Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

Well... Got lucky recently and won a little giveaway.

Posted Images

Got my new GoPro today and had to brush up on the editing skills a bit before breaking it out for golf-related things. Safe to say I majorly annoyed the dog this afternoon:
Going to take a bit of practice with the frame rates and resolution on the GoPro before things get real polished. It's been well over a decade since I've done any video editing outside of iMovie and I'm pretty rusty (using HitFilm Express at the moment).

That’s one chill pup. My dogs would not stay still for that haha
  • Like 7

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

This Hack's rules for retrieving golf balls (#5 is the most important): 

1.  Ball retriever must reside under a clubhead cover in the golf bag to masquerade as a long handle club.  Once used it immediately goes back to lurking under the cover, mischief managed.

2.  Primary use is to keep using the same ball just hit, unless rule 3 comes into play (yes an oxymoron).

3.  When zero people are following behind and the retriever is already in use, fishing for easy ones is permissible.  But be ready to resume play so those following will not have to slow their play (expecting to step aside to let them play through with the fool retriever put away), refocus and play golf.

4.  No ball outside of "bend and reach distance" must be retrieved.

5.  Most importantly, if there's any chance of being seen as "that guy" DON'T DO IT, it's not worth it, just carry on.

If you don't want to be known as 'that guy', get a Bag Boy Cart Bag . They have a special sleeve inside a zippered pocket for your ball retriever. 

IMG_7946.JPG.d965a9b3c405fa1f2f5029de8bf12887.JPG

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

If you don't want to be known as 'that guy', get a Bag Boy Cart Bag . They have a special sleeve inside a zippered pocket for your ball retriever. 

Have that in my Bag Boy Chiller cart bag too. And like yours it is empty!

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That's a cool feature!  Here's my hide in plain sight...

4 (2).jpg

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Have that in my Bag Boy Chiller cart bag too. And like yours it is empty!

🤣🤣 Correct. My league partner is the opposite - he has ne of those 16' retrievers and brags about how he's never bought a golf ball.  

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

At my club there are a lot of lazy golfers. Hit a ball off line and just leave it. Our grounds crew goes out around 5 am. When they rake the bunkers, mow the greens, rough or fairway, they toss any found balls into the fairway. I'm the first one off on Sunday morning. I pick up the balls and toss them into the basket on the cart. When i finish playing I'll sort them. Someone's name on it goes into the pro shop on the counter. Good high end ball no name in my bag, the rest into the range ball container. I get about 6 to 8 when I play and keep about 2 to 3. Sunday after a Saturday tournment is like hitting the lottery. Amazing how many ProV1' s I find. 

Plus I still have between 10 to 12 dozen new balls that I won or was given of all different makes and models. I too haven't purchased balls in quite some time. Not because I'm a hunter though. 

• Like 9

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Article on Golf.com this morning concerning a Bryson speed training session.  Apparently he hit 216 mph ball speed and immediately set a goal of 220. INSANE!

What it's like inside a Bryson DeChambeau speed training session (golf.com)

Article reminds me of Lattimer in The Program...

image.jpeg.e70adee9619cdb327ee2079331c5303f.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Article on Golf.com this morning concerning a Bryson speed training session.  Apparently he hit 216 mph ball speed and immediately set a goal of 220. INSANE!
What it's like inside a Bryson DeChambeau speed training session (golf.com)
Article reminds me of Lattimer in The Program...
image.jpeg.e70adee9619cdb327ee2079331c5303f.jpeg

I was bored one night and watched the livestream of one of the sessions with Kyle Berkshire. While equipment is getting better, watching this shows that distance/speed is a learned skill. How far can the human body go, how fast can we swing, how fast can we run, etc. slow the ball coming off the face, I’ll just learn to swing faster!

Bryson is the first and I believe he is still learning and hasn’t reached a stable point to allow him to play consistently good golf. We see lower lows but the ceiling hasn’t come down enough. Once it does it will force other players to adopt the strategy.
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

767 mph for a ball to fly at the speed of sound.  He's almost a third of the way there so unless FORE is called early enough a bystander might get hit before hearing it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was bored one night and watched the livestream of one of the sessions with Kyle Berkshire. While equipment is getting better, watching this shows that distance/speed is a learned skill. How far can the human body go, how fast can we swing, how fast can we run, etc. slow the ball coming off the face, I’ll just learn to swing faster!

