Jump to content

Random Thread


ole gray

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MattF said:

It was a good vehicle but the MPG was killing me and it was starting to need more and more maintenance, plus the tin worm had moved in.

OH I know all about the tin worm--- I have a 01 S-500 Benz that came from New Hampshire--- Structually it is ok for now but has the tin worm in the body panels. I gave 1 K for it almost 2 years ago from a golf bud of mine who owns a high end used car lot specializing in fleet truck and van sales. Everything works for now and it rides and handles good. I do not drive it that much some weeks it sits 3 or 4 days in the yard.

LOL a few years back I had a lady dispatcher who was from Ohio. She had moved down here and had a front wheel drive Chevy I think it was a Cavilier. She had bought it new and man was it rusty. She also worked at the Waffle House and for us part time. She called me crying said her car had broke and was at the Waffle House. Yeah it had broke all right--- right in 2 pieces so to speak. It had literally folded up behind the drivers seat buckling the roof and popping the back window out. she did have the presence of mind to get it out of the street and in the parking lot. I told her get her stuff out. I pulled it up on the rollback and took it to the yard got the battery and catalyic converter off it and went straight to the scrapyard. Back then steel was sorta high and she got $250 for it plus I gave her the price of what I could sell the converter for which was about $100 at the time for that one. Used batteries we got $20 for. I went ahead and gave her $500 for the whole mess. She made a down payment on a Ford Escort at a tote the note car lot in town. She was a good person and we took a slight kick for her but she was worth it. Just glad she did not have anyone riding in the back seat because it could have been really bad

  • Like 8

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 5 thru 9 1980 Mac VIP Hogan Apex #2 shaft---PW  Hogan TK-15 50* KBS Wedge Shaft---- SW  Callaway PM 56 modified grind 8* KBS Wedge shaft---- Putter 1997 Rusty Scotty Santa Fe Bullseye fluted shaft--- Bag Old School Jones Classic non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MattF said:

Some more and that's it. I replaced the halogen headlights and fog lights for LED's because the halogens are absolutely disgraceful. Put in all weather mats, vent visors and it's not my car if I don't have my Mambo dog on it. I'm getting the two front windows tinted on Friday and that will be the extent of my additions.

PXL_20211030_011741400.NIGHT.jpg.b85fa93d2ed4caf3cedbf809dd2f6590.jpg

Have to have my dog, plus I got myself a red rat.

PXL_20211029_234529134.jpg.6c4ff34363ab7294bf9e8fb3fb6d6650.jpg

PXL_20211030_212103628_MP.jpg.faf4456123ef38729dfc147218761270.jpg

Also had this plate surround made...because I don't.


PXL_20211030_212112338_MP.jpg.262b8c9f5639a78217a86b547a059ee3.jpg


Co-pilot side has the flag.


PXL_20211030_212123994_MP.jpg.07f7cbffaa9516ca86be8e4b948697ee.jpg

Pilot's side has the flag.

PXL_20211030_212236612_MP.jpg.7854f559ea71017cc7df7c489610cd16.jpg

The mirrors fold in when you lock the doors.

PXL_20211030_212134208_MP.jpg.6606ea0ffa5161733cac65bb5a923b1c.jpg

PXL_20211030_212254918_MP.jpg.4bad84dc62dfc75f0c329bbfeb4c741d.jpg

Panoramic roof...now you see it.

PXL_20211030_212350172_MP.jpg.4006a48eca0e404fce58adda9ef6c676.jpg

Now you don't...

PXL_20211030_212311504_MP.jpg.3ebb9058950f57febb9ae84e0bf8570f.jpg

Yes, it'll fit my clubs and cart, no problems.

PXL_20211030_212424214_MP.jpg.ef2a6286e956e43fba9b3e606ceab9aa.jpg

Yep basic requirements--- It runs and drives dependable and safely and the clubs and cart fit in it-- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!  BTW my car has the hidden sunroof / moon roof thing too. The cover is an absolute necessity down here in the summer. LOL had a 89 Buick Rivieria that had a sunroof that did not work and it tried to roast me on time AC did not work--- I settled that deal used aluminum foil and duct tape. That car was a hoot I gave $150 for it and it had a 3800 engine in it. ended up with a ragged out Buick Le Sabre with the super charger on it--- Yep you guessed it put the supercharger on mine along with the ignition system and TPI-- Yeah it would scream I could spin the front tires. LOL ended up blowing it up and still got more for it in scrap than I paid for it. It was just a play toy

