TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

17 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

@dlow206 @cnosil @RickyBobby_PR 

there seems to be some room right of that black dot before you get to the trees. 

what about a cut with a 230 club starting at that dot? could cut down the approach by 10-30 yards depending where the pin is. 

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

if you naturally hit a cut then that works.   There is a decent amount of room before the curve in the fairway so tee shot isn't impossible it just leaves a long shot.  Be happy with par but avoid worse than bogey.  

230 or even a bit longer club will work if you can hit a cut on command that starts on the black line. But if the cut turns into a slice, then you might be ok, just depends on how far right it ends up. the worse though is if you try to hit the cut and double cross it on this hole. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Just now, dlow206 said:

230 or even a bit longer club will work if you can hit a cut on command that starts on the black line. But if the cut turns into a slice, then you might be ok, just depends on how far right it ends up. the worse though is if you try to hit the cut and double cross it on this hole. 

Play your normal ball flight.  Sometimes you are going to hit a bad shot;  just don't compound it will a bad second shot.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

41 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Play your normal ball flight.  Sometimes you are going to hit a bad shot;  just don't compound it will a bad second shot.  

I definitely just play my normal flight. I just aim towards the black circle and sometimes the ball flight is straight, sometimes it fades a bit naturally. Once in a while i will hit a pull on this hole (not on purpose), and it usually ends up in the fairway, but just makes the hole long. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I definitely just play my normal flight. I just aim towards the black circle and sometimes the ball flight is straight, sometimes it fades a bit naturally. Once in a while i will hit a pull on this hole (not on purpose), and it usually ends up in the fairway, but just makes the hole long. 

That is all you can do. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

@dlow206 @cnosil @RickyBobby_PR 

there seems to be some room right of that black dot before you get to the trees. 

what about a cut with a 230 club starting at that dot? could cut down the approach by 10-30 yards depending where the pin is. 

That’s what I was looking at too. Those who hit a fade should be fine. Looks like those with a high draw can be aggressive and take at the right corner 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Just because they supply it doesn't mean you have to use it mate. I got rid of their crap and bought my own modem and router.

Roger that - it'll be the next step if this doesn't work. And they want me to switch to Spectrum Mobile ....no thx. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I think you are the one guy that would be fine on this hole as long as you don't hit the ball crooked off the tee.

Besides the over the house shot (right of the trees on the right side of the picture), the perfect shot is a fade about 250, which leaves you about 165, then you are in good shape. The problem becomes if you hit it 250 but not on the line you intend, your angles to the green get dicey. 

Why I think you would be ok is that you could hit an iron off the tee down the middle about 220 and then have about a 200 yard approach shot which is a short iron for you. For guys that can be hitting 200 plus yard approach shots with short to mid irons accurately, then its not as difficult of a hole. 

Photo of Hole 7

That is why old crippled farts like me that can not crack an egg anymore move up a set of tees or several sets of tees

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That is why old crippled farts like me that can not crack an egg anymore move up a set of tees or several sets of tees

We had the move up another Tee box discussion yesterday.  I told them we have to be careful, we’re running out of them.  We’ll be chipping and putting soon!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

We had the move up another Tee box discussion yesterday.  I told them we have to be careful, we’re running out of them.  We’ll be chipping and putting soon!

I feel bad about moving up a Tee box.  My wife is already at the Forward Tee box; nowhere for her to move up!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

I am still on the regular senior tees ( yellow ) and depending on weather and other conditions I do ok. In reality any more I only hit a modern driver about 225 or so. I hit a persimmon driver about 200 or so. Now when I play all vintage I move up to the super senior tees ( green). Our course the green tees set up a lot differently not only distance wise but angle wise too. One of the reasons I can score just as good if not better playing my persimmons from the green tees. I have tried to let them let me play persimmon from the green tees in the shootout but the answer is not only no but hell no!!!! I did push the issue a little in the shootout last week with a pick up team and got my back hurting and sore again. I actually hurt so bad I cancelled the 9 and Dine for me and the wife that afternoon. I figgured out what it was. Now days I only hit a 5 iron stock about 160 yards or so and a 4 iron about 170. The wind was up some and I was pushing the issue somewhat with the 4&5 irons. This week I am taking the 4 iron out and putting in my 9 wood back in.  The 5 iron will not go anywhere because I chip with it a lot and it is also my get out of jail club. I also practiced some yesterday with my ( gasp) TP TM players CBs. I had tried them before but was not swinging good and was still healing up. Those have the Steelfiber graphite shafts in them. Not jacked lofts but lighter clubs with the damper stuff in the 56&7 irons. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

18 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Has anyone played a par 4 hole regularly that you have a very low probability of reaching in 2?

Normally, most would say if you can't reach it in 2, then you are playing tees that are too long. But its just one single hole at my home course. Plays 415 from the blues or whites, they play from the same location usually. Its a pretty strong dogleg right. Hit anything on the left side and you either have a really long 2nd shot from the rough, or if you are a big hitter, you just hit the ball into the road. Hit the ball down the middle of the fairway and you still have a long second shot, or if you are a big hitter, you are through the fairway into the trees. If you can play a fade, that is optimal, but a slight miss right (just off the fairway) and you have no angle for your second shot into the green unless you can hit a big fade on command with your irons. Slice it off the tee and you have hit a house. 

In all the times i have played, i have only seen a few times where someone has actually successfully landed on the green in 2. The one guy i remember, he is close to scratch and is a big hitter. He aims directly toward the houses on the right side, and hits a high ball that flies over the houses, over the trees and lands in the fairway. He is essentially taking the direct line towards the hole. But any low mishit is breaking windows on that line. 

Yep, got two at Windmill. #15 and 17 are just longish par 4's that if you don't have a good drive, you're hitting a long iron for your second.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Roger that - it'll be the next step if this doesn't work. And they want me to switch to Spectrum Mobile ....no thx. 

If you do, let me know and I'll tell you what I got.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

18 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Has anyone played a par 4 hole regularly that you have a very low probability of reaching in 2?

Normally, most would say if you can't reach it in 2, then you are playing tees that are too long. But its just one single hole at my home course. Plays 415 from the blues or whites, they play from the same location usually. Its a pretty strong dogleg right. Hit anything on the left side and you either have a really long 2nd shot from the rough, or if you are a big hitter, you just hit the ball into the road. Hit the ball down the middle of the fairway and you still have a long second shot, or if you are a big hitter, you are through the fairway into the trees. If you can play a fade, that is optimal, but a slight miss right (just off the fairway) and you have no angle for your second shot into the green unless you can hit a big fade on command with your irons. Slice it off the tee and you have hit a house. 

In all the times i have played, i have only seen a few times where someone has actually successfully landed on the green in 2. The one guy i remember, he is close to scratch and is a big hitter. He aims directly toward the houses on the right side, and hits a high ball that flies over the houses, over the trees and lands in the fairway. He is essentially taking the direct line towards the hole. But any low mishit is breaking windows on that line. 

Have a couple of these - one is 420, dogleg left. Par is a great score. Another is a more pronounced dogleg to the right. Good tee shot of 220 leaves 185-200 into the green depending on where you land in the dogleg. Again, par is a great score.

As @cnosil pointed out, more key is double-bogey avoidance. A bogey on either of these holes doesn't kill my score, but double-plus certainly will.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Thinking about he course I play, there is a hole that is a dogleg left that plays 422/448/465 from the white/black/gold.  You could even play the back tees and stretch it to 480.   To be able to reach in 2 you have to draw it down the left side which generally leaves you with a downhill lie.   Fairway isn’t hard to hit but the farther right you go the longer the shot.  It used to be harder but over the past year they took down some of the trees on the left side to open it up a little.  It has a large green but there is a good amount of back to front slope.   @Jmikecpacan give his thoughts since he plays 16 at RNK pretty regularly. 

