only picture I have of my hair being long.

• Like 9

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

2 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

My Honma giveaway prize arrived yesterday, although I had asked FedEx to hold it, as I was not home, they delivered and left it outside my door, 10 hours later when we got home it was still there waiting for me.20201019_085201.jpg

20201019_085216.jpg

20201019_085234.jpg

20201019_085243.jpg

20201019_085250.jpg

20201019_085409.jpg

20201019_085417.jpg

I can't wait to try it out.

Here's hoping that the timing and weather here cooperates so you can get out with it this week...............

forecast is for rain the majority of the week, but supposed to be sunny and low 50's on the weekend..........................

I am hoping to get a round in on Saturday, as I know that the season is quickly running out of good weather days here in Michigan

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X