  • Like 7

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 5 thru 9 1980 Mac VIP Hogan Apex #2 shaft---PW  Hogan TK-15 50* KBS Wedge Shaft---- SW  Callaway PM 56 modified grind 8* KBS Wedge shaft---- Putter 1997 Rusty Scotty Santa Fe Bullseye fluted shaft--- Bag Old School Jones Classic non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep basic requirements--- It runs and drives dependable and safely and the clubs and cart fit in it-- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!  BTW my car has the hidden sunroof / moon roof thing too. The cover is an absolute necessity down here in the summer. LOL had a 89 Buick Rivieria that had a sunroof that did not work and it tried to roast me on time AC did not work--- I settled that deal used aluminum foil and duct tape. That car was a hoot I gave $150 for it and it had a 3800 engine in it. ended up with a ragged out Buick Le Sabre with the super charger on it--- Yep you guessed it put the supercharger on mine along with the ignition system and TPI-- Yeah it would scream I could spin the front tires. LOL ended up blowing it up and still got more for it in scrap than I paid for it. It was just a play toy

Had a '78 Volare wagon with a 318ci 2bbl 4-speed stick that was working well for me but the gearbox had something that sounded like it was floating in it at constant speed.  Shop said it could last forever or it could stop working on the way home, and a recycling yard replacement could be the same or worse.  Decided then and there to start looking for the next car.  Dad called with the right one he said and working in Pittsburgh at the time it was a 4hr drive to go see, but the price was right, '78 Volare wagon 360ci 4bbl 727 Torqueflite 108K for $500.  3 bags of garbage removed from the inside, 2 new left window motors, set of tires and I had an SE that was fully loaded.  Added ceramic Hedman Headers, 2" straight pipe off the collectors, Thrush Turbos and a couple stock tailpipes and it was a total sleeper unless the pipes underneath the floor pans were noticed it looked stock.  I had no idea what happened to the horsepower and torque but towing 3500lbs of sailboat it could out accelerate everything that was itching to get past after taking the interstate onramp gently.  With all the window glass on the back the tires never lost traction and one poor guy in a mid 70's corvette did that let's race thing at a traffic light, and again at the next light and by the 3rd light he just turned right to stop the embarrassment.  Loved being picked up by the torque in the drivers seat and seeing nothing but roadway in the rearview standing on the accelerator which was the only time the roar of the V8 got out the end of the tailpipes.  Loved that car 🥰 was heartbroken when the Torqueflite had lots of neutral one night running light with over 244K on the clock and never did know how fast it could go, speedo only went to 85 and it would shift into 3rd off the clock and never pushed it for top speed over concern for the tires but the guys faces in the 76 TransAm was priceless when we closed the gap on them after they did stupid and it was my wife who said get 'em!

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: First StrikeTM Rattlesnake 10.5,  O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 15 19 27,  Ginty Trouble Club (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3(20) 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  |> Wedges: Worx (55) 636692430_worx30.png.0a353d81efc141276fcad4aac6d519f4.png 

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1 (3)   ⛳ 934372551_The-Club-Buddy-Rev-1-0120h.jpg.2e06db61797bee31ed27f49a3b801098.jpg 517658623_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.2d0acde35cce050d2a56a647437d1cfe.jpg  1944240139_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.8c7f11d619e7390fdb8ccdfac6479d58.jpg

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member     2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters  1578345221_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.0cb89de95b28f0ebddcff53b59a16f08.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Had a '78 Volare wagon with a 318ci 2bbl 4-speed stick that was working well for me but the gearbox had something that sounded like it was floating in it at constant speed.  Shop said it could last forever or it could stop working on the way home, and a recycling yard replacement could be the same or worse.  Decided then and there to start looking for the next car.  Dad called with the right one he said and working in Pittsburgh at the time it was a 4hr drive to go see, but the price was right, '78 Volare wagon 360ci 4bbl 727 Torqueflite 108K for $500.  3 bags of garbage removed from the inside, 2 new left window motors, set of tires and I had an SE that was fully loaded.  Added ceramic Hedman Headers, 2" straight pipe off the collectors, Thrush Turbos and a couple stock tailpipes and it was a total sleeper unless the pipes underneath the floor pans were noticed it looked stock.  I had no idea what happened to the horsepower and torque but towing 3500lbs of sailboat it could out accelerate everything that was itching to get past after taking the interstate onramp gently.  With all the window glass on the back the tires never lost traction and one poor guy in a mid 70's corvette did that let's race thing at a traffic light, and again at the next light and by the 3rd light he just turned right to stop the embarrassment.  Loved being picked up by the torque in the drivers seat and seeing nothing but roadway in the rearview standing on the accelerator which was the only time the roar of the V8 got out the end of the tailpipes.  Loved that car 🥰 was heartbroken when the Torqueflite had lots of neutral one night running light with over 244K on the clock and never did know how fast it could go, speedo only went to 85 and it would shift into 3rd off the clock and never pushed it for top speed over concern for the tires but the guys faces in the 76 TransAm was priceless when we closed the gap on them after they did stupid and it was my wife who said get 'em!

