Random Thread

12 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Just got back from Club Champion. Felt like I was swinging slow but also putting in more effort than normal. Made the fitter put the club on the swingweight scale. E2 with a Callaway head which tends to be on the light side. LOL

sounds like they didn't build their heads correctly with the adapter system.   

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might get a kick out of this. I was surfing through the different threads on here and thought I had pressed on the community button. Anyways my wife popped in about the exact same time the

Not sure how many on here are familiar with “Les Miserables”, but my son plays the lead character, Jean Valjean, and my 9 year old daughter plays Little Cosette. Their opening night was last night, an

Hadn’t had a chance to post a pick of the new truck

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

sounds like they didn't build their heads correctly with the adapter system.   

They definitely don't adjust the headweight to adjust for the added adapter weight. The Ping was unswingable for me. Swung it twice and gave it back to the fitter and told him it was too heavy. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Had to go buy a new laptop... to submit one frigging assignment.

Been using an iPad for 2 years now for school.  One assignment wouldn’t work.  Couldn’t get the files to save anywhere else... super not happy.  

really wish apple would make an IPad Extra - with MacOS instead of iOS.  I hate not having a touch screen! 😳

• Sad 2

Didn’t see the need for a new topic to answer a question I have. Figured random thread would work. Anyway I’m doing a one day(5 hour) golf school next month, and was wondering how much to tip the instructor. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

Didn’t see the need for a new topic to answer a question I have. Figured random thread would work. Anyway I’m doing a one day(5 hour) golf school next month, and was wondering how much to tip the instructor. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Do you tip your golf instructor for an individual lesson?   I do  understand that it is a gray area since they are providing a service but have never tipped my instructor;  we have an agreed upon rate that I pay per lesson.   Golf schools may be a bit different as there are often multiple instructors and you are paying the owner of the school and not directly paying each instructor.  Would you tip each instructor?

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Do you tip your golf instructor for an individual lesson?   I do  understand that it is a gray area since they are providing a service but have never tipped my instructor;  we have an agreed upon rate that I pay per lesson.   Golf schools may be a bit different as there are often multiple instructors and you are paying the owner of the school and not directly paying each instructor.  Would you tip each instructor?

I’ve never tipped and instructor and they never really looked like they were expecting one. In my limited research on golf schools I wouldn’t tip there either. Like with an individual lesson you have an agreed on price for the school and what it offers including if there will be one or more instructors 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

WANT:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-12-at-2.10.22-PM.png

• Haha 8

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

12 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

WANT:

haha that is awesome.  Also I am now singing that song for the rest of the day.  Thanks for that. 

• Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I will have one instructor for the day. I pay the golf school and they provide the instructor for the day. Suppose I’ll just do what fells right. 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don't tip. At $100/hr, I think he's outside of a minimum wage. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

WANT:

Perhaps one can be altered for @sirchunksalot?

• Haha 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

OK we all have been out there with *that guy*... or maybe once or twice we've BEEN *that guy* 🤣

https://sports.theonion.com/this-is-what-it-s-all-about-boys-says-man-hour-away-1846890831

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Posted (edited)

Lifetime ban for getting pissed off on the golf course? Seems like there wouldn't be very many people playing if that was the punishment for getting angry during a round. 🤣

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 5/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, 2puttbogey said:

Tip him as much as you tip your doctor or your dentist.

• Like 4

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, & 5 -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS and SW bent to 52 Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :Sub70: 56* JB 

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

So, I ordered a shaft and the seller shipped it via FedEx to arrive between Fri or Monday.  Tracking indicated end of day Monday (today).  Of course, it's Fed Ex.  It was delivered to a center 4 hours drive away on Friday.  Today, it's still there and they changed the delivery to Tuesday.  I'm leaving town Wed to go to Bend (Redmond) with the wife (not a golf trip).  I had made a tee time for Tuesday so that I could test run the new shaft.    Doubtful that Fed Ex will deliver prior to my tee time.  Fed up with FedEX.  I may or may not be playing Juniper while in Redmond.

On a separate note, but related....after waiting a month for 2 wedges from Sub70, they finally shipped it today.  Great -- out of town when they'll be dropped off on my front porch (UPS).  Hopefully, the transit will put it out until next Monday.  Otherwise, I have to have someone pick up the package for me so that the porch thieves don't get it.

Apparently, it's not my week for good things golf related.

On the other hand, I'm whining about trivial matters relative to what some people are having to deal with in their life.  I'll shut up now!

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, & 5 -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS and SW bent to 52 Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

16 minutes ago, CarlH said:

So, I ordered a shaft and the seller shipped it via FedEx to arrive between Fri or Monday.  Tracking indicated end of day Monday (today).  Of course, it's Fed Ex.  It was delivered to a center 4 hours drive away on Friday.  Today, it's still there and they changed the delivery to Tuesday.  I'm leaving town Wed to go to Bend (Redmond) with the wife (not a golf trip).  I had made a tee time for Tuesday so that I could test run the new shaft.    Doubtful that Fed Ex will deliver prior to my tee time.  Fed up with FedEX.  I may or may not be playing Juniper while in Redmond.

On a separate note, but related....after waiting a month for 2 wedges from Sub70, they finally shipped it today.  Great -- out of town when they'll be dropped off on my front porch (UPS).  Hopefully, the transit will put it out until next Monday.  Otherwise, I have to have someone pick up the package for me so that the porch thieves don't get it.

On the other hand, I'm whining about trivial matters relative to what some people are having to deal with in their life.  I'll shut up now!

I have similar shipping problems.  I don't care what day of the week I order things, they ALWAYS arrive on the weekend when we are playing golf.  So the package sits on the porch (if the gate is open) or by the garage door if it isn't.  The last package I received was supposed to arrive last Monday... great!!  Nope, came two days early on Saturday while we on the golf course... and the gate wasn't open!!

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have similar shipping problems.  I don't care what day of the week I order things, they ALWAYS arrive on the weekend when we are playing golf.  So the package sits on the porch (if the gate is open) or by the garage door if it isn't.  The last package I received was supposed to arrive last Monday... great!!  Nope, came two days early on Saturday while we on the golf course... and the gate wasn't open!!

Porch pirates are roaming the streets near you 😄  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

I have a new chemex for coffee which I ordered nearly a month ago USPS has it in California still as of the 5th... 🤦🤦🤦

• Sad 5
1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

I have a new chemex for coffee which I ordered nearly a month ago USPS has it in California still as of the 5th... 🤦🤦🤦

That's like the weed Wacker part that I ordered on April 19, left Gulfport MS on the 20th and hasn't had its tracking status updated since!  😖

• Sad 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.