Bryson is the first and I believe he is still learning and hasn’t reached a stable point to allow him to play consistently good golf. We see lower lows but the ceiling hasn’t come down enough. Once it does it will force other players to adopt the strategy.

Your comment that Bryson is the first is the intriguing part.  Like the analogy of the 4-minute mile, I think it's absolutely accurate to suggest that the flood gates will open to more bulked-up speed-freak type players like this, UNLESS he gets injured or shows an inability to keep it in play and score...two things that critics have said are bound to happen but are probably based more on old-school thinking than actual data or science.

Do I like that this is a possibility?  Not necessarily, but it's certainly going to be fascinating to watch it all unfold.

• Like 4

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

I forgot how to golf... grabbed my 58° yesterday to get a few 25-75 yard shots in. It was like trying to do calculus... I don’t know how to do calculus.  Going to be an interesting year if this is how it goes, my handicap might take off like Maverick off an aircraft carrier... 😳

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I forgot how to golf... grabbed my 58° yesterday to get a few 25-75 yard shots in. It was like trying to do calculus... I don’t know how to do calculus.  Going to be an interesting year if this is how it goes, my handicap might take off like Maverick off an aircraft carrier... 😳

its winter, we have faith in you

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 3/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, Lacassem said:

Thank you. I’ll look into the stop loss, it’s with Morgan Stanley so we’ll see. Ideally I would like to buy out now and buy back if it drops down again. Thanks for the jnfo

It's interesting this topic came up as a couple of my stocks hit the stop loss level and sold yesterday.  Now I have to figure out what might be a good investment and when to move that money back into the market.  

• Like 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Dang.... 

Florida man drowns while searching for lost golf ball, authorities say

Updated Mar 01, 3:02 AM; Posted Mar 01, 3:02 AM       By Cliff Pinckard, cleveland.com
OLDSMAR, Florida — A 74-year-old man was found dead in a pond on a golf course Sunday and authorities believe he likely fell in while searching for a lost ball.
The body of Hermilo Jazmines was found by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office dive team at the East Lake Woodlands Country Club, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.
Jazmines was golfing with a friend Sunday morning when he hit his ball in the water on the course’s third hole, the news release says. He was last seen looking for his ball near the water.   Authorities say Jazmines went missing, although his cart was still parked on a path and his putter was found near the edge of the pond. The dive team found Jazmines in the water not far from the putter, the release says.   Friends of Jazmines told deputies that he liked to look for lost balls while golfing. Authorities say the evidence shows Jazmines might have fallen into the water and drowned.   And autopsy is planned but authorities do not suspect foul play.

That’s only 30 minutes from my home.......read about it yesterday. Very sad. I am 70 and look for Golfballs when I play....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

52 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That's why golf is a four letter word. somedays it's like **** and other days it's fun. Either way it's still better than that other four letter word = work.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

5 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

That’s only 30 minutes from my home.......read about it yesterday. Very sad. I am 70 and look for Golfballs when I play....

The unspoken variable here is what happened to his partner and was it the partner noticed him in difficulty and went for help...  I sometimes golf alone and enjoy the solitude, some thoughts about that:

I have stepped on the occasional grassy bank that turned unexpectedly and perilously slippery.  Experience taught me to test downslopes (towards water especially) first before committing to the footstep.  One more burned in the brain military thing when every footstep matters when moving to an objective.  Vigilance is the only answer to this one and a healthy dose of self preservation when looking at those golf ball sirens luring unwary Golfer towards what could be a watery grave...  

Keeping that in mind I think you will be just fine.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's interesting this topic came up as a couple of my stocks hit the stop loss level and sold yesterday.  Now I have to figure out what might be a good investment and when to move that money back into the market.  

For me this was my company stock plan. Made a lot of purchases at the beginning of covid and had a pretty damn good return as the stock hit high. It’s not my retirement fund so I wasn’t to worried about taking it out. Will do a few things around the house and maybe reinvest later.....

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

its winter, we have faith in you

Glad someone does.  I felt like a first timer.  To be fair, I haven’t picked up a club since early January for more than one swing...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shankster said:

2020 was disastrous for my short club game, I could hit a 7i but the 9i was useless, worse than useless actually and made a good gardening implement TBH.  I tried an 8i that is still in the bag and could loft the ball over water (thank goodness) but trying the 9i again after using the 8i, disaster.  Haven't put it back in my bag.  I can however use the hybrid 55* wedge but not the 59*  🤔

You'll get it 👍

• Like 2