Had a 88 Dodge W-200 FWD I bought real cheap with a blown engine. My friend was Cotton Owens who was a legendary NASCAR driver and car builder. I bought a ex Winston Cup 360 engine from him which we did some streetabe mods to. We did put a RV cam in it for pulling and low end torque. One of my friends had a Ford Diesel service truck 7.3 diesel in it. We were planning to go up to Asheville NC to race. The clutch came out of the diesel so we hooked to the Red Ram. 40 ft enclosed trailer with 2 race cars and parts and tires. We ran up on another friend with the newest Ford diesel pulling a 28 ft enclosed with one car. We were chatting on the CB and he asked if we were stopping at Saluda Mountain? Now I had floored it and had passed my bud with his diesel 1/4 way up the mountain. I told him naah we were hammer down to Asheville. My other bud sitting in the passenger seat said think again. Looked and could see the gas guage literally moving with all barrells of the 780 Holley kicked in.

When I moved the wife and her stuff down here I borrowed the same trailer and had it loaded cominfg down here had some dude in a Z-71 pulling a little camper sped up on me when I passed on a 4 lane. I floored it and walked away from him. Same story on the gas. Had to stop in Florence SC to of course get gas. The guy pulled up as I finished paying for the gas. He asked what kind of Dodge truck was that?  I told him the kind that ate Fords and schmit Chevrolets and lets go to the beach

I kept that thing for about 5 years and the transfer case drive chains could not hold the torque. Dodge trucks were not that popular at that tme especially the square cab ones like mine and junkyard transfer cases were cheap about $100 or so. I think I went through like 5 in 2 years. The beef up kits were like a grand and I did not want to spend that. Everytime I used the 4WD for what ever reason about a month later the chain would break even normal driving. I finally got tired of messing with it and sold it never looked back it was fun though for a while

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 5 thru 9 1980 Mac VIP Hogan Apex #2 shaft---PW  Hogan TK-15 50* KBS Wedge Shaft---- SW  Callaway PM 56 modified grind 8* KBS Wedge shaft---- Putter 1997 Rusty Scotty Santa Fe Bullseye fluted shaft--- Bag Old School Jones Classic non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 7:11 AM, MattF said:

Actually. Old busted on the right and new hotness on the left. I'll be taking better pics later.

FB_IMG_1635590537232.jpg.c69544785a0c6cb6033e831bbc4d14f1.jpg

I notice you took the cow catcher off the Chevy. I assume you're going to sell it or make some fancy lawn-art?

  • Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wife and I got the Covid Booster today. Our community had setup the shots - we were in and out in 25 min and that included the wait after. 

  • Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I notice you took the cow catcher off the Chevy. I assume you're going to sell it or make some fancy lawn-art?

It wasn't a catcher, more like a go througher! Yes, I've got it listed on the various GMT360 FB pages...people like it and want it but don't want to pay for it, so it's sitting in the garage for the time being.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I got the Covid Booster today. Our community had setup the shots - we were in and out in 25 min and that included the wait after. 

That’s great!  We got our Boosters last Monday, kicked our butts for a day and we were good to go!

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s great!  We got our Boosters last Monday, kicked our butts for a day and we were good to go!

Nothing more than a slightly sore arm for me but my wife got knocked down for the day. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Illinois sucks can’t find a ride anywhere and who doesn’t have Lyft or Uber along I80??

So is the transmission/truck toast?

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

So is the transmission/truck toast?

Yea goes into gear for all of 30 seconds I finally got a shop to take it but won’t get to it for a week. Driving home now in a uhaul then flying out to get it.

