Random Thread

Our Sponsors

39 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Had about the same thing happen at a course called Tega Kay ( John Smalls knows where it is at). A black lab came in the fairway and grabbed my ball and ran. It was a brand new Titleist Professional 90 ( yeah I know a LONG time back). When I went into the Pro Shop I mentioned it and the Pro told one of the guys give me a new Titleist and put it on such and such's bill. I said something about I bet the guy gets tired of that. Naah said the Pro and he called the guys name. Yep the guy who owned the dog owned several companies in the area and was a multi millionaire. The Pro said the guy was used to it and paid for up to 2 dozen balls a week.

Did the thought of telling him that the dog stole your golf bag ever come to mind? 

🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Posted Images

Got an appt for the COVID Vaccine for this Friday but have to drive an hour to get it. Then, yesterday afternoon I got a call from the VA to come I. This morning for the vaccine. So I went to the VA Hospital this morning and got the shot. Much closer, only 15 minute drive. Now I have to go online and cancel the first Appt.

Thank you VA!
Image1611147662.713182.thumb.jpg.b56ddaf009ee39b2d3452f5ff1b7ac5d.jpg

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve got an appointment to get mine on Tuesday....around here getting an appointment is almost like winning the lottery

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Making good progress on research and negotiations for the new pickup truck

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Making good progress on research and negotiations for the new pickup truck

What kind ya looking at?

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

34 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What kind ya looking at?

Ford Ranger Lariat, 2020 model that the dealerships are trying to clear out

• Like 6

Updated 12/27/2020

21 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I live in a small town always have and my truck isn't a normal truck it's pretty much built for my dogs lol. I can't haul crap without a trailer or removing hundreds of pounds of dog stuff from my truck.

For the first time in many years I do not own a truck. My old Dodge blew up in July 19. Well we had the mini van anyhow and it is sorta like a truck. I have all the back seats out of it and I put the heavy suspension on it from a wrecked wheelchair van. It has been a year now because I just renewed my tags I got my S-500 Benz. Now before anyone starts it is a nice car but is 20 years old now and sorta rusty. One of my scramble partners is a used car dealer and took it in on trade from one of his good fleet customers. It is high mileage for his sales. He gave me a smoking hot deal on it let me have it for what he had in it. Works good for me. Has a huge trunk and trust me I have the golf equipment in there. I think I have like 6 dozen boxes of new balls and like 3 sets of irons and assorted woods. Yeah you know the commercial about NOT becoming your parents. Well I detest this but in this case I am becoming like my old man. But yeah the rusty Benz fits my lifestyle for now. Besides if I need a truck per say I do have the Mini van which we nicknamed the Family Truckster

• Like 9

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic 

1724A450-BE0F-4CC4-8F7C-C59DA5ABE8AD.jpeg

9E3ACAF0-AA1D-4DE8-8640-02076532B6C2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
On 1/23/2021 at 7:53 AM, tommc23 said:

I live in a small town always have and my truck isn't a normal truck it's pretty much built for my dogs lol. I can't haul crap without a trailer or removing hundreds of pounds of dog stuff from my truck.

I used to have an 8' bed full size pickup that was my "shed" when I had an apartment, even carried a tow bar for the wife's Charger 2.2 so when we ended up somewhere together we could ride home together.  Pre-golfing life I can see how using for one purpose would be trouble for the bag and clubs.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, Lacassem said:

Lol yes a truck helps wirh any moving of anything larger than 3’ long. 
downside of truck and golf is it’s great for group trips where I am driving multiple people but just my bag stinks in the bed because they bounce around (need to get a bed divider I think. And the winter I like to keep them in the cab because they can’t be left in the cold! Cruel and unusual punishment IMO

In the winter of 1996 drove to Chicago with overnight temps at -4F when I left home to arrive at 8am, even the Coke in the cooler back there was frozen.  Hideous conditions for the tools of our obsession.  Truck became wrong vehicle when kids appeared (I know where they come from) so Astros and Caravans then SUVs made riding so comfortable and thank goodness after military vehicles on desert hard pan took away any desire to endure that kind of ride again. Ever.

Enter the world of "honey, we need 18 bags of mulch for the gardens" and those rain soaked dripping things have no place on SUV carpets and upholstery.  And with need to move a 17' canoe (car-topped on Astro an Envoy XL but too big for Equinox) a small trailer solved the "dad plan" (not a wife favorite).  Benefits of low lift for heavy bags and blocks and everything messy, the cartop carrier solves the "not in my vehicle" problem and keeps everything out of the weather and people's vision - including what to do with a muddy Clicgear +3.5 push cart when leaving the course.  Unconventional but I have never been main stream and doesn't get close on 1,200 max towing capacity with great ~30mpg fuel economy.

cargoboxlonghitch.jpg.2dca917d2675338aa541d30e8cb32483.jpg

The reason for the long tongue...  Getting canoe and all our gear up to camp.  Also makes backing easy.

canoeframe.jpg.78543939c4c31b75711ddb7de559fc09.jpg

I just rent a truck when I need to tow the 22 foot sailboat no longer having to settle for a mid-teens fuel economy 5,000lb capacity tow vehicle.

And unless it is absolutely impossible, my clubs always stay in the comfort of the SUV.  That said 2 cart bags will easily fit in that cargo carrier with push carts.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020: tested BirdiePutt PuttUp mat

6 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I used to have an 8' bed full size pickup that was my "shed" when I had an apartment, even carried a tow bar for the wife's Charger 2.2 so when we ended up somewhere together we could ride home together.  Pre-golfing life I can see how using for one purpose would be trouble for the bag and clubs.

In the winter of 1996 drove to Chicago with overnight temps at -4F when I left home to arrive at 8am, even the Coke in the cooler back there was frozen.  Hideous conditions for the tools of our obsession.  Truck became wrong vehicle when kids appeared (I know where they come from) so Astros and Caravans then SUVs made riding so comfortable and thank goodness after military vehicles on desert hard pan took away any desire to endure that kind of ride again. Ever.

Enter the world of "honey, we need 18 bags of mulch for the gardens" and those rain soaked dripping things have no place on SUV carpets and upholstery.  And with need to move a 17' canoe (car-topped on Astro an Envoy XL but too big for Equinox) a small trailer solved the "dad plan" (not a wife favorite).  Benefits of low lift for heavy bags and blocks and everything messy, the cartop carrier solves the "not in my vehicle" problem and keeps everything out of the weather and people's vision - including what to do with a muddy Clicgear +3.5 push cart when leaving the course.  Unconventional but I have never been main stream and doesn't get close on 1,200 max towing capacity with great ~30mpg fuel economy.

cargoboxlonghitch.jpg.2dca917d2675338aa541d30e8cb32483.jpg

The reason for the long tongue...  Getting canoe and all our gear up to camp.  Also makes backing easy.

canoeframe.jpg.78543939c4c31b75711ddb7de559fc09.jpg

I just rent a truck when I need to tow the 22 foot sailboat no longer having to settle for a mid-teens fuel economy 5,000lb capacity tow vehicle.

And unless it is absolutely impossible, my clubs always stay in the comfort of the SUV.  That said 2 cart bags will easily fit in that cargo carrier with push carts.

I’ll probably never go away from a truck. Super handy at work, around the house and there are a lot of add ons for my clubs in the bed I just need to buy it lol. Kids won’t be back there forever lol. I try to plan my days of range or sim during the winter so I plan to toss them in the morning.....no more just leaving them in the trunk 

• Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

23 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Ok, now he’s really screwing with me. 

18DA442E-9D84-4D4B-9E04-EC05C9DD0292.jpeg

FTR...  his "friend"...  yeah it's me.  I'm the friend.  And that was the most glorious gift in the history of gifts!  

The ONLY downside was Bryson didn't sign it "Hulk Smash".  Oh well...  time to start planning the next one.  

Edited by ga_pike
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
  • 3 wood:  Cobra F9
  • 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 4 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • 5 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • Irons 6 - AW: Callaway CB 2021
  • SW 52* Smithworks
  • LW 58*: Vokey SM8
  • Putter:  Big Oak Havana

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.4175175ebb32dd988a5576bd7e01b5d5.gif

Too dark outside, will take pics tomorrow.

• Like 6

Updated 12/27/2020

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Too dark outside, will take pics tomorrow.

In the meantime...I'm with Chip Strokes....

spongebob1.jpg.aec0b0b0b5f6f2cfe582ef32ca32e8a4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

IMG_0779.JPG.5a3737f0f061ed4890c927dfc715c513.JPG

Champs Bay! Champa Bay!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Now that’s funny!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Bought my pickup truck today, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Black with the bells and whistles.

NSFW...  but first thing that come to mind.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
  • 3 wood:  Cobra F9
  • 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 4 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • 5 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • Irons 6 - AW: Callaway CB 2021
  • SW 52* Smithworks
  • LW 58*: Vokey SM8
  • Putter:  Big Oak Havana

Hail Southern and no place else!!