Random Thread

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, Reesedw said:

We have a couple of really good golf stores that I normally frequent but since I was there and really did not want to hang out in a store buy decorations for the house i figured i would just wander for a while.. that was short lived.. Thanks to everyone for their responses. If anyone need Top Flite golf balls i know a store.. LOL. anything else not so much..

Really I do not buy much new stuff. I may do some horse trading with my bud at his shop down the street. Balls I have won so many dozen the last year I do not need to buy any for a while. Gloves I buy the Wilson ones at Wally World even though I did win two nice Srixon ones on a raffle ticket. Tees I still have some from my old man's course and my bud that owns the pancake house down the street gives away free golf tees. He insists I get a big hand full every time I go there. I guess I am the quanzi cheap SOB when it comes to golf purchases

• Like 6

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Really I do not buy much new stuff. I may do some horse trading with my bud at his shop down the street. Balls I have won so many dozen the last year I do not need to buy any for a while. Gloves I buy the Wilson ones at Wally World even though I did win two nice Srixon ones on a raffle ticket. Tees I still have some from my old man's course and my bud that owns the pancake house down the street gives away free golf tees. He insists I get a big hand full every time I go there. I guess I am the quanzi cheap SOB when it comes to golf purchases

This is a good reason we have a like mind with how to enjoy life and golf, lowest expense for everything needed.  As far as gloves go, came across a half price deal on Zero Friction gloves at the Post Exchange at Fort Drum last summer, should have bought more, the ads are 100% on the mark they last and really don't show any signs of wear, and I got the Costco deal only discovering the L was probably XL so instantly swapped to the ZF and the one size fits like a, well you know, and I don't know why I double gloved the too big Kirkland but after that round I double gloved the rest of the summer and both gloves showed very little wear...  you really should take a look at Stick and Hack I have linked on my signature lines, I think you would like what you find with the World's Greatest Golf Club without the course 👍

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

This is a good reason we have a like mind with how to enjoy life and golf, lowest expense for everything needed.  As far as gloves go, came across a half price deal on Zero Friction gloves at the Post Exchange at Fort Drum last summer, should have bought more, the ads are 100% on the mark they last and really don't show any signs of wear, and I got the Costco deal only discovering the L was probably XL so instantly swapped to the ZF and the one size fits like a, well you know, and I don't know why I double gloved the too big Kirkland but after that round I double gloved the rest of the summer and both gloves showed very little wear...  you really should take a look at Stick and Hack I have linked on my signature lines, I think you would like what you find with the World's Greatest Golf Club without the course 👍

Thanks for the link. Speaking of Fort Drum when I was trucking and had my own truck I hauled Army equipment in and out of that place. 

• Like 2

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Got an appt for the COVID Vaccine for this Friday but have to drive an hour to get it. Then, yesterday afternoon I got a call from the VA to come I. This morning for the vaccine. So I went to the VA Hospital this morning and got the shot. Much closer, only 15 minute drive. Now I have to go online and cancel the first Appt.

Thank you VA!
Image1611147662.713182.jpg

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Thanks for the link. Speaking of Fort Drum when I was trucking and had my own truck I hauled Army equipment in and out of that place. 

My time has been scant at Ft Drum since the 1982-1987 during my National Guard days when we spent lots of time on our Engineer equipment and on the ranges.  Also, in the 1990s with the Reserves was frequently at Seneca Army Depot (across the highway from the old Samson Navy Base on Seneca Lake) where the renowned herd of white deer roams.  It's totally shut down now after BRAC eliminated it just as Samson went before it.  

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

My time has been scant at Ft Drum since the 1982-1987 during my National Guard days when we spent lots of time on our Engineer equipment and on the ranges.  Also, in the 1990s with the Reserves was frequently at Seneca Army Depot (across the highway from the old Samson Navy Base on Seneca Lake) where the renowned herd of white deer roams.  It's totally shut down now after BRAC eliminated it just as Samson went before it.  

