Random Thread

Our Sponsors

Shots never worked for me.  I had cartilage removed the old fashioned way in 1971, and it was never good after that.  I waited as long as I could for docs to get better at replacement.  Almost waited too long; my doc retired a year later after he did my wife's right knee.
Now my wife goes in for carpel tunnel in 2 weeks.  Golf over for her the rest of the year.

The procedures they do now are incredible compared to 20 years ago.
Good luck to the bride.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Posted Images

Just now, Rickp said:

The procedures they do now are incredible compared to 20 years ago.
Good luck to the bride.

It's why it's called a "practice" and we are called "patients", because we have to be patient while they practice.    🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's why it's called a "practice" and we are called "patients", because we have to be patient while they practice.    🤣

Yup, an old but true saying.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

8 hours ago, fozcycle said:

They are taboo for VA patients.....could lose benefits.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

And depending on the method of refinement even with topical one can check positive for THC on a drug test and for a truck driver that is a no no--- Since my recent injury I am more than likely going to give up driving a truck. I told the VA to shove it years ago. They want to dictate your life too much they wanted me to quit dipping and chewing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

9 hours ago, fozcycle said:

They are taboo for VA patients.....could lose benefits.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

That would be a bad trade off, to lose the benefits over CBD, although most commercial brands are supposed to be free of THC, hence non drugs, but I can see them still have a problem with it.

• Like 3

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

58 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well yesterday was a jam up good make that great day for me. Fellow Spy John Smalls showed up and we managed to get 16 holes in after his family obligations and me taking care of my little dog. this was the first time I had tried to play my own ball after my accident. I had been playing in the Dogfight some not hitting all of the shots. I did an all out effort and lasted 13 holes hitting at it sorta 90%. So I feel positive. John played good and can flat move the ball. We did not keep score and hit practice shots. I know he had one birdie and 2 other near misses on his original ball. Me I think I did have 3 pars which is moving up for me. I quit after 13 because I got tired but he soldiered on for 3 more. We had to cut it short because they wanted the cart in by 5.

Today he is coming up and we are going to switch some adaptors and he wants to see the shop. I will get him to take some pics and post for you guys of the shop and mess.

We are starting late because my little dog has to go to the Vet every day for treatment since he was almost bitten in two by a Pit Bull last Thursday that was not supposed to be in here to begin with. That is all I am going to say because I have legal litigation pending against the owner of the dog

I am glad that you guys were able to play some good golf yesterday.
Keep working on that recover, soon you will be playing 18 with no issues.

It pains me to hear that the doggo was hurt, that really sucks.

• Like 3

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

And depending on the method of refinement even with topical one can check positive for THC on a drug test and for a truck driver that is a no no--- Since my recent injury I am more than likely going to give up driving a truck. I told the VA to shove it years ago. They want to dictate your life too much they wanted me to quit dipping and chewing.

A country boy stopping chewing because someone told him to never gonna happen. I quit years ago because i got sick of buying a can a day

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Well yesterday was a jam up good make that great day for me. Fellow Spy John Smalls showed up and we managed to get 16 holes in after his family obligations and me taking care of my little dog. this was the first time I had tried to play my own ball after my accident. I had been playing in the Dogfight some not hitting all of the shots. I did an all out effort and lasted 13 holes hitting at it sorta 90%. So I feel positive. John played good and can flat move the ball. We did not keep score and hit practice shots. I know he had one birdie and 2 other near misses on his original ball. Me I think I did have 3 pars which is moving up for me. I quit after 13 because I got tired but he soldiered on for 3 more. We had to cut it short because they wanted the cart in by 5.
Today he is coming up and we are going to switch some adaptors and he wants to see the shop. I will get him to take some pics and post for you guys of the shop and mess.
We are starting late because my little dog has to go to the Vet every day for treatment since he was almost bitten in two by a Pit Bull last Thursday that was not supposed to be in here to begin with. That is all I am going to say because I have legal litigation pending against the owner of the dog

Sounds like you’re on the mend!
Sorry to hear about the Pup, hope gets well quickly.
Looking forward to the pics

Sounds like you’re on the mend!
Sorry to hear about the Pup, hope gets well quickly.
Looking forward to the pics

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Not many applicants for the Ben Hogan long irons, hybrids and woods this time around, at least compared to the TSi drivers.

I know that the hand availability and club selection are a turn off, but Hogan still awesome clubs, every now and then I still take out the old GCDs out for a round or two.

I have no idea what year this are.

20201022_092842.jpg

20201022_092846.jpg

20201022_093014.jpg

20201022_093133.jpg

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 5

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That would be a bad trade off, to lose the benefits over CBD, although most commercial brands are supposed to be free of THC, hence non drugs, but I can see them still have a problem with it.

CBD use banned for Active Duty too, largely due to risk that the industry isn't regulated enough...a product could still have THC even if it's not supposed to, which could lead to a failed whiz quiz.

• Like 4

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

CBD use banned for Active Duty too, largely due to risk that the industry isn't regulated enough...a product could still have THC even if it's not supposed to, which could lead to a failed whiz quiz.

Thank you, that is some new insight for me.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s almost November Gentlemen.  Get your checkups!  

And grow your mustaches 🧔🏾🤪

• Like 3

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

5 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

And grow your mustaches 🧔🏾🤪

I can do with out the staches, but it represents a good cause.  Last years contest at work got pretty knarly...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I can do with out the staches, but it represents a good cause.  Last years contest at work got pretty knarly...

Can I still enter the contest if I do not start with a clean shave?

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

My company had also advised against using CBD due to potential drug test failures. THC in the big brands probably isn’t an issue, but people seeking cheaper supply may result in getting lower quality product. It avoids the whole issue if companies/military/etc ban it across the board due to potential issues.

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Can I still enter the contest if I do not start with a clean shave?

Just crown you the champ now.  Haha.  

I tried it for a week before I couldn’t stand it any more.  3-4days is my max.  Can’t do any more than that.  I tried a 30 day one time when I was moving and on leave.  Just not my deal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just crown you the champ now.  Haha.  

I tried it for a week before I couldn’t stand it any more.  3-4days is my max.  Can’t do any more than that.  I tried a 30 day one time when I was moving and on leave.  Just not my deal.

To be fair, I have not shaved in about 6 years, I do trim it often, as the wife has a "no werewolf" policy, but I have not seen my chin in years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge