Random Thread

ole gray

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Had kinda weird day.  In our backyard SWMBO noticed a lot of water/mushy grass bordering our neighbor.  The water was pooling up in the sprinkler head areas for us and our neighbor.  Called my Buddy who had a construction business in NY that primarily did golf course renovations and irrigation.  Him and me tagging along went thru my system zones, replaced a couple sprinkler heads, dug around a little and couldn’t find anything in my side.  We looked at my neighbors heads, not touching anything of his really couldn’t see anything obvious BUT neighbor has a big pool.  Got a hold of him but he wanted his own guy and that’s  OK.  His guy can barely cut grass so this is going to be interesting.  
Unfortunately I missed most of the live Masters telecast as we had to go to another friend 70th birthday.  
My Buddy charge for his help, sleeve of ProV1 he saw in my garage.  
Should be able to watch Masters tomorrow.

I am definitely watching Sunday afternoon ready for it seriously. Phones will be turned off Do Not Disturb Sign on the door Pimento cheese ready boiled peanuts picked up after church and BBQ ready too. Masters Sunday tradition for us rest of the outside world be dammed. Ran a wedding at church yesterday afternoon got everything set up and running. Did cheat some since I was the only one upstairs on the A/V deck and balcony. Used the 3rd computer to live stream the tournament with the headphones on. Well at least one side on the phones. Really the service was a no brainer only two mikes and the piano. Had the Facebook Live computer recording and doing a private stream. The guy over the A/V is a genius and set up all the computer stuff Friday night at the rehearsal he even set up the Masters stream for me. All I had to do computer wise was point and click after powering up. The whole thing lasted on my part only 30 minutes and I was close power down and going home. Did not go to the reception even though I was invited. Our guy over security told someone I was doing as he was going home and watch the Masters. Yep got 10:30 service today the set up will be done on the 8:30 AM service all I have to do is sit down and drive. On the way home I will stop and get my P-Nuts from the local produce stand and to the house I go

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW Hogan Starburst 50* --- SW Cleveland 588 56*--- LW Cleveland 588 60*--- Putter -- Yep it is back Rusty Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's some tubes hanging down that make a noise like wind chimes is probably the best way I can describe it.

Looks like they need to up the technology.  Half the drivers are probably wearing earbuds 😆.  Maybe it should trigger a set of flashing lights on the bridge sign that is changed to say "stop when flashing"... just a thought.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Stopped at Lowes to pick up a few items for a project I am working on and noticed they have small oxygen cylinders for sale.....put the mask / cup to your face and push the trigger to get a shot of O2??!!  

I guess they figured customers may need it to keep from passing out after seeing $48 for a sheet of 1/2" OSB!!!  🤣

Or the price of 14/2 wire 😱

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I guess they figured customers may need it to keep from passing out after seeing $48 for a sheet of 1/2" OSB!!!  🤣

Try $97.00 for a 1/4" x 4 x 8 sheet of cedar ply. 😮

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

10 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Stopped at Lowes to pick up a few items for a project I am working on and noticed they have small oxygen cylinders for sale.....put the mask / cup to your face and push the trigger to get a shot of O2??!!  

O2 is the best cure for a hangover. I discovered that in the Army. I worked in a hospital and we had O2 in our biomed shop. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway MD3 58°/9° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Snell MTB-Black or Maxfli Tour

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

26 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

O2 is the best cure for a hangover. I discovered that in the Army. I worked in a hospital and we had O2 in our biomed shop. 😂

Now you tell me….

• Haha 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Try $97.00 for a 1/4" x 4 x 8 sheet of cedar ply. 😮

😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Or the price of 14/2 wire 😱

Wire is definitely crazy $$$   I priced 10/2 for a water heater install and just about needed that O2!!  $140 for 50' in the store.....and its kept behind padlocked gates....really it is....

I resisted buying it there and ordered it online for $75.

• Like 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Wire is definitely crazy $$$   I priced 10/2 for a water heater install and just about needed that O2!!  $140 for 50' in the store.....and its kept behind padlocked gates....really it is....

I resisted buying it there and ordered it online for $75.

Local Police this week arrested a guy for stealing $20,000 copper wire and selling it for scrap.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

Anyone else go thru this?  

• Sad 8
  • Hmmm 2

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSi2 9* UST MAMIYA LIN-Q BLUE 6F4 - C3 setting

Fairways   :titleist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* - B2 setting

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: 716 AP2 DG S300 1* up

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56*

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

9 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

Oh ya, more times I can remember.  Never did quit but either took short time away and just chipped & putt or played my way thru it.

it sure is a 💩 feeling.

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

7 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

No but wishing you the best of luck.

• Like 5

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0

Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 4 and 5 UST Recoil 660 F4
Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Pretty sure anyone who has played this game has gone through this in some form, I know I have more than once. Couple of days to reset and then starting back at half speed until the feels come back. It works for me almost every time. 

• Like 9

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

Yep, have kinda been going through it for the past few months or so.   There is part f me that wants to work on getting better and part of me that just wants to not play at all.  

• Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

I wish you the best of luck working through this. I have had some rounds for sure that make me want to throw my clubs in a lake, but I can usually only play weekly so by Friday I am ready to go back for more punishment.  You can do it for and find that form again.

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, golfinnut said:

No, but I don’t golf as much as some of you, but @Shanksterknows your feeling well.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

Yes sir.  I’m still not back to where I was, but I had to change my expectations.  I can still get around the course ok, but nowhere near what I was doing a few years ago in my prime.  I plan to buy a membership at the new place, and I’m 5 ish hours from Bandon… 😍😍😍

Rather than seek out the long ball, I’m just going to revert back to a nice smooth easy swing, I’ll lose some distance sure.  But when I figure out my distances again it will be money.

I was planning on attempting some tournaments and such, but the pressure to hit every shot perfect took the fun out of golf.  I was taking it waaay to seriously.

My advice, take a week off.  Write down why you love the game, then write down things you don’t like.  Remove the dont likes, and focus on the things that you do… no matter what we think/work towards or otherwise we will never be as good as the guys on TV.  So, just be you.  If it’s one of your buddies that is bringing you down, leave him off the group next time…

You will get back to it, because it is ok to get burnt out sometimes. I’ve tried to find an alternative to golf, but nothing touches it. I’m sure you feel the same.  So yeah, end of my rambling.

• Like 7

I'm right in the middle of a spell where I just want to walk away from the game and forget I've ever played it. It's a struggle sometimes to continue to motivate myself to even think about picking up a club. I think that's the nature of the game sometimes. Golf is a game where the highs are high, and the lows sink you in to the putts of despair. That's part of the beauty of the game, too. It's a game we'll never master, but will have those fleeting moments where all is right in the world.

I hope you keep with it, I know it's frustrating but I believe it'll click again and you'll be out there hitting the ball like your old self soon. 

• Like 7