I was at Drum in early 70’s. COLD
Actually nice area.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I was at Drum in early 70’s. COLDemoji33.png
Actually nice area.

Went to Drum in January 1986 to support a unit doing Winter Annual Training.  They were able to get a whole 1/4 mile out toward the ranges before the snow kept them going any farther so they set up there. 

Post snowplows used side wing-plow to push snowbanks back enough so stop signs were visible and cross roads were totally blind.  Only vehicle incident was on the Thruway back to Buffalo when one truck towing another truck with trailer on a tow bar slid off the long downhill at the Geneva exit and was so remote in the middle of the interchange in a ditch it wasn't extricated for a month until conditions improved for a commercial recovery operation.

It's God's country in summer and has a strong German influence with the number of POWs who were liberated from Camp Drum after WW2 ended and decided to stay and make a living.  I got a discount golf deal for the 1000 Islands Golf Club last summer and took my son to the Fort and a day of golf with dad, awesome day out and highly recommend it if anyone gets the chance.  Stone's throw from Canada too (literally).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Went to Drum in January 1986 to support a unit doing Winter Annual Training.  They were able to get a whole 1/4 mile out toward the ranges before the snow kept them going any farther so they set up there. 

Post snowplows used side wing-plow to push snowbanks back enough so stop signs were visible and cross roads were totally blind.  Only vehicle incident was on the Thruway back to Buffalo when one truck towing another truck with trailer on a tow bar slid off the long downhill at the Geneva exit and was so remote in the middle of the interchange in a ditch it wasn't extricated for a month until conditions improved for a commercial recovery operation.

It's God's country in summer and has a strong German influence with the number of POWs who were liberated from Camp Drum after WW2 ended and decided to stay and make a living.  I got a discount golf deal for the 1000 Islands Golf Club last summer and took my son to the Fort and a day of golf with dad, awesome day out and highly recommend it if anyone gets the chance.  Stone's throw from Canada too (literally).

Around 89 or so we loaded at Ft Drum in the dead of the winter going to Aberdeen MD.  Loaded a 6x6 on my low boy. Pulled it a little more forward than usual to get some weight on the drives. The Sargent there knew exactly what I was doing and why and he told the guys to pull the bumper off the 6x6 so I could scoot it a little more forward. Told the guys to throw it in the back of the 6x6 that those lazy arses at Aberdeen could put it back on. He also signed the bills with his name and rank and phone number. Told me if they gave me any sheite at Aberdeen about the bumper being removed to call him. One of the guys a Lt at Aberdeen saw the bills and asked WTF? I told him call the Sarge. One of the guys saw who signed it and advised the LT not to call. But he was ok when I told him why in fact he was glad we got it out.

• Like 3

Hey!  Guess what

Today is the -

21st Day of the

21st Year of the

21st Century

Seriously... nothing can go wrong here!!

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

59 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Hey!  Guess what

Today is the -

21st Day of the

21st Year of the

21st Century

This explains everything Kenny... good gracious... what a day.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Shankster said:

This explains everything Kenny... good gracious... what a day.

I'm not sure how to react to that; could be good, could be bad.

However, since you used the Sad emoji, I'm assuming it's not good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hey!  Guess what
Today is the -
     21st Day of the
     21st Year of the
     21st Century

And here on the east coast we just passed 21:21:21 (24 hour time) of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Around 89 or so we loaded at Ft Drum in the dead of the winter going to Aberdeen MD.  Loaded a 6x6 on my low boy. Pulled it a little more forward than usual to get some weight on the drives. The Sargent there knew exactly what I was doing and why and he told the guys to pull the bumper off the 6x6 so I could scoot it a little more forward. Told the guys to throw it in the back of the 6x6 that those lazy arses at Aberdeen could put it back on. He also signed the bills with his name and rank and phone number. Told me if they gave me any sheite at Aberdeen about the bumper being removed to call him. One of the guys a Lt at Aberdeen saw the bills and asked WTF? I told him call the Sarge. One of the guys saw who signed it and advised the LT not to call. But he was ok when I told him why in fact he was glad we got it out.

