Random Thread

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Richard Noggin 

Took me a minute to realize what you said. Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet 😂

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

I've mentioned before that I work for a major auto manufacturer and one of the perks is killer deals on lease cars. I went yesterday and replaced mine with an Audi Q3. I've been wanting to lease

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

not quite, for a few reasons. 

first, i’d never offer completely unsolicited advice to a stranger. especially when that advice comes in the form of “you’re not very good” and doubly especially when the guy giving the advice just carded a 105. 

second, my level of enjoyment is my own concern and it’s not for anyone else to dictate. who is he (or anyone else) to say that i wasn’t enjoying myself just fine 

third, i’ve been working on my game off the tee all season. this particular course is only about 6700 from the tips. from the forward tees i wouldn’t be pulling driver on most holes. that would defeat the purpose of being out there working. 

no offense taken 

Cool! Your reasoning makes complete sense to me. 

• Like 6

Ping G410, 10.5 5.5 Evenflow , Ping G425 5 wood/ Ping Anser 20 degree hybrid/ Srixon ZX5, 5-PW/ Ping Glide 50,54, & 58ES/ Bettinardi Queen B

2 minutes ago, braincramp said:

Cool! Your reasoning makes complete sense to me. 

on a longer, difficult course, i move up a set. there’s no ego here. 

• Like 7

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

12 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

not quite, for a few reasons. 

first, i’d never offer completely unsolicited advice to a stranger. especially when that advice comes in the form of “you’re not very good” and doubly especially when the guy giving the advice just carded a 105. 

second, my level of enjoyment is my own concern and it’s not for anyone else to dictate. who is he (or anyone else) to say that i wasn’t enjoying myself just fine 

third, i’ve been working on my game off the tee all season. this particular course is only about 6700 from the tips. from the forward tees i wouldn’t be pulling driver on most holes. that would defeat the purpose of being out there working. 

no offense taken 

I was going to say there is no reason to still not have fun hitting from the tips even if the handicap doesn’t dictate that. Putting away a potential 300+ yard driver on virtually every hole for you wouldn’t be fun

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. ......

So I'm posing this question. Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

The only real lousy part is him taking the last cart and stiffing you.  The way he or anyone else feels about the talent level of who they play with isn't something I'd put any effort into trying to figuring out.

• Like 7

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Speaking of next fairway over.. I just checked my arccos stats... had a drive of 65 yards left of center and 60 yards right of center.... 125 yard dispersion is absolutely terrible... not counting the outliers it has me at 22 yards from center on average... I can see where I need to focus my game. 

• Like 7
Every fall there is a group from school that gets together for a couple days of golf in OCMD.  There is a guy in that group who might be the worst golfer among us (like 115 average score) that is famous for offering all kinds of advice from swing tips to course strategy to green reading.  His most famous green reading comment from a couple decades ago that is still lives on was noting very seriously that the putt would break toward the water.....while we were on an island green!   🤣   We have since determined he is actually a genius since he couldn't be wrong by making that comment!   Another was him complaining about a course not having very good markers for yardages into greens....while lining up a shot from two fairways over after a 100 yard slice on his tee shot.   [emoji38]
We are all way past the point of being annoyed by it and use it as a source of amusement.  It actually has made me look at all unsolicited advice from a humorous perspective and it doesn't bother me any more.

I’m pretty sure I’ve played w the 115 handicap guy[emoji106]
He is right about the Island Green, pure genius. A Classic[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Went out yesterday afternoon ( our course is dead around 2 PM) Was just going to play maybe 5 holes not pushing the issue. Ran up on a older couple about the time I was going to quit and they asked me to join them. I told them I would try it and explained my prediciment. He smiled and said they knew. Turns out they are members and I did not know them. The gentleman explained that they were both surprised when they saw me come up the little hill and hit a shot into #7. He said they remembered me up by the putting green putting with a broomstick putter with a back brace on which was in May and June. They were amazed that I was attempting to play and hitting it decent not far but decent. On #9 there is a swamp that plays into the hole on the second shot (par 5) hit a decent drive maybe 200 yards. No way I could clear the swamp ( used to could no brainer) Sucked it up did the layover still had 170 to the green. Hit 5 wood to the fringe got up and down for par. He told me there ain't no pictures on a score card. They did push me for the 2 extra holes that did not hurt me any. We sat on the patio and chatted for a little while. He did give me a sound piece of advice move up a set of tees. I told him I did when playing my persimmons I did. He said for now to do it with the moderns. I told him I was only 63. He said it did not matter everyone around there knew I was hurt. He had correctly observed that my distance loss was exactly the distance between the yellow ( senior tees) and the green (super senior 70 and older tees). He also imparted some sound wisdom. Where I am hitting the driver now on par 4s I am hitting on average a 5 iron when normally it is a 6 or 7 iron. He added on #9 if I had hit from the green tees I would have been able to clear the swamp with the 5 wood easily. He was absolutely correct. He also stated that that was a no brainer since I quit the scramble and do not play leagues. I found out inside after they left he is about 85 years old and an ex club pro retired. So if I get to play today it is the green tees with the modern stuff