  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Yea goes into gear for all of 30 seconds I finally got a shop to take it but won’t get to it for a week. Driving home now in a uhaul then flying out to get it.

that really sucks, what a headache. sell it to the shop and get something new. 

  • Like 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Yea goes into gear for all of 30 seconds I finally got a shop to take it but won’t get to it for a week. Driving home now in a uhaul then flying out to get it.

Sounds like a computer issue, as amazing as the technology is on these newest vehicles with the convenience of power and economy, I sure miss the days of being able to diagnose and repair the equipment myself with a set of wrenches, sockets, and a big hammer.

  • Like 2

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: First StrikeTM Rattlesnake 10.5,  O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 15 19 27,  Ginty Trouble Club (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3(20) 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  |> Wedges: Worx (55) 636692430_worx30.png.0a353d81efc141276fcad4aac6d519f4.png 

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1 (3)   ⛳ 934372551_The-Club-Buddy-Rev-1-0120h.jpg.2e06db61797bee31ed27f49a3b801098.jpg 517658623_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.2d0acde35cce050d2a56a647437d1cfe.jpg  1944240139_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.8c7f11d619e7390fdb8ccdfac6479d58.jpg

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member     2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters  1578345221_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.0cb89de95b28f0ebddcff53b59a16f08.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sounds like a computer issue, as amazing as the technology is on these newest vehicles with the convenience of power and economy, I sure miss the days of being able to diagnose and repair the equipment myself with a set of wrenches, sockets, and a big hammer.

I miss that crap too no codes came up at all when this happened and I can hear the gears grinding it sounds like crap

5 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

that really sucks, what a headache. sell it to the shop and get something new. 

I wish they would buy it I may try to trade it in when It’s done but it’s pretty customized for me and it would cost me a lot to get one done the same way

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 2 post surgery for SWMBO going painfully slow but okay for now.  Meanwhile I got more steroid injections in my lower back today.  So back is stiff and I am moving around very carefully.  I think I know why Atty’s sue for pain and suffering….

  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, EasyPutter said:

Sounds like a computer issue, as amazing as the technology is on these newest vehicles with the convenience of power and economy, I sure miss the days of being able to diagnose and repair the equipment myself with a set of wrenches, sockets, and a big hammer.

Kinda like I told my boss when he put me in the brand new at the time 2015 Mack--- I was in the oldest truck in the fleet ( 2002 Mack) and ran the most miles on a daily basis. That new Mack had 9 different computers in it and it was a manual shift ( 10 speed) they tell me the automatics have 11 different computers. I told him if something went wrong I could not maybe redneck engineer and get it in. The truck I had when I got hurt was a 2018 Mack same set up. Really I did not have too many problems with either one. I had read up on them and had done research on the net. I did outwit the computer on the 2018 one time. Some kind of glitch put it in derate limiting the speed to 35MPH. I unhooked the speedo sensor and drove it back with no speedo. The Mack place replaced several sensors and I never had a problem again. The big boss got a kick out of that last one told someone he had a redneck engineer truck driver that could out wit a computer

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 5 thru 9 1980 Mac VIP Hogan Apex #2 shaft---PW  Hogan TK-15 50* KBS Wedge Shaft---- SW  Callaway PM 56 modified grind 8* KBS Wedge shaft---- Putter 1997 Rusty Scotty Santa Fe Bullseye fluted shaft--- Bag Old School Jones Classic non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Day 2 post surgery for SWMBO going painfully slow but okay for now.  Meanwhile I got more steroid injections in my lower back today.  So back is stiff and I am moving around very carefully.  I think I know why Atty’s sue for pain and suffering….

Yeah I know darn well why attys sue for pain and suffering--- and I can certainally relate to being stiff and moving slowly but I am doing better than a year ago. It will take time to heal especially at our age

  • Like 4

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 5 thru 9 1980 Mac VIP Hogan Apex #2 shaft---PW  Hogan TK-15 50* KBS Wedge Shaft---- SW  Callaway PM 56 modified grind 8* KBS Wedge shaft---- Putter 1997 Rusty Scotty Santa Fe Bullseye fluted shaft--- Bag Old School Jones Classic non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yeah I know darn well why attys sue for pain and suffering--- and I can certainally relate to being stiff and moving slowly but I am doing better than a year ago. It will take time to heal especially at our age

Thanks for words of comfort Stu. I know you have had your share of discomfort.

  • Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...