Fort Drum in snow belt and no joke in winter. Snowmobile paradise.
Earliest I was at Drum was March. In 70’s heat/hot water was a coal stove. Thankfully we were from Northeast and know how that works.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Earliest I was at Drum was March. In 70’s heat/hot water was a coal stove. Thankfully we were from Northeast and know how that works.

Those old WW2 barracks with coal furnace and hot water heater!  That really was fire duty.  Our Annual Training was always last half of May, one year it was summer heat and black flies everywhere, the next was cold and so wet every hole dug filled up to 1 inch below the lip with overnight temps sub-freezing and ice accumulated on the tents.  Same place with completely different experiences.  But the ranges!!!  Was on Range Road one day stopped by a temporary barricade and watched Air Force A-10s tearing up targets with Vulcan Cannon.  Watching them those planes disappeared from sight until reacquired with the next burst of ammo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Wow. What a difference FIVE years makes....

6A604237-FE11-4005-973E-5B3EA8E19547.jpeg

Not surprising at all.

Rory is the only one playing relatively consistent golf
Jordan has swing issues as well as putting issues; reportedly talked with Butch Harmon
JD has history of injuries
Bubba is 42 and competing with the many rising young players is tough
Rickie is still Rickie, and it's likely mental now... unless he wins before the Masters, he's out!

• Like 6

So get this.... I normally have my drive in play and this was the case for the day. I hit a drive straight down the middle of the fairway on hole # 7. This not a course I normally play. Then I see a small beagle dog run out and pick up my ball and run back into the woods. I tee up another and the same dam thing happens. So I proceed to go out to where my ball would have been. I see the dog and a little further behind him is this man in chest waders carrying a sack of balls.

I proceed to tell him that his dog picked up my ball from the fairway and he shows me the sack and sure enough there are my two balls near the top with probably three dozen other balls. He said he was sorry and he trained his dog to fetch golf balls for him but he was still working on training him to only get balls from the woods. Fist thoughts were that was freaking genius.

So I said to him, what if my ball went just off the fairway into the woods and I went to look for it and now your dog took it. He said if it goes in the woods it is fair game. Finders keepers. So now I went from impressed to pissed in 10 seconds. So I didn't want to get into an altercation on a what if scenario with this older gentlemen.  I did get my balls back and since it was an outside agency acting on my ball  I didn't incur a penalty. So I just walked away knowing the Pro shop was two holes away.

At the turn I went into the Pro shop and told them what was going on during the course's open hours of play time. The reply was "oh that's just old Harry. He's harmless and collects lost balls and sells them in his yard on the 15th hole. Then I said he dog was taking them from the fairway while in play. Then the reply was well I guess that was just bad timing. Obviously I was not going to get anywhere with this guy. Must have been an old Harry fan!

So my back nine was not pretty. Not focused and pissed. Wanting to hit his house on 15 so I can tell him he shouldn't have built a house on a golf course. Not to mention looking out of the corner of my eye for that dam dog. (I am a dog guy, nothing against the dog) How many golfers were getting penalized for a lost ball that potentially wasn't. 

You just never know what you can run into on a Golf Course! No I didn't send a ball his way on 15. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not surprising at all.

Rory is the only one playing relatively consistent golf
Jordan has swing issues as well as putting issues; reportedly talked with Butch Harmon
JD has history of injuries
Bubba is 42 and competing with the many rising young players is tough
Rickie is still Rickie, and it's likely mental now... unless he wins before the Masters, he's out!

It should also be noted that 3 out of 5 got married within the past 5 years 😱 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

21 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I proceed to tell him that his dog picked up my ball from the fairway and he shows me the sack and sure enough there are my two balls near the top with probably three dozen other balls. 

This is a very good reason to put an identifiable mark on your golf balls even when just hitting them down the fairway playing solo.  Something I don't always remember to do...

• Like 3