Random Thread

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

Got a problem to resolve.  Seems my G410 Driver has a broken/stripped adjusting screw.  
I felt a little “rattle” Friday on a drive but didn’t see anything wrong.  Went to tighten the screw with the wrench and it just keeps turning, inside of thread in shaft may have stripped.

Anyone ever hear of this happening?

I have heard of an occasional tip adapter having a stripped thread, not brand specific either. 

Can you pull the head off the adapter tip?   

If I understand correctly it should be a simple install of a new adapter and new screw.  Or if the screw snapped off just below the head then pull the head off the shaft & carefully remove the rest of the screw from the adapter and only a new screw would be needed.  

• Like 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

Posted Images

On 5/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, Shapotomous said:

I have heard of an occasional tip adapter having a stripped thread, not brand specific either. 

Can you pull the head off the adapter tip?   

If I understand correctly it should be a simple install of a new adapter and new screw.  Or if the screw snapped off just below the head then pull the head off the shaft & carefully remove the rest of the screw from the adapter and only a new screw would be needed.  

The head will not come of the shaft with screw removed even after hitting numerous shots with screw removed.

Golf shop guys didn’t want to do any damage so they just packed it up and sent it to Ping.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, Rickp said:

The head will not come of the shaft with screw removed even after hitting numerous shots with screw removed.

Golf shop guys didn’t want to do any damage so they just packed it up and sent it to Ping.

Lucky the damn thing didn't come loose at a most inopportune time (i.e. heading toward some immovable and scratch-inducing object) while the screw was out.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

8 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Lucky the damn thing didn't come loose at a most inopportune time (i.e. heading toward some immovable and scratch-inducing object) while the screw was out.

True, I have a couple guys who “creep forward” on the left side of the Tee Box because they use the next forward Tee.  Since I’m a Lefty they are in the danger zone if I ever mishit (shank😱) or in this case the head comes off.  I tell these guys constantly to get in back of the player on the Tee.  I guess 75-80 years old don’t remember 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Disappointed that I have to reschedule my Club Champion appointment because my wife's schedule changed next week. Looks like they are completely booked until June.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Posted (edited)

Someone posting fish pics?  Had a chance to fish at a private pond on Sunday.  Landed a couple of good ones.  Too windy for fly rods, had to resort to throwing spinners 

C0D13524-BADA-472F-9FD6-AB84D21F2C03.jpeg.50307448b36e3c43858b28be3b757ae6.jpeg

Edited by toehold57
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Disappointed that I have to reschedule my Club Champion appointment because my wife's schedule changed next week. Looks like they are completely booked until June.

Rebooked now, but not until June 5th. That's how busy my local CC is. 

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

I did a stupid thing today (maybe 2). Been waiting for a few weeks for 5 tons of pea gravel to be delivered. Well it showed up today. After shoveling, moving, dumping, and raking out three of the five tons I was toast. Then I sit down to rest some and realize it is DEMO DAY tomorrow.

Crap, I now get the kids and head out to the store to get Mothers Day presents. Didnt want to interfere with Demo Day. I felt like an old man with a turd in his pants walking around the stores.

Hopefully I can move tomorrow. There is still 2 more tons sitting in wait for me when I get home tomorrow. 

Then brain storm #2 hits me. " Hey dear why don't we go to the club Sunday for Mothers day brunch!" She is in complete agreement until........wait for it....

Why don't you meet me there at around 11:30 with the kids. I'll be done golfing by then. Anyone know how cold it will be tonight. I might be sleeping in the shed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I did a stupid thing today (maybe 2). Been waiting for a few weeks for 5 tons of pea gravel to be delivered. Well it showed up today. After shoveling, moving, dumping, and raking out three of the five tons I was toast. Then I sit down to rest some and realize it is DEMO DAY tomorrow.

Crap, I now get the kids and head out to the store to get Mothers Day presents. Didnt want to interfere with Demo Day. I felt like an old man with a turd in his pants walking around the stores.

Hopefully I can move tomorrow. There is still 2 more tons sitting in wait for me when I get home tomorrow. 

Then brain storm #2 hits me. " Hey dear why don't we go to the club Sunday for Mothers day brunch!" She is in complete agreement until........wait for it....

Wy don't you meet me there at around 11:30 with the kids. I'll be done golfing by then. Anyone know how cold it will be tonight. I might be sleeping in the shed!

Hopefully you have some thick blankets to keep you warm in the shed tonight, don't want you being completely immobile tomorrow. 

Seriously though, I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow and can give your wife a great Mother's Day. 

• Like 3
On 5/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, tommc23 said:

The fitting turned into a lesson because he was seeing my path was way off. Fixed that and saw an increase in my distance into he hybrid of 15-30 yards carry. He said work on my swing and come back to get fitted for a driver when my swing is better and he gave me things to work on which works. Super nice guy and didn’t charge me for the fitting he charged me for a lesson which was cheaper. It was a nice time guy was great to work with.

That's when you know you have an honest guy. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

I had no idea until this morning when my kids were getting ready for school, but today is Star Wars day...?  May the 4th Be With You and all that.

So, joining in...

Meme Creator - Funny My lawn, Get off you will Meme Generator at  MemeCreator.org!

I'm surprised our resident Star Wars guru @Shanksterdidn't let us know. You've got one on him.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Things haven't improved at USPS. We mailed a birthday card to our DIL 2 weeks ago and she just got it (a week late). That's 2 weeks from Tampa to Cleveland. Yikes! 

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

I hav been processing my last round for quite a few days now.  I played extremely well, and I couldn’t put a finger on why.

Well, today using some metacognition... I have learned that I need to stop practicing.

I hadn’t touched a club for over a week at least, didn’t even warm up on the range.  So instead of smashing range balls all the time, I’m just going to hit the course.  And play whatever shot shape comes out that day.

Practice... just makes me worse.

Practice... 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1
6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I hav been processing my last round for quite a few days now.  I played extremely well, and I couldn’t put a finger on why.

Well, today using some metacognition... I have learned that I need to stop practicing.

I hadn’t touched a club for over a week at least, didn’t even warm up on the range.  So instead of smashing range balls all the time, I’m just going to hit the course.  And play whatever shot shape comes out that day.

Practice... 🙄

sounds like john Daly and he was pretty damn good 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Practice... 🙄

sounds like a positive case of KISS. 

Keep It Simple Son! (I’d never call you Stupid). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

sounds like a positive case of KISS. 

Keep It Simple Son! (I’d never call you Stupid). 

I would.  Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
23 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

sounds like john Daly and he was pretty damn good 😂

I won’t be pulling all nighters and chain smoking on the tee.  But I can get down with that.  JD was big time when I first got into golf...

Then... he wasn’t.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 5/2/2021 at 6:12 AM, sirchunksalot said:

A little advice:

1. If it's sunny and you go to the range, don't forget your sunblock.

2. If you happen to forget your sunblock, don't hit two large buckets.

3. If you happen not to heed this advice and have a buzzed haircut, don't wear a trucker style hat as the rays of sunshine can burn your head. 

There have been a few points and times in my life that I have had a hat "painted" on my head. 

• Haha 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."