That is about the best Sunday golf sermon I have heard Big Stu full of honesty, humility and a good dose of makes sense! The huge difference (and I mentioned this recently in the last couple days) is that pesky thing that snags us as adolescents and doesn't let go until a huge amount of maturity kicks us in the rear.  Ego. 

Love the image of swinging easy and catching up to your older couple and joining for an enjoyable end of the 9 holes with an après golf wind-down afterward.  Starting my game at 50 and going to be 60 when my next round is possible I have had many of these venerable golfers imparting their wisdom, eager to do so while they have someone to pass along (in many cases) a lifetime of learning with failures and successes.

My game became instantly more enjoyable when I stopped listening to the ego guys about hitting from the tips.  I always say now when with new players before we get to the first tee that I play ready golf and they aren't to wait to see whose turn it is because I will hit from the golds or whatever color the senior tees are, because they are there and they are put where my drives will be in play (yes positive thinking) and will give me a chance at par.

One day I would like to play 9 with you sharing ideas and insights, 18 if necessary but if it is a full 18 then having a good lunch at the turn would really make a great day out. 

Edited by EasyPutter
  • Like 7

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, and Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

[mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention] i was playing a round back in september at a public course that used to be a private club. 
i got paired up with a nice old dude (mid to late 70s?) who was a member at the club when it was private. 
we enjoyed a nice enough round, him playing from the senior tees and me from the tips. 
i fought my driver all day, and scrambled my way to a normal mid-90s round. he chipped his way around the course and probably came in 8 strokes behind me. 
we walk off the 18th green (par 5, i got home in 2, missed an eagle putt and birdied) and he goes “nice playing with you today. can i give you some advice? don’t play from the tips. you’re not good enough for that. you’ll enjoy the course a lot more from the white tees”
some people really can’t help themselves

That’s funny, at least he didn’t start chirping at the turn[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

That is about the best Sunday golf sermon I have heard Big Stu full of honesty, humility and a good dose of makes sense! The huge difference (and I mentioned this recently in the last couple days) is that pesky thing that snags us as adolescents and doesn't let go until a huge amount of maturity kicks us in the rear.  Ego. 

Love the image of swinging easy and catching up to your older couple and joining for an enjoyable end of the 9 holes with an après golf wind-down afterward.  Starting my game at 50 and going to be 60 when my next round is possible I have had many of these venerable golfers imparting their wisdom, eager to do so while they have someone to pass along (in many cases) a lifetime of learning with failures and successes.

My game became instantly more enjoyable when I stopped listening to the ego guys about hitting from the tips.  I always say now when with new players before we get to the first tee that I play ready golf and they aren't to wait to see whose turn it is because I will hit from the golds or whatever color the senior tees are, because they are there and they are put where my drives will be in play (yes positive thinking) and will give me a chance at par.

One day I would like to play 9 with you sharing ideas and insights, 18 if necessary but if it is a full 18 then having a good lunch at the turn would really make a great day out. 

Come on down we will have a blast. Maybe when this covid crap gets over I will be healed enough to play decent. Give you another good story. About 15 years ago I mentored this young kid who worked the cart barn at my then home course. Helped him pass his PAT for his Class A card. We played a lot of golf over the years. Well I got older and one day he suggested I move up to the white tees I was 53 at the time. I did and started enjoying golf again. When I turned 60 it was a no brainer for me to move to the Senior tees. Yep I had let my ego get into the way. And to be honest I am fighting ego now because I am some 35 yards shorter than I was in April before my accident. I have to keep reminding myself but I do ok playing my ball because I have always been a scrambler. Just do not need at this point playing the scrambles and trying to reach out and touch someone

• Like 7

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Took me a minute to realize what you said. Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet 😂

I know old buddy I have to have the coffee jumpstart myself

• Like 4

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I know old buddy I have to have the coffee jumpstart myself

Coffee is a much better drink on course, save the other as tonic for beginning the cool down 🍻923303098_2020112112thgreen(2).jpg.e9b280f614f4910014f7c3b365681da3.jpg

• Like 9

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Coffee is a much better drink on course, save the other as tonic for beginning the cool down 🍻923303098_2020112112thgreen(2).jpg.e9b280f614f4910014f7c3b365681da3.jpg