rnk16.jpg.c68dffdd37261d8046f65e1f8f7c7f3a.jpg

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

The fifth hole on my course is a long straight par 4 all uphill with a fairway that slopes from left to right. If you don't hit left side of the fairway. The ball will roll into the right rough. This will leave you blocked by the trees and not have a shot to the green unless you can fade the ball. From the Blues it's 460 yards, white is 438 yards and gold is 374 yards. Then you have to add in the yardage for the uphill on your second shot. There is OB on the right side all the way up, and the further up the fairway the closer the OB is to the fairway and there is a slope off the right side of the fairway to help your ball find the OB. This hole should be a par 5 but we already have two on the front 9. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Thinking about he course I play, there is a hole that is a dogleg left that plays 422/448/465 from the white/black/gold.  You could even play the back tees and stretch it to 480.   To be able to reach in 2 you have to draw it down the left side which generally leaves you with a downhill lie.   Fairway isn’t hard to hit but the farther right you go the longer the shot.  It used to be harder but over the past year they took down some of the trees on the left side to open it up a little.  It has a large green but there is a good amount of back to front slope.   @Jmikecpacan give his thoughts since he plays 16 at RNK pretty regularly. 

rnk16.jpg.c68dffdd37261d8046f65e1f8f7c7f3a.jpg

16 at RNK is aim at the yellow street sign in the distance and turn it over. Off the back tees it is normally an 8 iron for me into the green when it plays a little firm. Sunday it was a 5 iron straight into the wind. The other tough part about that hole is if you miss into the left quarter of the fairway the trees block you out and the right side of the green is the best you are going to do. Need to hit a draw off of a downhill lie to get anywhere near the middle of the green. I personally feel that 4 is a much harder green to hit from the back tees than 16 but I hate that fairway with a passion so I guess it is personal preference. 

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Had new fiber optic internet installed yesterday. $10/month cheaper than what we had and 20-25 times faster.

2141004258_Screenshot_20211021-171831_SmartHomeManager.jpg.429751e321c2556ae477bcdc57df3dd9.jpg

We've never really had any issues but shocking how much faster streaming services load, not that it was painful before.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Had new fiber optic internet installed yesterday. $10/month cheaper than what we had and 20-25 times faster.

We've never really had any issues but shocking how much faster streaming services load, not that it was painful before.

Unfortunately I'm out in the sticks with no commercial tenants near me, so it's coax for life it seems. When I was selling internet & telecom, fiber was the way to go. The commercial stuff (Metro Ethernet) is typically slower overall when you look at max bandwidth, but the latency is pretty much zero so it screams along when streaming or uploading. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Unfortunately I'm out in the sticks with no commercial tenants near me, so it's coax for life it seems. When I was selling internet & telecom, fiber was the way to go. The commercial stuff (Metro Ethernet) is typically slower overall when you look at max bandwidth, but the latency is pretty much zero so it screams along when streaming or uploading. 

I am in a unique location where I have multiple fiber choices - an adjacent city has community fiber that is running through my yard. AT&T placed fiber this year and a 3rd company (I was told it was Verizon, but no one was allowed to actually confirm for some reason) dug up my yard last year. It's nice to have choices.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

35 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Interview this morning at 11 central. I really have a good feeling about this!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Prayers up, Paul!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

2141004258_Screenshot_20211021-171831_SmartHomeManager.jpg.429751e321c2556ae477bcdc57df3dd9.jpg

Holy cow I thought we were fast at 240 Mbps

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Holy cow I thought we were fast at 240 Mbps

The disadvantage of living in nowheresville. I get 10 Mbps and that's sometimes. No other carriers in my area. Stuck with crap. They are hoping to have 20 in my area next year. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 10/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The fifth hole on my course is a long straight par 4 all uphill with a fairway that slopes from left to right. If you don't hit left side of the fairway. The ball will roll into the right rough. This will leave you blocked by the trees and not have a shot to the green unless you can fade the ball. From the Blues it's 460 yards, white is 438 yards and gold is 374 yards. Then you have to add in the yardage for the uphill on your second shot. There is OB on the right side all the way up, and the further up the fairway the closer the OB is to the fairway and there is a slope off the right side of the fairway to help your ball find the OB. This hole should be a par 5 but we already have two on the front 9. 

