Random Thread

Our Sponsors

On 11/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, dlow206 said:

Had one of those rounds where i don't feel good at all about my game, and am feeling discouraged. Add to that, injured myself as well pretty early in the round. 

Listen to your body and take it easy for a while.  Putt around the house and see if you can find some not serious buddies and go enjoy your next round not caring about what you shoot.  When I'm in the dumps golfwise, that generally helps me.

Hope the physical and golf recovery goes swiftly.

• Like 6

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

Posted Images

On 11/15/2020 at 5:27 PM, Shankster said:

I am doing a research paper on Intergenerational Relationships over the next few weeks.

I personally remember having great relationships with older people when I was a kid.  Learning from them, but now, it’s like hey... old man, you are a creep get the heck our of here... 

got any input for me?

So.... are you asking for input from creepy old men, 'cause I think you are in the right place??!!??  😆

I have thought about this a lot the last few months because we have my 90+ yo parents living with us since March.  There is a lot of assisted living type of effort, how that changed the relationship and how drastically different it is now compared to 5 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

So.... are you asking for input from creepy old men, 'cause I think you are in the right place??!!??  
I have thought about this a lot the last few months because we have my 90+ yo parents living with us since March.  There is a lot of assisted living type of effort, how that changed the relationship and how drastically different it is now compared to 5 years ago.

Someone looking for creepy old guys

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/15/2020 at 5:27 PM, Shankster said:

I am doing a research paper on Intergenerational Relationships over the next few weeks.

I personally remember having great relationships with older people when I was a kid.  Learning from them, but now, it’s like hey... old man, you are a creep get the heck our of here... 

got any input for me?

When I was in my 20's, I worked part time as a doorman at a high rise condo in Tampa.  Many affluent retired people lived there as well as many working people as well.  

There was one man--Mr. Fields--he was a retired lawyer in his 70's at the time, he would come down each evening after dinner to have a cigar.  He would sit in a chair in the lobby very near my station.   Yes, you could still smoke in public places at that time..ha    I didn't mind the cigar smoke at all.  I got to know him pretty well, and soaked up the stories he told me, on everything from Presidents to Babe Ruth and the Yankees of the 20's.   Every evening was the better than any history lessons I received in school.   I moved on from that job, and I've never met anyone like him since.   

• Like 7
  • Love 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Someone looking for creepy old guysemoji16.png

There may be a few of us here 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Got my mega-dose flu shot today.  The Dr. told me that the CDC said that one of the strains in the vaccine is a very good match for the flu showing up on the east coast this year, so the vaccine should be very effective.  In addition, with all of the COVID protocols in effect, the flu death rate should be extremely low this year compared to previous years.  So we got that going for us... which is nice!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got my mega-dose flu shot today.  The Dr. told me that the CDC said that one of the strains in the vaccine is a very good match for the flu showing up on the east coast this year, so the vaccine should be very effective.  In addition, with all of the COVID protocols in effect, the flu death rate should be extremely low this year compared to previous years.  So we got that going for us... which is nice!

We did the flu also.
We are at the start of Hoarding again. SWMBO went to store yesterday no paper products and frozen foods were minimal. The amount of “Seasonal Residents” and renters has been at max for a month. Never saw so many northern states license plates this early.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We did the flu also.
We are at the start of Hoarding again. SWMBO went to store yesterday no paper products and frozen foods were minimal. The amount of “Seasonal Residents” and renters has been at max for a month. Never saw so many northern states license plates this early.

My wife went to Walmart early Monday morning.  TP all gone.  Since we can't visit my dad in Oregon for at least the next month, I quickly sent some to him via Amazon.  They were out on some products already too.

Maybe some of those "Seasonal Residents" are staying there permanently this year??

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife went to Walmart early Monday morning.  TP all gone.  Since we can't visit my dad in Oregon for at least the next month, I quickly sent some to him via Amazon.  They were out on some products already too.
Maybe some of those "Seasonal Residents" are staying there permanently this year??

That’s a definite on the Birds, there’re fleeing the North and staying here in FL.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

That’s a definite on the Birds, there’re fleeing the North and staying here in FL.

My good friend who passed away 10 years ago lived in Ohio and bought a patio home on a golf course maybe 25 years ago.  Did the bird thing.  It wasn't long before he changed his permanent residence to Naples for tax purposes, but kept his home in OH for summer.

• Like 3

With golf season over and only doing some consulting work these days I lost my mind and joined a gym. Please resume me from the hell I have created...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

So a few months back I had posted a pic of what was the former 6th green of the course 2 mins from my house that closed 5 years ago. It was an overgrown mess. 

I had noticed some work on the property to start cleaning things up a few weeks ago, it was right around the time I saw an article about concerns over abandoned/neglected properties and fire concerns due to how dry it was. As of today, the whole property is cleaned up, grass is cut, front gates have been removed and there's some traffic in and out. A buddy just heard that the course & the function hall onsite have finally been sold and the new owners are planning on re-opening both, and not using the land for development. Hope we get some real news soon. 

EDIT: Pic can be found in this post - 

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

My good friend who passed away 10 years ago lived in Ohio and bought a patio home on a golf course maybe 25 years ago.  Did the bird thing.  It wasn't long before he changed his permanent residence to Naples for tax purposes, but kept his home in OH for summer.

We went to Walmart this afternoon. There were some paper products but not much. Parking lot loaded w New York, New Jersey & Michigan. More than usual this time of year.
And to your point Kenny most of the Snowbirds I know have their permanent address as FL for Tax purposes. Some are legit others not so much. I believe must live in FL over 6 months.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I had to run in to Walmart to pick up a couple of things today and noticed most of the carts in the checkout lanes had large size TP and paper towel packages. Let the shortage games begin .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

With the end of the golf season ever looming over the northeast it was time....for the final (maybe 1 more if I get out) cleaning....

151AE447-BE90-4F58-B04C-5D130B7FC23F.jpeg

• Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Maybe we can get the Mods to create a Seasonal Resident badge.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

We did the flu also.

Hoarding is very much in full swing again. Wife grabbed a small TP yesterday because we are getting low and needed some but wanted to make sure because it was bare! Canned goods are flying off the shelf too

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