Random Thread

Been sort of, kind of thinking about picking up guitar playing...again. Played quite a bit during college but with graduation, marriage, new job, etc., the Takamine 12 string found a place under the spare bedroom bed and rarely saw daylight. 30 years later, we were so overwhelmed with retirement, selling the house, moving to Montana that, I just opted to sell it, along with lots and lots of stuff (absolutely amazing what 2 people collect).  I did keep my Eagles, Doobie Brothers, and a few other songbooks however.

Living rural, lessons are not likely too convenient but, with all the on-line stuff, I'm thinking that might be an option.  Not sure about a 12 string (hard as hell on the finger pads).  To those who play and those beginning (first time or do-over), what recommendations do you have?

• Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

home sweet (new) home. made sure to get my clubs off the truck and into the basement so they weren’t cold for another night. priorities are definitely in order, haha.   

Posted Images

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Been sort of, kind of thinking about picking up guitar playing...again. Played quite a bit during college but with graduation, marriage, new job, etc., the Takamine 12 string found a place under the spare bedroom bed and rarely saw daylight. 30 years later, we were so overwhelmed with retirement, selling the house, moving to Montana that, I just opted to sell it, along with lots and lots of stuff (absolutely amazing what 2 people collect).  I did keep my Eagles, Doobie Brothers, and a few other songbooks however.

Living rural, lessons are not likely too convenient but, with all the on-line stuff, I'm thinking that might be an option.  Not sure about a 12 string (hard as hell on the finger pads).  To those who play and those beginning (first time or do-over), what recommendations do you have?

Saxophone player here, was escape/refuge of sorts through school from 4th grade through graduate work, everything from concert bands to Jazz band, pep band, pit orchestra, parades, and in later years dance/swing band with a community group of mostly retired guys (I as "the kid").  In the last 30 years it has been occasionally helping out with school musical pit bands and recently a family band playing open mic nights (in hiatus currently) playing standards from '50s to '70s.

To quote the swoosh brand, just do it and the fingers will remember.  Listen and play along when you can, practice chords and transitions, and when you can play for someone to move your focus off your fingers so they can do their part without you always getting in their way.  No different on my instrument. 🎷🎸

• Like 4

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

Why not!! Give it a shot, sounds like you’ll have fun with it again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Also a way to keep the mind/brain active.  

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

we could all use a little luck sometimes... even if we don't get paid to play.

• Like 3

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Also a way to keep the mind/brain active.  

I have a wife and a yellow lab... need I expound? 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

According to this, it’s a good thing I’m going to the simulator on Saturday. 

06184043-F9D9-443F-9568-7456592CDE36.jpeg.549057e03658014b2ba0939ddd6640a3.jpeg

also, I need a nap. 

I need more golf, just wish I could play. [emoji26]
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

so TM replaced my cracked Sim with a brand new Sim2

since Sim2 is a little higher spinning than Sim, and the new Cobra Rad Speed is the lowest spinning of all three...

ive got an appointment with my coach saturday morning to hit Sim2 head to head against Cobra Rad Speed for a spot in the bag 

• Like 5

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

According to this, it’s a good thing I’m going to the simulator on Saturday. 

06184043-F9D9-443F-9568-7456592CDE36.jpeg.549057e03658014b2ba0939ddd6640a3.jpeg

also, I need a nap. 

Yea !!! More golf[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Game night. Hopefully I don’t get whooped to bad.

BFB0C70A-B60F-4E42-9935-46947BD3C78B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

030307DF-8A59-4342-B117-EE2B348269EB.jpeg

image.gif.708779eea439b97037429c38daf9d9b8.gif

each head was tested with a LAGP Trono 75TX to make sure any differences were from the heads only. after about a dozen drives with each club, the clear winner is....

FD953AEF-34CA-4325-AD5E-01DF6BF2D5B2.jpeg.35e87de497d3595ae9712b138b5027b1.jpeg

there wasn’t too much difference in terms of ball speed or distance, but the Sim came out in a much better launch window with slightly better spin numbers. 

time to update my signature and see how it does on the course the next two days 

How’s the blue and red? I struggled with the blue on the rad.....can’t wait to see the brawl!

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 3/16/2021 at 10:38 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Do it.  I’m actually contemplating buying a Yamaha Storia, moderately priced and comes with some good technology in a smidge of a smaller body.

link: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/ac_guitars/storia/index.html

• Like 3

Work has been way too hectic this year - I barely have time to browse this joint much during the day. That's it. That's the random thought for the day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Work has been way too hectic this year - I barely have time to browse this joint much during the day. That's it. That's the random thought for the day.

Booo!

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Very understandable, no mattter how may may disagree....................... 

those who actually are going into work facilities seem to have much more to do than those "not" working from home 🤫

• Like 4

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I feel you on that one. We just did a survey today as to what we'd prefer for a shift model the rest of the year.

1. Work six days every other week.

2. Work five days out of six with a floating off day which has us working five of six Saturdays. 

Personally, I went with option 2, I at least get two days off a week, but I think it's going to go the other way because too many people think they should only work Saturday is it's overtime pay. 

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Just bought a new smoker and got some help with the assembly...F50AEFBF-BAB8-463A-A51A-14B60B42BDDB.jpeg.627100544913459b6c4c5592bae89214.jpeg

Going to do the seasoning burn this weekend, then it’s brisket time!

you'll need a bigger golf bag

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD