Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

On 2/7/2022 at 8:46 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Golf pants mini rant. 🤬 I’m looking for new golf pants for the start of the season. Everything is slim fit, designed for guys 6’ 1” 180 lbs. Where I golf, I don’t see a lot of those kind of guys. I’m 6’ and way back when I weighed 195, I was never slim fit. And then the prices! 😱 Ok, back to your regularly scheduled golf content. 

Dude I’m there with ya. Not a small guy and golf pants or shorts have always been a struggle. UA has been the best for me anyway and we have an outlet locally that somehow is always 30%-50% off. But online has some deals to occasionally I just got a few of the shorts for like 30 bucks each after 🎄:

• Style #: 1253487 (shorts)
  • Style #: 1342263 (Pants)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Dude I’m there with ya. Not a small guy and golf pants or shorts have always been a struggle. UA has been the best for me anyway and we have an outlet locally that somehow is always 30%-50% off. But online has some deals to occasionally I just got a few of the shorts for like 30 bucks each after 🎄:

Thanks, I hit the UA outlet last year for shorts but didn’t have luck with the pants.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

On 2/10/2022 at 5:24 PM, MattWillGolf said:

With snow all over my wife and I ventured out to Rochester to the Van Gogh Experience. It was very cool and definitely worth it.

830A842A-8D78-49CD-AB4D-84D70851E68C.jpeg.ae77e5a9859683048512ea05195f95ed.jpeg

2D8E726B-34B0-40C2-B345-C8E1AD0D5EFF.jpeg.4ebfe08bb18b4b08cfd3da5703347e23.jpeg

EE191924-0C68-40FA-9BA6-02FE07086794.jpeg.ebf76fc324ba1d164104720ac5acb601.jpeg

We did that at Biltmore around Christmas.  I could have stood in that room for days.  Pretty cool experience, and I learned a lot about his art that I did not know.

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’m absolutely destroying it right now in COD mobile.  That is saying a lot, because my almost 40 hand eye coordination is taking names…. 💪🏼

You connect an Xbox controller via bluetooth? I've heard that's the way to go.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

22 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

That's what my son does, just with a PS4 controller. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 2/17/2022 at 6:15 PM, Shankster said:

I’m absolutely destroying it right now in COD mobile.  That is saying a lot, because my almost 40 hand eye coordination is taking names…. 💪🏼

On 2/18/2022 at 3:51 PM, gavinski91 said:

On 2/18/2022 at 4:14 PM, russtopherb said:

That's what my son does, just with a PS4 controller. 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, Shankster said:

Nope.  Just my phone.  Still on a roll.  Aaron Rodgers doesn’t have as many MVP’s as me. 😏

This is a completely foreign language to me!?!?!?!  😂  Besides a golf simulator, the last video game i played was frogger on my apple IIe in the 80's.  

I went skiing for a few hours yesterday with my kid up at Blue Mtn, PA.  As cold and windy as it was I wasn't going golfing anyway.  It's a yearly reminder of how out of shape I am and the following days are a reminder of how age makes recovery take waaaaay longer than it used to!  But I had fun, avoided any major injuries and may even do it once more this year.  It was extremely windy in the afternoon once a heavy snow squall came through. 

Only fell once trying to go down a trail they had set up for a kids slalom competition.  It was later after they had taken down the gates and temp fencing.  After watching them make their runs while riding up the lift through the day we thought it would be fun to make a run on it at our own slower speed since if a 9 yo can do it so could we.  I'll blame the ice and the ruts cut into the switchback turn and maybe i caught a little air and a gust of wind kept me from nailing the landing and hitting the pine cones that blew out of the trees as the reason for going down fairly gracefully.

The day ended when i burned my legs out going down a freestyle trail we made a wrong turn onto.  That was a lot of work for me and my quads were really tightening up by the time I got done.  I didn't want to chance a bad fall after that so we headed in at about 5.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

55 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

This is a completely foreign language to me!?!?!?!  😂  Besides a golf simulator, the last video game i played was frogger on my apple IIe in the 80's.  

I went skiing for a few hours yesterday with my kid up at Blue Mtn, PA.  As cold and windy as it was I wasn't going golfing anyway.  It's a yearly reminder of how out of shape I am and the following days are a reminder of how age makes recovery take waaaaay longer than it used to!  But I had fun, avoided any major injuries and may even do it once more this year.  It was extremely windy in the afternoon once a heavy snow squall came through. 

