Random Thread

ole gray

This HAS to have been from the courses I play! 😂

• Hmmm 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, kardboard.kid said:

Currently, a hunting license is required to take coyotes, although other requirements, including bag limits, are next to nonexistent. Coyote hunting is legal pretty much year-round.  Also Ohio is Open Carry. 🙂

Basically Coyote hunting is wide open here in most instances--- A friend of mine in the Upstate of SC has like 100 acres and has some cattle--- He can kill at any time he has told me he has killed 3 this week. SC is now open carry as long as you have a CWP and the business is not posted as Concealed Weapons prohibited. Also some cities have ordinances prohibiting them at open events like parades etc.

• Like 5

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW Hogan Starburst 50* --- SW Cleveland 588 56*--- LW Cleveland 588 60*--- Putter Stock 1972 Ping Anser- Bag Old School Burton plain non advertisement

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

A little background before I rant. With all the supplier issues going on work has decided on a schedule where we are on furlough for a week, work two weeks, furloughed for another two weeks, work two weeks, and then furloughed for one more before getting back to normal ( for now ). I have no complaints, they instituted a supplemental unemployment benefits (SUB) plan to go along with state unemployment. I'm still getting paid 80% plus got a raise last week.

My issue is dealing with the Unemployment Office. I just spent a freaking hour trying to verify my bank account information that should have already been in the system from the furlough last year. Error notification after error notification hounded me. They had me set up to receive a debit card instead. I finally got it to work and it's all good now after my lovely wife told me to try on the computer instead of my phone. 

Sorry to rant, I'd normally go outside and swing a club or did something to distract myself, but it's dark and 25 degrees outside.

I am very thankful for the company taking care of us right now. 

Hang in there Grasshopper!!  You’ve had a tough stretch and you’ll get thru it.  👍

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Hang in there Grasshopper!!  You’ve had a tough stretch and you’ll get thru it.  👍

I appreciate the encouragement. It's been a rough patch, but we'll make it through. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate the encouragement. It's been a rough patch, but we'll make it through. 

Yup, you will.  You’ve got a good support system, you’ll be fine.  It’s good to vent, clears your mind!!

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

A little background before I rant. With all the supplier issues going on work has decided on a schedule where we are on furlough for a week, work two weeks, furloughed for another two weeks, work two weeks, and then furloughed for one more before getting back to normal ( for now ). I have no complaints, they instituted a supplemental unemployment benefits (SUB) plan to go along with state unemployment. I'm still getting paid 80% plus got a raise last week.

My issue is dealing with the Unemployment Office. I just spent a freaking hour trying to verify my bank account information that should have already been in the system from the furlough last year. Error notification after error notification hounded me. They had me set up to receive a debit card instead. I finally got it to work and it's all good now after my lovely wife told me to try on the computer instead of my phone. 

Sorry to rant, I'd normally go outside and swing a club or did something to distract myself, but it's dark and 25 degrees outside.

Things will get better soon.  Glad you did your rant, but 25º sounds pretty warm... I would have swung a club!!  😂

• Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Things will get better soon.  Glad you did your rant, but 25º sounds pretty warm... I would have swung a club!!  😂

I did spend a little time on the kitchen getting a feel of transitioning to the lead side and allowing the club to drop and shallow. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I did spend a little time on the kitchen getting a feel of transitioning to the lead side and allowing the club to drop and shallow. 

I've got a couple of places in the house that I can swing a club.  Occasionally, I get a little carried away.  I've broken  picture glass, dinged some walls, and knocked trim off a trunk so I advise you to be careful 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I've got a couple of places in the house that I can swing a club.  Occasionally, I get a little carried away.  I've broken  picture glass, dinged some walls, and knocked trim off a trunk so I advise you to be careful 🙂

I have one room in the house I could swing a club fully, 21x11 with ten foot ceilings. Unfortunately, the bed is in the way and I don't want to wrestle with that thing again. Getting it upstairs was not too fun.

Anywhere else in the house I'm making a slow, deliberate backswing and usually stopping around transition. Even doing that I have to be careful. I have almost busted light fixtures and hit my wife's hanging plants. 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have one room in the house I could swing a club fully, 21x11 with ten foot ceilings. Unfortunately, the bed is in the way and I don't want to wrestle with that thing again. Getting it upstairs was not too fun.

Anywhere else in the house I'm making a slow, deliberate backswing and usually stopping around transition. Even doing that I have to be careful. I have almost busted light fixtures and hit my wife's hanging plants. 

I have several rooms in the house with 10 foot ceilings, but I am not allowed to swing a club in the house.  That's why I set up a net in the room behind the garage.  However, it's not heated.  There were a few times the past couple of weeks when temps were in the teens that I was tempted to swing in the house, but I got "The Look".

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have several rooms in the house with 10 foot ceilings, but I am not allowed to swing a club in the house.  That's why I set up a net in the room behind the garage.  However, it's not heated.  There were a few times the past couple of weeks when temps were in the teens that I was tempted to swing in the house, but I got "The Look".

I know that look! I get it every time I even look at my clubs. 

• Haha 6

Driver: Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour, Aldila NV
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg, Aldila NV
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58, Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

My rowing machine comes in the mail today which is good because it’s super cold outside and I could use a good workout to warm up. This is the start of me trying to lose weight again.

• Like 8

On 1/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Tough situation but that’s great the company is taking care of you….as they should! 
I am no stranger to anything state/federal  institutions. In all honesty they are all brutal. Hope it all works out for ya!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

My rowing machine comes in the mail today which is good because it’s super cold outside and I could use a good workout to warm up. This is the start of me trying to lose weight again.

I started losing weight before Thanksgiving... without exercises.  So far, I'm down 25 lbs.  This week, my wife and I started golf-specific flexibility and strength exercises... no weights.

I have a Crossbow exercise machine from many years ago, and it has a rowing option that I will use.  However, it's set up in my unheated hitting bay and it's been too cold to use it.  Probably not too cold, but I'm not that motivated.  I suppose this summer when it's 90+, it will be too hot.  🤣  Then plan is to rebuild that room to be a 4-season golf and exercise room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Tough situation but that’s great the company is taking care of you….as they should! 
I am no stranger to anything state/federal  institutions. In all honesty they are all brutal. Hope it all works out for ya!

Thanks Mark! Right now things are looking good, today was payday and since my two weeks off for Winter Shutdown was one week vacation, one week furlough, the pay was spot on. Now, since there is a one week waiting period for unemployment, the company and SUB plan took care and covered that. I'll have to recertify again on the 30th and hopefully it'll be stress free.

Right now I'm just thinking to myself the time off work is a blessing with helping my wife care for her mom and reducing her burden there. Plus, I might be able to sneak in a couple of rounds if the weather cooperates. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just took a nostalgic trip down memory lane. It's our 10th anniversary weekend and the wife and I, being nerds, watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife. So good. The original was my favorite movie growing up and the only movie I've seen 35 times. I was geeking out so bad. The music, the references, and the Easter eggs were well done in a movie that could stand on its own. 

Happy Anniversary!  

• Like 3