Random Thread

ole gray

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

My household goods got delivered yesterday!  Some damages, and I now have a mountain of boxes to unpack, but we can finally settle in to a home and begin this next year in Carlisle PA!

Depending on how next weekend goes you’ll see if you ever want to golf with me again because of how much of a smarta$$ I am but I’m only an hour north of Carlisle

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Hoping that I’m making the right decision at 48 years old here. I’m planning on coming out of retirement and playing ice hockey again. I have not played in ~17 years but I think I can still pull it off. Fitted into and purchased new skates this morning and just finished ordering everything else that I need to get back on the ice. I figure that I have a month or so to get comfortable before league starts. Hockey and golf should be a good balance, right? 😂 

• Like 6

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

1 hour ago, ParFore74x said:

Hoping that I’m making the right decision at 48 years old here. I’m planning on coming out of retirement and playing ice hockey again. I have not played in ~17 years but I think I can still pull it off. Fitted into and purchased new skates this morning and just finished ordering everything else that I need to get back on the ice. I figure that I have a month or so to get comfortable before league starts. Hockey and golf should be a good balance, right? 😂 

It works I do it often

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ParFore74x said:

Hope it works out, but be careful!  I gave up comp volleyball and slo- and fast- pitch softball leagues at 45 years old.  It was tough getting ready for the next game.

I'll be watching the Injury thread...  😬

15 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It works I do it often

Are you 48?  😄

• Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Hope it works out, but be careful!  I gave up comp volleyball and slo- and fast- pitch softball leagues at 45 years old.  It was tough getting ready for the next game.

Are you 48?  😄

My body is worse than most 48 year olds because of how hard I have been on my body 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Are you 48?  😄

I’m still pretty active with other things so hopefully I’m not posting in the injury thread. 😮 😳 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

36 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

I’m still pretty active with other things so hopefully I’m not posting in the injury thread. 😮 😳 

You’ll figure it out! 

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My body is worse than most 48 year olds because of how hard I have been on my body 😂😂😂

Lots of people do not ralize it but Firefighting is hard on the body. Last time I did my physical certification I was 46 and my Captain was 48. Now I never did it as a career but did other stuff rough on the body like racing dirt track and riding hard tailed Harleys

• Like 5

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

You’ll figure it out! 

I had to post in the injury thread once and it darn sure was not by choice--- In fact that is a little white lie Grand Stranded posted about me. It has been a long road back but I am finally able to get out and play 4 or 5 times a week now pain free. Some of my fellow Members wives at the club have dubbed me "The Comeback Man"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I had to post in the injury thread once and it darn sure was not by choice--- In fact that is a little white lie Grand Stranded posted about me. It has been a long road back but I am finally able to get out and play 4 or 5 times a week now pain free. Some of my fellow Members wives at the club have dubbed me "The Comeback Man"

I was taking a walk this morning B4 it got too Hot and one of my neighbors who had a knee replacement a year ago June was getting his morning paper. He was amazed that after 59 days since my knee replacement I was walking around pretty good and playing some golf.  His knee was huge, twice the size of his good knee.  Some people I guess heal better and possibly health care comes into play.  He hasn’t touched a club in 1.5 years.

Stu, we’re pretty lucky!

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I was taking a walk this morning B4 it got too Hot and one of my neighbors who had a knee replacement a year ago June was getting his morning paper. He was amazed that after 59 days since my knee replacement I was walking around pretty good and playing some golf.  His knee was huge, twice the size of his good knee.  Some people I guess heal better and possibly health care comes into play.  He hasn’t touched a club in 1.5 years.

Stu, we’re pretty lucky!

Absolutely--- Evertime I play no matter how good or bad I am thankful to be able to attempt to play. There were times I thought I would have to give it up completely. My swing changes back in March and April were a last ditch effort that thankfully worked

• Like 3

22 hours ago, tommc23 said:

It's not the age it's the mileage 😂

Edited by MyWifesSwingCoach
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

5 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Mine was getting that way towards end of military career about that age - some life adventure directions are not easy on the body causing damage we don't realize or notice until things start not working as well as they used to - like joints and things connected to them 😅 details sure to be shared next weekend...

Hope so too!  Keep going with what you want to do with Use it or Lose it being an all too real thing 😕

The problem is I’m 34 with joints of someone twice my age 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Powerlifting does that to you

• Sad 4

19 hours ago, tommc23 said:

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.  😂

I don’t want to hit 75 I won’t be able to move 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Uh Oh!  Now I've gone and done it!  Sorry!  

When I was your age, I wasn't even thinking about age 75.  🤣

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Uh Oh!  Now I've gone and done it!  Sorry!  

When I was your age, I wasn't even thinking about age 75.  🤣

Heck with my job I see 99 year old folks who are better off than 40 year old people

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

That’s what I thought also!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

I received a nice surprise on Instagram today. The folks at GolfWRX ran a giveaway of a StrackaLine Yardage Book and I won a yardage book of my home course. Does anyone have experience with their yardage books? 

E52343DE-2031-4127-8E4A-41C9EC2B9659.jpeg.a43f2ac5344ff167d93c61233069c95d.jpeg

• Like 1

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

PXG 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide 

Ping G410 Crossover 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway MD3 54°/12° S Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Callaway MD3 58°/09° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Clicgear 3.5+

15 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I received a nice surprise on Instagram today. The folks at GolfWRX ran a giveaway of a StrackaLine Yardage Book and I won a yardage book of my home course. Does anyone have experience with their yardage books? 

E52343DE-2031-4127-8E4A-41C9EC2B9659.jpeg.a43f2ac5344ff167d93c61233069c95d.jpeg

Checked all my local courses they have nothing for them. Hopefully they have your home course