I can't drink coffee or anything with caffeine before or during play; my ball striking is not good anyway and caffeine makes it worse.  On the other hand, BV/7up at the turn is quite helpful if I'm having a bad day!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

One of the things I relish every morning coffee. One of my favorite things in good weather sitting on the patio at my club cup of Folgers in had with a cigar watching the sun rise looking over the lake looking at out 18th green and 10th hole. People pay good money for views like that. Yep If you ever get down here we will do that too and your coffee cup will fit in just fine. Raining here this morning which I knew was going to happen yesterday without looking at any weather reports. My back was raising hell all day and is hurting to beat the band this morning. Of course I am in my Lazy Boy with the heat and massage going WFO and of course a cup of Folgers on my side table. No cigar my wife does not like them in the house

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I can't drink coffee or anything with caffeine before or during play; my ball striking is not good anyway and caffeine makes it worse.  On the other hand, BV/7up at the turn is quite helpful if I'm having a bad day!

Well even before I was hurt I was starting to get the dreaded Mr. Arthur---- My SOP before warm up is at least 2 cups with 5 Ibuprofen. My infamous statement which my scramble partners love---- Stuey you ready? I reply yep 2 cups of coffee 5 Iveys ( what we call ibuprofen) and my swing feels like a cheap folding lawn chair yep I am ready. Caffene does not give me the shakes at all. Actually will get them if I do not have any coffee

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

One of the things I relish every morning coffee. One of my favorite things in good weather sitting on the patio at my club cup of Folgers in had with a cigar watching the sun rise looking over the lake looking at out 18th green and 10th hole. People pay good money for views like that. Yep If you ever get down here we will do that too and your coffee cup will fit in just fine. Raining here this morning which I knew was going to happen yesterday without looking at any weather reports. My back was raising hell all day and is hurting to beat the band this morning. Of course I am in my Lazy Boy with the heat and massage going WFO and of course a cup of Folgers on my side table. No cigar my wife does not like them in the house

I have always preferred the dawn, even before the DIs were waking us up gently with a garbage can banging the lid. Back to serene thoughts... don't mind a cigar nearby nice smelling and keeps away biting critters that fly. 

Nothing like watching the day starting while most things and people are asleep, seeing the world wake up again and putting the first footsteps, wheel tracks, and ball trails on the course.  The steam rising off the water surface as peaceful as state of mind, only interrupted by the crack of a well hit golf ball.

Raising my mug to your good health returning as soon as possible ☕

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I have always preferred the dawn, even before the DIs were waking us up gently with a garbage can banging the lid. Back to serene thoughts... don't mind a cigar nearby nice smelling and keeps away biting critters that fly. 

Nothing like watching the day starting while most things and people are asleep, seeing the world wake up again and putting the first footsteps, wheel tracks, and ball trails on the course.  The steam rising off the water surface as peaceful as state of mind, only interrupted by the crack of a well hit golf ball.

Raising my mug to your good health returning as soon as possible ☕

I learned early mornings at a early age. My folks ran a daily fee muni type of course. I always had work to do. Even in the winter my old man raised bird dogs and they had to be taken care of and I had rabbit boxes. Me and the guy over the hill joked we did more work before school than most kids did in a week. His folks ran a dairy farm. Later on I cut greens and fairways. And when I say cut greens it was with a powered walk mower but our greens were small. In the summer I was off around 9 or so after I had gotten the carts out for play. But in the summer I went late to wash and put them up and on charge. When I was around 15 or so I took over the driving range which was down the hill and an all together separate faculity . Had to pick and wash balls and keep all the grass cut. Sometimes those were 15 hour days. I remember my first day in Navy Boot Camp I was up at 4 AM. The company commander ( DI to you Army and Marine guys) he asked WTH? I told him it was SOP for me I was raised to work. He muttered Ok great carry on. The last company I trucked for I could do as I darn well pleased as long as I got my weekly load requirements in. I always left the yard at 4AM. It is still referred to even today as "Stu Time". When I semi retired the 1st of April I only worked 2 days a week or 20 hours so only did 2 loads a week compared to 10. I remember my boss told me well you do not have to do Stu Time any more. I told him contrary i am up any how and might as well be trucking as to sitting on my a$$ at home or in the Waffle House. Besides I could get done and be back on the beach by 9:30. The morning I got hurt I got hurt about 7 or so. I remember right before they put me in the Cat scan I had them hand me my phone to cancel my 11:00 tee time. LOL those folks at the hospital looked at me like I had Lobsters growing out of my ears. But I am still a early riser even though I am retired some habits are hard to break. But I will admit since it is raining and no golf I may take a nap 

• Like 8