Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

18 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

I was just going to say, it looks like Shankster's new house was going to be delivered via river boat 😆 

It's going the wrong way!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

That video is bonkers. The way the house remained intact 🤯 I can’t imagine watching my house disappear like that. I grew up in a small town just south of San Francisco on the coast. One of the neighborhoods a couple miles north of me overlooking the ocean lost a block of homes to beach erosion. One day you are looking out your front window at houses across the street and later you have ocean views.

Having lived in WA for 30 years and seeing riverfront (and oceanfront) property and houses go bye-bye every few years, I am particularly careful about where we live.  Washaway Beach is named that for a reason. What is really nuts is that they allow folks to build in known flood plains... often repeatedly (think southern CA coast) 🙄.  Each time they incur the loss we all get to help pay for it.  Insurance companies rarely lose profit margin for long.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

26 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The house you’re selling or the one you’re trying to buy??? Or both???

Fixed the one that is now sold.  The other one… they did some septic work… it got really messed up.  They didn’t backfill it, and we all know it rains out there, eroded under the foundation.  Really too bad because it was a super cool place that we really liked.

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Fixed the one that is now sold.  The other one… they did some septic work… it got really messed up.  They didn’t backfill it, and we all know it rains out there, eroded under the foundation.  Really too bad because it was a super cool place that we really liked.

That sounds like the septic company is liable for damages

11 hours ago, RichL85 said:

Went to get coffee for my wife yesterday. The employee in the window saw my Mandalorian coffee cup and started talking about being a huge Star Wars fan. Then he said, and I quote, "I can't wait to turn 18 so I can get a tattoo of the Mandalorian signet." I feel so old now. 

I’ve taken people to the hospital that were born after I graduated high school and I’m only 33 that man I feel old feeling sucks

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I’ve taken people to the hospital that were born after I graduated high school and I’m only 33 that man I feel old feeling sucks

My wife got "carded" a month ago and I didn't!!  At Costco... for the early senior hours!  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 6/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, hohjoe said:

I eat at a small restaurant that charges a fee when using a credit card. I usually have cash and if I don’t and I use my CC, I understand why the fee exists and I don’t have a problem paying it.

7% for CC use seems exorbitant. Places in my area that charge a fee for CC use charge 3-4%. 7% seems like an added tax. Unless 7% is the norm where you live, but it still seems high.

My barber hair stylist gets charged 20% cc fee so she has a great sign made up to please pay with cash.

38 minutes ago, Rickp said:

13 days since Knee Replacement so SWMBO loaded me into our cart and went to lunch.  1st time out of the neighborhood.  
Been taking short walks, with the walker  around neighborhood and transitioning to cane today!!   

I read that as she put you in the little cart that people put on walkers sorry my mind is f’ed up 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I read that as she put you in the little cart that people put on walkers sorry my mind is f’ed up 😂😂😂

As I read this over it wasn’t written well😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

As I read this over it wasn’t written well😁

It was written just fine but my mind is one of those that thinks of stupid crap and try to twist things well because I’m twisted. @bens197 knows the feeling of having a twisted sense of humor it comes with our job

27 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It was written just fine but my mind is one of those that thinks of stupid crap and try to twist things well because I’m twisted. @bens197 knows the feeling of having a twisted sense of humor it comes with our job

It’s a survival tactic. True story. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ok… I think we found “The House”… it’s way more than I wanted to spend, but it appears to check more than all of our boxes, and it isn’t falling apart.

6 minutes from work.

now, @tommc23my golf game can go to 💩 

Typing up the offer as we speak. I fully expect to be Alaning every shot during my next round. That’s code for Shanking them if you are new around here.

Good luck Grasshopper!!  Hope this is the one for your family!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ok… I think we found “The House”… it’s way more than I wanted to spend, but it appears to check more than all of our boxes, and it isn’t falling apart.

6 minutes from work.

now, @tommc23my golf game can go to 💩 

Typing up the offer as we speak. I fully expect to be Alaning every shot during my next round. That’s code for Shanking them if you are new around here.

Hopefully the fourth time is the charm. Good luck my friend 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

13 days since Knee Replacement so SWMBO loaded me into our cart and went to lunch.  1st time out of the neighborhood.  
Been taking short walks, with the walker  around neighborhood and transitioning to cane today!!   

Dang.  I wanted to see Rick “Maverick” P. keeping up with foreign relations in the Stealth Walker.  

Glad to hear recovery is going well.

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

At least you are now out and about looking like everyone else!  🤣

10 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Now did you keep your air pack on during salvage ops at a fire??? You know where I am coming from there. I know back when I was a Volunteer we did not.

One time we had a barn fire and we were doing salvage and in those days no one wore an air pack during salvage. Well there was 2 bales of a certain green leafy substance that was still smoldering under some hay. All of us got high as a kite before we realized what happened. We all had to do a drug test especially another guy and myself who held CDL licenses. At the time I was the Maintence Manager for a local company and did not really operate a CMV except for occasional road tests. I got a waiver but could not road test one until I checked clean. The other guy got like 45 days off but drew Workmans Comp until he checked clean. Right after that OSHA made mandantory procedures about air pack usage even on car fires. Actually after our incident my department and the county made air pack usage mandantory during salvage and overhaul ops

And yes I can say this from experience even as a Volunteer. Any First responder whether they are a Firefighter EMS or Law Enforcement has to have a twisted cynical sense of humor to keep their sanity.

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife got "carded" a month ago and I didn't!!  At Costco... for the early senior hours!  😬

Sometimes I get carded for the same reasons because I get told I do not look 64. And Tom the Golf Nut and John Smalls can back me up on this. I have shoulder length long dark hair with no gray even though my Fu Man does. I get carded on the Senior thing all the time. One young lady profusely apoligized at Outback one day. I told her no need to apologize that a young lady that looked as good as her wanted to card me at my age it made my day.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 6/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, Rickp said:

Florida Rainy Season been slow coming.

Yes us too---- What is this thing you call rain???

G

13 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Not gonna lie, I first read it like @Rickp was being walked by walker, as if someone had him on a leash. But if Rick is challenging seniors to races maybe he needs to be restrained a bit.  LOL sorry Rick. Glad to see you’re up and about and doing well. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

15 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

My barber hair stylist gets charged 20% cc fee so she has a great sign made up to please pay with cash.

My barber doesn't even take credit cards.  It's all cash and carry which is fine by me.  Hard to find a decent one now a days.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Sometimes I get carded for the same reasons because I get told I do not look 64. And Tom the Golf Nut and John Smalls can back me up on this. I have shoulder length long dark hair with no gray even though my Fu Man does. I get carded on the Senior thing all the time. One young lady profusely apoligized at Outback one day. I told her no need to apologize that a young lady that looked as good as her wanted to card me at my age it made my day.

Costco senior age is 50; my wife is 66, but that's not unusual.  She was carded in bars as old as 40.  She showed me a picture of her on a couch eating popcorn, and I said: "Were you 13?"  She was 28.

I think I would have had a better chance if I shaved my beard; most of what hair I have left is still brown, my beard is all white.

6 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

My barber doesn't even take credit cards.  It's all cash and carry which is fine by me.  Hard to find a decent one now a days.

MDGolfHacker

My barber has been cash since she opened 8 years ago.  She had one chair when she opened now has 7.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yes us too---- What is this thing you call rain???

Dunno but hope we get some afternoon thunderstorms soon.

Rick

Left Hand,