Only fell once trying to go down a trail they had set up for a kids slalom competition.  It was later after they had taken down the gates and temp fencing.  After watching them make their runs while riding up the lift through the day we thought it would be fun to make a run on it at our own slower speed since if a 9 yo can do it so could we.  I'll blame the ice and the ruts cut into the switchback turn and maybe i caught a little air and a gust of wind kept me from nailing the landing and hitting the pine cones that blew out of the trees as the reason for going down fairly gracefully.

The day ended when i burned my legs out going down a freestyle trail we made a wrong turn onto.  That was a lot of work for me and my quads were really tightening up by the time I got done.  I didn't want to chance a bad fall after that so we headed in at about 5.

I used to ski quite a bit.  The last time I went out, I think I was like 19.  I made a sharp turn, caught an edge and landed on my throat on the blunt end of a ski pole.  That was the last time I ever went.  But, we are thinking about making a trip next winter back home to hit the slopes with the kids.

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I used to ski quite a bit.  The last time I went out, I think I was like 19.  I made a sharp turn, caught an edge and landed on my throat on the blunt end of a ski pole.  That was the last time I ever went.  But, we are thinking about making a trip next winter back home to hit the slopes with the kids.

It's best they learn while little and fearless with a low center of gravity!  Nothing grates on my nerves more than being passed by countless 7 yo's on skis or a board smoothly zig zagging back and forth like they are on a rail.  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Was excited to get out and play or practice today. Course is still dormant and brown. All shots are tight lies. Got home and turned on "The Genesis Invitational"  Wish my course was green. Envious yet Depressing! 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Neighbor asked me last Wednesday if I wanted Tix to Daytona today.  He got 4 as a last minute present but he has to go to Tampa after the race so I (and whoever wanted to go) has to drive ourselves.  After talking to SWMBO and a couple guys we decided to pass on the Tix. Watching race on TV and flipping back to Genesis golf made right call.  

SWMBO and buddies SWMBO’s were definitely very influential in decision.😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I’m not in the market for a driver (at least I don’t think), yet I find myself constantly refreshing the main MGS page waiting for Most Wanted Driver to post…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like @Yellow Ball was 'under the sheets' busily procreating this winter .........

IMG_8775.jpg.f29d26cc8ea818aba5b918b87d2b2a00.jpg

Well, the winters are pretty long. If I spent my winters in Florida I would only get smacked around more. What would you rather be doing? 

265242100_Makingmore.gif.f8ed404b1d4bbefa3d61ff37cb3af903.gif

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like @Yellow Ball was 'under the sheets' busily procreating this winter .........

So, a month's supply Tony? 😬

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

59 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Well, the winters are pretty long. If I spent my winters in Florida I would only get smacked around more. What would you rather be doing? 

265242100_Makingmore.gif.f8ed404b1d4bbefa3d61ff37cb3af903.gif

If you spent winters in FL you would have a “gold tint “ from the Fireball!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I received 2 dozen for Christmas. I gave them their own basement apartment but alas, there is still only 2 dozen. 

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

I received 2 dozen for Christmas. I gave them their own basement apartment but alas, there is still only 2 dozen. 

I think some may need a little 'blue pill' 😉

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not that I used it a lot, but I stopped using all social media platforms a few days ago, and I can say that I am honestly a better person for not reading all the crap that varying opinions are trying to jam down peoples throats.

Liberating actually.  I’ve also decided I’m not watching any news going forward, also a great move.  If it is that important someone will tell me.  I didn’t watch the news for like 36 years, I wasn’t missing anything then, sure won’t going forward.

I was thinking of starting a My Space account, but couldn't figure out how.

Tech is a problem for me.

I've heard a lot of crticism of social media platforms lately, but nobody seems to be complaing about My Space.

It must be the one to use.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not that I used it a lot, but I stopped using all social media platforms a few days ago, and I can say that I am honestly a better person for not reading all the crap that varying opinions are trying to jam down peoples throats.

Liberating actually.  I’ve also decided I’m not watching any news going forward, also a great move.  If it is that important someone will tell me.  I didn’t watch the news for like 36 years, I wasn’t missing anything then, sure won’t going forward.

I did that a few years ago it has been an absolute joy!

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I did that a few years ago it has been an absolute joy!

Me too. I like living in Tom's own little world. No news on TV, no newspaper, no internet news. Don't even want to hear office gossip!   

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Some random humor that made me laugh out loud. 😂

A4A1993C-E686-453E-9B9F-A4267BCFAD24.jpeg.0fc8b2e0d1f0526ac943102690e3b1dd.jpeg

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’m minimum Social Media, MGS & Instagram Account that is primarily used for keeping up with Gkids in CT.

No Twitter, FB etc.

Rick

Left Hand,