Random Thread

ole gray

On 1/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So get this.... I normally have my drive in play and this was the case for the day. I hit a drive straight down the middle of the fairway on hole # 7. This not a course I normally play. Then I see a small beagle dog run out and pick up my ball and run back into the woods. I tee up another and the same dam thing happens. So I proceed to go out to where my ball would have been. I see the dog and a little further behind him is this man in chest waders carrying a sack of balls.

I proceed to tell him that his dog picked up my ball from the fairway and he shows me the sack and sure enough there are my two balls near the top with probably three dozen other balls. He said he was sorry and he trained his dog to fetch golf balls for him but he was still working on training him to only get balls from the woods. Fist thoughts were that was freaking genius.

So I said to him, what if my ball went just off the fairway into the woods and I went to look for it and now your dog took it. He said if it goes in the woods it is fair game. Finders keepers. So now I went from impressed to pissed in 10 seconds. So I didn't want to get into an altercation on a what if scenario with this older gentlemen.  I did get my balls back and since it was an outside agency acting on my ball  I didn't incur a penalty. So I just walked away knowing the Pro shop was two holes away.

At the turn I went into the Pro shop and told them what was going on during the course's open hours of play time. The reply was "oh that's just old Harry. He's harmless and collects lost balls and sells them in his yard on the 15th hole. Then I said he dog was taking them from the fairway while in play. Then the reply was well I guess that was just bad timing. Obviously I was not going to get anywhere with this guy. Must have been an old Harry fan!

So my back nine was not pretty. Not focused and pissed. Wanting to hit his house on 15 so I can tell him he shouldn't have built a house on a golf course. Not to mention looking out of the corner of my eye for that dam dog. (I am a dog guy, nothing against the dog) How many golfers were getting penalized for a lost ball that potentially wasn't. 

You just never know what you can run into on a Golf Course! No I didn't send a ball his way on 15. 

There used to be a do that lived off the 11th green at a course i play in E. Wash quite a bit. the dog would grab the ball and run back by his house, and lay down.. All you had to do was walk up to him and he'd let you grab you ball, he thought of it as a game to get attention.. never take it so you could not find it just off the green to where he would lay down... the owner let a bucket on a post just on his property with a sign about the dog..

"If my dog took your ball feel free to replace it, also local rule is to place it as close to original spot as possible.. P.S. dog love to be petted..".. 

you could always find proV's in the bucket, the owner would pick up more from the pro shop as the bucket got low.. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Having the ability to see where the UPS driver is can be both exciting and frustrating. O get home from work and they're less than a mile from the house. I keep watching and now they're four miles away going in the complete opposite direction after making stops at both convenience stores down the road. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's funny, the same thing happened to me while waiting for the JB wedge from Sub-70. I watched the truck on the map go past the turn to my house three times. I was excited because it would have been at the house early enough before my wife left for work. He was in my area at 10:30. My wife was going into work at 1:00. The truck shows up at exactly 1:00. I tried going through the garage to quicken the exchange. But my wife went out the back door at the same time.   BUSTED...… Any time before 12:45 or after 1:15 I would have been in the clear. All I heard was "don't even tell me it was on sale and too good to pass up" My reply was "have a nice day at work dear" as I skulk my way back to the house. 

She’s not Numb to it yet lol? My wife just shakes her head, no words needed anymore 🤟

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's funny, the same thing happened to me while waiting for the JB wedge from Sub-70. I watched the truck on the map go past the turn to my house three times. I was excited because it would have been at the house early enough before my wife left for work. He was in my area at 10:30. My wife was going into work at 1:00. The truck shows up at exactly 1:00. I tried going through the garage to quicken the exchange. But my wife went out the back door at the same time.   BUSTED...… Any time before 12:45 or after 1:15 I would have been in the clear. All I heard was "don't even tell me it was on sale and too good to pass up" My reply was "have a nice day at work dear" as I skulk my way back to the house. 

I hope you know I died laughing at that. That's pretty lousy timing on the UPS drivers part. Don't they know not to show up with golf goodies when the wife's around? 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I hope you know I died laughing at that. That's pretty lousy timing on the UPS drivers part. Don't they know not to show up with golf goodies when the wife's around? 😂

I got back at him though... He was in the back of the truck getting the box and I said I guess you got a present for me. But he didn't hear me he had his ear buds in and in the groove. He turned around and I was right there. He jumped so high he almost hit the roof of the truck. Braced himself and said I scared the living sh#t out of him. I told him I called out to him and then told him he should never arrive when my wife was leaving. He should have known better with a box shaped like that. We both laughed. But that didn't last long that's when I turned around to the wife standing there.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Tom the Golf Nut I forgot to ask, how are you liking the JB wedge? They're great looking clubs and will definitely look good in the bag with the 699 Pros.

The weather has been terrible and I had a sprained big toe. Now I'm ready to hit it and it's going to snow tonight and crappy until Saturday. Saturday it will be 52 and cloudy. Hopefully I can give it a go then. 

• Like 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

I am freshly vaccinated as of yesterday...no side effects at all, not even a sore arm.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Haven’t been on in a few days because I got a new phone. Still fighting with moving my stuff from Android to apple. Been having trouble with that and trying to get that figured out I hate technology 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Haven’t been on in a few days because I got a new phone. Still fighting with moving my stuff from Android to apple. Been having trouble with that and trying to get that figured out I hate technology 

A year ago I did the same move but in the opposite direction from Apple to Android.  I don't know which one is better but I had the Apple because my wife has them and I have never been able to properly understand Apple logic.  I have Android because I wanted to get away from the Apple logic and the Android phone was 1/3 the cost of the Apple replacement for what needed replacing.  You have my complete understanding and best wishes for success. 🥃🥃 (two are recommended)

• Like 6

Verified Hack, 30 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27, Ginty Trouble Club

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳      🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

76B3AB7A-C392-4A8B-B7F2-DED90D0607F9.jpeg.cf7b64b2ca97ee287ed58680ea842884.jpeg

I absolutely love the look of the new Ranger, definitely looks like a tougher truck than the previous models. Thank you for posting that, I've been dying to see what yours looked like. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I absolutely love the look of the new Ranger, definitely looks like a tougher truck than the previous models. Thank you for posting that, I've been dying to see what yours looked like. 

First time I've bought an American car and first pickup truck for me as well. So still learning more about the truck and things I can waste money on buying for it lol.

Might buy the performance tune kit from Ford Performance, adds a good amount of HP and Torque.

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

First time I've bought an American car and first pickup truck for me as well. So still learning more about the truck and things I can waste money on buying for it lol.

Might buy the performance tune kit from Ford Performance, adds a good amount of HP and Torque.

Great looking truck. You may want to make certain that getting the Ford Performance Tune Kit will not void any part of the vehicle warranty. Most of the OEM's today have at least 60,000 mile warranty on the powertrain system components, and those usually are the high dollar repairs.

Best of luck with it and making it truly yours by doing any personalized modifications if you choose to go that route.

• Like 6

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phanthom 5.5

Ball: Pro V1

17 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Great looking truck. You may want to make certain that getting the Ford Performance Tune Kit will not void any part of the vehicle warranty. Most of the OEM's today have at least 60,000 mile warranty on the powertrain system components, and those usually are the high dollar repairs.

Best of luck with it and making it truly yours by doing any personalized modifications if you choose to go that route.

Yep, already check on the Ford performance tune. It does not void the warranty as long as its installed by a Ford dealer or an ASE certified mechanic. Although I could easily do the tune installation myself, i will pay for the installation to keep the warranty intact.

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

I should hopefully be taking delivery of my new truck in about a month. First truck since my 1992 F150 that I had in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Metal X 7 48"

12 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I should hopefully be taking delivery of my new truck in about a month. First truck since my 1992 F150 that I had in high school.

Bronco?

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Bronco?

Ram Rebel 1500 night edition. Waiting for it to hit the lot from shipping. The first year Bronco will be too much of a premium over sticker for my taste.

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Metal X 7 48"