Random Thread

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

First day back to work since before thanksgiving... wow.  What a stack of junk to take care of... 😳

Don't fall for it.  One of my sage executive managers once told me that they look for guys (gals) that can efficiently empty the incoming box - and the faster you empty the faster they refill. Of course he told me this during a performance review, just before he retired, and after stuffing my inbox on a regular basis 😆.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

home sweet (new) home. made sure to get my clubs off the truck and into the basement so they weren’t cold for another night. priorities are definitely in order, haha.   

I've mentioned before that I work for a major auto manufacturer and one of the perks is killer deals on lease cars. I went yesterday and replaced mine with an Audi Q3. I've been wanting to lease

Posted Images

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

When it comes to groups that involve kids and parent volunteers to help run things, why is it that the parents who do the absolute least amount of work are the ones who complain the most and never have a clue about what's going on? Even when they've been involved for *years*? It baffles me.

Actually Rusty that goes for any organization whether it is in Church , a volunteer fire department or a car club.

• Like 6

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

On 12/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, ejgaudette said:

That is a cool souvenir. As for the kit it seems crazy now but how many people did buy it for their kids. It was put in everything back when radioactive elements were first discovered, even toothpaste

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12732/9-ways-people-used-radium-we-understood-risks

When I was in grad school, I worked at our research reactor and gave tours on occasion. In order to illustrate that we are constantly surrounded by radioactivity we would test Coleman lantern mantles (contain thorium to increase brightness), which would make the monitors alarm. Ironically, because of NRC regulations, that simple lantern mantle could never leave the building even though you could buy one at Walmart.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Great; you just ruined Everybody Loves Raymond for me... [emoji6]

What about Archie Bunker[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

When I was in grad school, I worked at our research reactor and gave tours on occasion. In order to illustrate that we are constantly surrounded by radioactivity we would test Coleman lantern mantles (contain thorium to increase brightness), which would make the monitors alarm. Ironically, because of NRC regulations, that simple lantern mantle could never leave the building even though you could buy one at Walmart.

When I was active with the adult leadership part of Boy Scouts we were well aware that our mantle lanterns should stay in the Troop storage room when going into Canada because it was said to cross the border with them would set off the sensors at the crossing point.  Having had to pass through military facility checkpoints countless times in my life, I am not about to test that possibility, all lamps were changed for LED lamps and those mantles were never been touched again.

• Like 5

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, and Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Yeah the list of radioactive things is long

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

After I graduated in nuclear chemistry in 1969 and before I moved here to the Hanford Nuclear Site in 1970, I stayed on in school at the research reactor to work with the rocks brought back from the moon... because who could pass up on that opportunity!!  😃

"So, now I have a googlephonic stereo with a moon-rock needle. It sounds okay in my car, but I wouldn't want it in my house." 
    -- Steve Martin

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Yeah the list of radioactive things is long

My favorite was the demonstration of the Geiger Counter to the NY State Senate Chambers at the State Capitol in the late 70s during the Three Mile Island incident.  As soon as it was turned on it sounded like a popcorn popper on overdrive, being it was in a building made of granite, confused all the news folks who couldn't understand how (1) it wasn't malfunctioning and (2) how the building could be so radioactive and nobody had warned the public. 🤣 I was a high school student and just about died laughing at their stupidity...

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, and Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

16 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

My favorite was the demonstration of the Geiger Counter to the NY State Senate Chambers at the State Capitol in the late 70s during the Three Mile Island incident.  As soon as it was turned on it sounded like a popcorn popper on overdrive, being it was in a building made of granite, confused all the news folks who couldn't understand how (1) it wasn't malfunctioning and (2) how the building could be so radioactive and nobody had warned the public. 🤣 I was a high school student and just about died laughing at their stupidity...

That is a good one, being from NH gotta love the radioactive granite. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

5 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I can remember when I was on the County Haz-Mat team we had those counters made in the 60s for Civil Defense. I took one home one night and showed the wife. It went wild when you got near the color TV screen. I think after I left and moved here they got more modern ones

• Like 5

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

LOL yep they did not know the difference between Alpha Beta or Gamma waves. Believe it or not you have to watch this stuff in the scrap metal industry. All of the mills have radiation detection equipment located at their scales going in. Nucor Steel is really really strict on that sort of thing . We never had any loads rejected but I have seen them reject loads because they set the alarms off

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

What about Archie Bunkeremoji33.png

Oh when Glenn Miller Played

Songs that made the hit parade

Gee our old Lasalle ran great

Those were the days

Or something like that

• Like 5

Oh when Glenn Miller Played
Songs that made the hit parade
Gee our old Lasalle ran great
Those were the days
Or something like that

Close enough!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

What about Archie Bunker[emoji33]

Careful - you dating yourself with the young ones on this site. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

While we're in Ohio quarantined so we can see our new grandson on Christmas, I took the opportunity to walk our course for exercise. I saw that they're draining one of the water hazards and are going to fill it in. There have got to be thousands of golf balls lying in the mud! This is just a small sample. IMG_6095.thumb.JPG.5fa346328f17c2bd0dad9878e827b7da.JPG

• Like 8

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Careful - you dating yourself with the young ones on this site. emoji12.png

No need to be careful... it's too late.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

What about Archie Bunkeremoji33.png

A great TV show that couldn't be made today.

• Like 5

Careful - you dating yourself with the young ones on this site. [emoji12]

They have no clue who Archie is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A great TV show that couldn't be made today.

I also watch the series show "In the Heat of the Night " with Carrol O Connor---- WGN in Chicago does not cut it either which sometimes I wonder these days and times how they get away with it. And often on that show you will see the Old Archie come out too

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

While we're in Ohio quarantined so we can see our new grandson on Christmas, I took the opportunity to walk our course for exercise. I saw that they're draining one of the water hazards and are going to fill it in. There have got to be thousands of golf balls lying in the mud! This is just a small sample. IMG_6095.thumb.JPG.5fa346328f17c2bd0dad9878e827b7da.JPG

You can bet the farm if that was the case down here some old fart retiree would be in the mud in his waders sunk up to his chest with ball retrever and pillowcase in hand. Covid restrictions be dammed

• Like 5
  • Haha 4