Distance wise and hill wise it sounds exactly like #4 at the now defunct Indian Wells course here. Now I will add that hole played into the ocean wind all the time. I have hit over the years everything from a 6 iron to a 3 wood into it. Anytime I got a par on that hole I ran to the cart. Last day last round at the course that old lady let me have one. Hit driver ( persimmon) and hit a 240 yard roll out bomb for me then bombed a persimmon 2 wood that ran up on the green. I made the putt and birdied it. I was playing with my friend the former head pro. After the round he had the guys pull that flag and gave it to me. I had everyone there former staff and all sign that flag and it hangs in my living room. LOL the 17th a long par 3 over water always played into the wind and the last day I had to hit the persimmon driver off the tee barely got it on the front. My bud the former pro stuck it in there to about 3 foot with a 6 iron. He said after what I did to him in a Pro Pro best ball 2 years prior he said he would be dammed if he would let me put it inside of him with a persimmon driver. That day 2 years prior I had put it to a foot with a Mac 3 iron--- We were the only team that day who birdied it and one of the guys thought he had done it--- He stammered no that dammed Stu put it to one foot with an antique Macgregor 3 iron. 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Distance wise and hill wise it sounds exactly like #4 at the now defunct Indian Wells course here. Now I will add that hole played into the ocean wind all the time. I have hit over the years everything from a 6 iron to a 3 wood into it. Anytime I got a par on that hole I ran to the cart. Last day last round at the course that old lady let me have one. Hit driver ( persimmon) and hit a 240 yard roll out bomb for me then bombed a persimmon 2 wood that ran up on the green. I made the putt and birdied it. I was playing with my friend the former head pro. After the round he had the guys pull that flag and gave it to me. I had everyone there former staff and all sign that flag and it hangs in my living room. LOL the 17th a long par 3 over water always played into the wind and the last day I had to hit the persimmon driver off the tee barely got it on the front. My bud the former pro stuck it in there to about 3 foot with a 6 iron. He said after what I did to him in a Pro Pro best ball 2 years prior he said he would be dammed if he would let me put it inside of him with a persimmon driver. That day 2 years prior I had put it to a foot with a Mac 3 iron--- We were the only team that day who birdied it and one of the guys thought he had done it--- He stammered no that dammed Stu put it to one foot with an antique Macgregor 3 iron. 

Indian Wells was a really nice course, lots of water and decent greens.  It was one of my favorites.  Was a tough track for me, not LH friendly.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Indian Wells was a really nice course, lots of water and decent greens.  It was one of my favorites.  Was a tough track for me, not LH friendly.

That was a course one had to learn and not just in a few rounds either--- IMHO it was a course that the greens were it's method of defense along with the ocean winds on 4 6 and 17. To play it well you had to absolutely know where and where not to put it on those greens with any pin placement. Also you had to relate your angle according to pin placement. A true shotmakers and thinkers course. Now I am not that big of a thinker but I learned that place from all the rounds I played there over 20 years with all types of equipment. In those 20 years I played it with everything from the latest and greatest to hickory.

Last day I played it as I had many rounds with my 80 VIPs and put in my persimmon woods---- I take pride in the fact I was the last to play it with persimmon woods and it was pre planned we were the last group in. Loved that place the last 2 holes that day it was all I could do to get the club back but I did par the last 2 holes and shot 76 the last round from the mid tees playing persimmon and blades. For some reason and I do not know why that place was special to me and as my friend Joe said I had survived 20 years and 4 different owners or groups. Like my friend Joe said " Stuey knows this course better than any living soul" I go by what is left of it ( club house now gone) on my way to my new haunt at Indigo Creek as I will in a hour or so Lord willing. I am retired now and not in a hurry for anything and sometimes sit in what is left of the old parking lot and reflect on all the good times there. I could write a book on that place

G

22 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I am in a unique location where I have multiple fiber choices - an adjacent city has community fiber that is running through my yard. AT&T placed fiber this year and a 3rd company (I was told it was Verizon, but no one was allowed to actually confirm for some reason) dug up my yard last year. It's nice to have choices.

Bastard! Tallmadge is "looking into" fiber, so we're stuck with Spectrum like everyone else because AT&T is even worse.

In the bag:

Bag: