Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Had to turn my heat on today. Mid 40’s and pouring down rain and my house was 58 when I got home from a quick overtime shift. It’s cold but I was in the rain all day maybe that’s why I had to turn it on. I wanted to golf today but pouring down rain in the 40’s is pushing it even for a fat kid like me.

Whaaaat??!?!?!!!!   I had you up on a pedestal, a Nov 1 holdout like I would love to be......

and you only held out 8 hours longer than me from turning on the furnace?!?!  😩

😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

23 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Whaaaat??!?!?!!!!   I had you up on a pedestal, a Nov 1 holdout like I would love to be......

and you only held out 8 hours longer than me from turning on the furnace?!?!  😩

😆

It’s set to a whopping 60 degrees just so it’s not in the 50’s in my house. I’ll be in Maine for November 1 so my house will be set to 58 since I won’t be home

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It’s set to a whopping 60 degrees just so it’s not in the 50’s in my house. I’ll be in Maine for November 1 so my house will be set to 58 since I won’t be home

I got the house up to 68 (ok just the kitchen and dining room) by leaving the stove open after cooking this evening…..that counts for something right?!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I got the house up to 68 (ok just the kitchen and dining room) by leaving the stove open after cooking this evening…..that counts for something right?!

People in the city I work heat their houses with their gas stoves, job security 

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

People in the city I work heat their houses with their gas stoves, job security 

A friend of mines parents used to do that…..even at 10 I knew that was a bad idea

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

A friend of mines parents used to do that…..even at 10 I knew that was a bad idea

I’m probably as old as your Buddy’s parents and remember that well.  
When I was growing up heat was coal fired furnace, this was every house.  When oil fired furnaces came in it was a freakin luxury!   
It was cool being a kid watching the coal delivery to the house basement!  We lived about 1 mile from the coal tower where the train delivered the coal.  
Parents/Grandparents need to pass on their experiences better.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

When I was growing up heat was coal fired furnace, this was every house.  When oil fired furnaces came in it was a freakin luxury!   
It was cool being a kid watching the coal delivery to the house basement!  We lived about 1 mile from the coal tower where the train delivered the coal.  

They are about 60 now. They had steam radiators, they literally just didn’t want to pay for the oil and thought this would be cheaper but in reality it’s not. Better to maintain a temp throughout the house than crank the stove.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

They are about 60 now. They had steam radiators, they literally just didn’t want to pay for the oil and thought this would be cheaper but in reality it’s not. Better to maintain a temp throughout the house than crank the stove.

See the people in the city do it because they spend their money on drugs or alcohol not just because they are cheap. Addicts only ever have that one thing on their mind

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

See the people in the city do it because they spend their money on drugs or alcohol not just because they are cheap. Addicts only ever have that one thing on their mind

Oh Jease yea, they aren’t heating they are just passing out….whoops forgot the stove was on

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

OOPS, maybe your  buddy grandparent….

Rick

Left Hand, 

We just bought a new house...on a golf course. This is a little weird, because it's one of my least liked courses in the area! (Pebble Creek, Cincinnati, above the 15th green) However, it's otherwise a great fit for us: major downsize (house and lot), one level living, right area (only a mile from our current place, and we love the area), friends right across the street, good price (we expect to net out a small profit after we sell our current house), and we got a great mortgage rate (4.45%). We will be doing some remodeling to suit our tastes, and that will more than take any net profit we make after the two closings.

Perhaps the most remarkable thing is that we made our offer without my wife ever being in the house. She's on an extended trip to help her mother move. This house came up, and at the open house Saturday I walked through with my phone on video moving it around to her orders. She thoroughly quizzed the agent, and was pleased with the answers. We knew there was no way the house would not sell before she came home (10th), and she made the decision to make an offer. I am quite stunned that she felt comfortable enough to do this, and I pray that she doesn't have any regrets once she actually sees it.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Nothing feels better or warms quicker than coming in from outside work on a cold Feb day and standing in front of a 650* coal stoker that is cranking out 100,000 btu's!  

image.jpeg.898856d23c38a6520fe20134f72039e0.jpeg

My grandparents house had the basement coal bin that was filled thru the front window.  It was a little dusty down there though.  They used the larger 'nut' or 'stove' size coal that had to be shoveled.  Since we use smaller chips of 'rice' coal I came up with a fix for the dust issue by having an outside coal bin and using my shop vac to move the coal through a 2" pipe to an inside barrel over the coal hopper.  It works like a solids separator on a dust collector so no coal dust in the basement!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Nothing feels better or warms quicker than coming in from outside work on a cold Feb day and standing in front of a 650* coal stoker that is cranking out 100,000 btu's!  

My grandparents house had the basement coal bin that was filled thru the front window.  It was a little dusty down there though.  They used the larger 'nut' or 'stove' size coal that had to be shoveled.  Since we use smaller chips of 'rice' coal I came up with a fix for the dust issue by having an outside coal bin and using my shop vac to move the coal through a 2" pipe to an inside barrel over the coal hopper.  It works like a solids separator on a dust collector so no coal dust in the basement!  

Every house in my area has coal bins in them

On 10/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, Lacassem said:

Oil heat is the worst.

It's the second worst. When I was a kid I had to shovel coal into the furnace. I was happy when we switched to oil heat.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Yup, I remember the coal bins, the fire and coal delivery which all neighborhood kids loved to watch.  
My Dad and my uncle dug out the basement (it was dirt) had concrete floor pored and then converted to oil furnace.  I’m figuring 1950-1952.  My cousins and me obviously helped 😱.  
Different age and time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

My Dad and my uncle dug out the basement (it was dirt) had concrete floor pored and then converted to oil furnace.  I’m figuring 1950-1952.  My cousins and me obviously helped 😱.  
Different age and time.

One of the houses we moved in to when I was a kid had a coal bin .. and yeah a lotta black dust! .. in the basement, but someone else previously had put in an oil-fired central furnace. And presumably the concrete floor, too!

The walls in that room were still that older rough stone mix, though, and would crumble if you rubbed it .. so my Dad and I covered the inside with ThoroSeal, I think it was called, to well seal from outside moisture seepage and form a "skin" to hold the stone mix in place. Fun times 🤪

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

As someone who struggles with the mental part of the game, it really amazes me how during practice that part of my brain kicks off. I was chipping at the course today and was totally relaxed, getting creative, and just having fun. I was making some good shots, too. They weren't all perfect, but that didn't matter since all but two were still on the green. 

I've got to figure a way to get into that mindset on the course, maybe come up with some mini games to try. 

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

As someone who struggles with the mental part of the game, it really amazes me how during practice that part of my brain kicks off. I was chipping at the course today and was totally relaxed, getting creative, and just having fun. I was making some good shots, too. They weren't all perfect, but that didn't matter since all but two were still on the green. 

I've got to figure a way to get into that mindset on the course, maybe come up with some mini games to try. 

I have the most fun on days when I practice when I am working on my short game. I love to try new things, but also like to see how good I can get at the staples of my game.  More practice = more confidence and it will eventually work into your game on the course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have the most fun on days when I practice when I am working on my short game. I love to try new things, but also like to see how good I can get at the staples of my game.  More practice = more confidence and it will eventually work into your game on the course.

Short game practice is probably my favorite form of practice. Today I was working on stock shots and experimenting on things I can and cannot do. I was hitting out of thick rough, over a bunker to a tight pin, flops, etc...

Not having the pressure to score really lets one just open up and have fun. 

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Short game practice is probably my favorite form of practice. Today I was working on stock shots and experimenting on things I can and cannot do. I was hitting out of thick rough, over a bunker to a tight pin, flops, etc...

LOL!  I always spend time hitting out of thick rough over our practice bunker.  I've actually gotten pretty good with it; not good when I started doing it.

Coming into the ball from the inside on a pitch shot is a great way to practice full-swing shots; it's just a mini full-swing shot, and it's easier to sync-up the arms and body movements.  I started with my sand wedge, then moved up to my PW, then 9i...  as I improved.  If I started putting poor swings on a club, then I dropped back a club.  Once, I even went back to square one!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

LOL!  I always spend time hitting out of thick rough over our practice bunker.  I've actually gotten pretty good with it; not good when I started doing it.

Coming into the ball from the inside on a pitch shot is a great way to practice full-swing shots; it's just a mini full-swing shot, and it's easier to sync-up the arms and body movements.  I started with my sand wedge, then moved up to my PW, then 9i...  as I improved.  If I started putting poor swings on a club, then I dropped back a club.  Once, I even went back to square one!!  🤣

One of the shots I didn't hit well was one of those where I was buried in grass. I attempted to hit a steep shot while stabbing at the ball and it ended up in the bunker. I wish they would care for the practice bunkers better because they were trashed and there's no rake near them. (Now that I'm thinking about it, why didn't I just go grab the one on 9 and give it a smoothing?) I hit the shot out, but over the green. 

I need to try some pitch shots with 8&9 irons. I'll go all the way up to PW, but haven't ventured further up in the bag. I really like throwing shots to 50 yards with the set GW, it's become one of my favorite clubs for near and around the green. 

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

They weren't all perfect, but that didn't matter since all but two were still on the green. 

..and...

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sir Dude - those seemingly simple observations that you made right there are the key, IMHO, to the essence of the "mental game"!!

.. When we are in practice mode and so take the *performance pressure* off of ourselves .. and as a result we are way less tense and way more relaxed .. then we can become one with the ball nahnahnahnah... 😄

Ha but really one thing I'm trying to do while playing (and I have been practicing more than playing recently, and my practice is typically predominantly short game = wedges + putting) is to remind myself to put my attention on the process of executing the shot at hand .. and NOT on the result of that shot...

...as an aside that very thing, "process", held me back from making progress in golf - partly due to my work life in the investment industry where the only thing anyone gives a s#*! about are results 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

..and...

Sir Dude - those seemingly simple observations that you made right there are the key, IMHO, to the essence of the "mental game"!!

.. When we are in practice mode and so take the *performance pressure* off of ourselves .. and as a result we are way less tense and way more relaxed .. then we can become one with the ball nahnahnahnah... 😄

Ha but really one thing I'm trying to do while playing (and I have been practicing more than playing recently, and my practice is typically predominantly short game = wedges + putting) is to remind myself to put my attention on the process of executing the shot at hand .. and NOT on the result of that shot...

...as an aside that very thing, "process", held me back from making progress in golf - partly due to my work life in the investment industry where the only thing anyone gives a s#*! about are results 🤷‍♂️

You hit the nail on the head there, I think sometimes we get all caught up in the results because we're wired to work that way and forget about the process. That's the bad thing about a results driven world, we forget to have fun while we're doing something that's meant to be fun. 

Sometimes I really miss the childlike wonder we had when we were younger. There was no fear hitting a shot, it was all about having fun and seeing if we could pull off certain things. I pulled off things when I started the game at 18 that I couldn't now that I'm better educated at the game. 

On 10/5/2022 at 8:53 AM, hohjoe said:

It's the second worst. When I was a kid I had to shovel coal into the furnace. I was happy when we switched to oil heat.

I remember the first house I grew up in had coal fired furnace. The heat just radiated up through the big floor grates. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I remember the first house I grew up in had coal fired furnace. The heat just radiated up through the big floor grates. 

We weren't in coal country when I grew up; lumber mills all over the place.  I grew up in a house that had a wood cooking stove in the kitchen that heated the entire house.  We would get a truckload of "planer ends" from the mill; my job was to stack them in the shed and split some into kindling.  I remember that it got mighty cold by morning when the fire went out in the middle of the night!!!

It has been actually forever since I have gone to a concert or show. However that is about to change! During some browsing for my wifes birthday gift I found out one of my all time favourite bands will be here in Zurich in November with another band I really enjoy. So I decide why the hell not and bought tickets to Shinedown. Accompanying them will be Asking Alexandria and Zero 9:30 (last band I had never head of before, but he isn't bad). Really excited to go see them live as again I haven't really done this type of thing for probably 10 years and the ticket prices were more than reasonable. 

Oh and for those interested in my wife got front row Backstreet Boys tickets and was over the moon haha....

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Being off forums for most of the last 3 days and then catching up last night and this morning. 

I’m sure I may be a lone wolf in this statement and I’m good with that. Forums just aren’t exciting anymore and there were 3-4 threads here that I even cared to open up. One thread had several ignored posts and I ended up skimming that thread because of the quoted posts I could see.

Time on golf forums for me is about to be down significantly 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It has been actually forever since I have gone to a concert or show. However that is about to change! During some browsing for my wifes birthday gift I found out one of my all time favourite bands will be here in Zurich in November with another band I really enjoy. So I decide why the hell not and bought tickets to Shinedown. Accompanying them will be Asking Alexandria and Zero 9:30 (last band I had never head of before, but he isn't bad). Really excited to go see them live as again I haven't really done this type of thing for probably 10 years and the ticket prices were more than reasonable. 

Oh and for those interested in my wife got front row Backstreet Boys tickets and was over the moon haha....

That sounds like a good time. I saw Shinedown when they opened for 3 Doors Down years ago and thought they did good.

10 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Minor update:  my daughter's prognosis is starting to look more positive...the cardiologist has come back and said he does NOT feel surgery is necessary.

Something is still amiss in that she's excessively fatigued and short of breath of late, and we're waiting a few more weeks for more tests and more results, but to hear that open-heart surgery is likely not necessary is a HUGE relief.

Needless to say, as high as the stress has been I haven't felt inclined to touch a club, or participate much here...apologies.  I'll do my best to remedy that in the coming days and weeks.  

Hayes family is more important than the forum