Random Thread

ole gray

34 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Just hit my 4 year anniversary in February and I have to redo the whole hiring process from the written all the way to the interview.

I meant how much time do you have to get ready for the physical agility test and what do you have to do to pass the test.   

• Like 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

If you have never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket… you are one lucky SOB.  Probably the absolute worst ear pain/headache I’ve ever had in my life.

Welcome home to Michigan… 🤦🏼‍♂️

I've never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket, and that's gotta hurt. But I was stung in the foot and ended up in the ER. Now I carry an Epipen and I keep three in my golf bag.

• Like 6

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2

Fairway Woods: Tour Edge 3-5-7 E521

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R

On 7/3/2022 at 6:17 AM, BIG STU said:

Yeah I am taking a break from a certain thread and a certain guy---- And I am thinking of putting him on ignore again and if those in power do not do something on him I may be off here permantally. I have never had any trouble from any member on here and do not need someone being sarcastic or trying to argue on everything I post

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I understand completely which is why I have stayed away from replies that might egg him on.

As far as Independence Day...

IMG_2672.JPG.0dfb7e7b3f596c506a4b7e58a117a15c.JPG

Ignore list has grown by 2. One should have been done a couple years ago and the other was just time.

Theres another 1-2 that are close to getting added

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

There is always more to learn; no one knows everything.  

Absolutely--- I learn something on here or WRX everytime I fire up this infernal machine. I also learn a lot by applying theory to practical things. ometimes success sometimes failure. I have a staff bag full of failed wedge grinds and another one full of club shaft combos

• Like 7

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

10 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I've never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket, and that's gotta hurt. But I was stung in the foot and ended up in the ER. Now I carry an Epipen and I keep three in my golf bag.

Worst I ever got stung was by a yellow jacket that got between my motorcycle helmet and my head while riding up the road at 70 MPH. In those days in NC you had to wear a helmet on a motorcycle but no specs. I ran an old Easy Rider Captain America helmet with no liner with just the top foam pad in it and I had long hair then too. That SOB stung me about 5 times before I stopped and got him out or rather squashed him in my hair. Man my head hurt for 2 days but I never swole up or had any allergic effects

• Sad 8

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

11 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Have a month until the first attempt but until October to pass it. It’s called CPAT it’s a whole test that’s standard for firefighters 

They had just started it for volunteers just before I quit to come down here to live. In SC you had the fire Academy involved ($$$$$) plus OSHA and ISO. I was in good physical shape then and passed it at 42 yoa. My Chief at 48 yoa passed it too. LOL we used to work circles around the younger guys on a working structural fire. Man I have went to crap in the last 22 years not just from breaking my back either. Back in those days I was in good shape because I drove race cars and working on big diesel trucks plus running a lot of fire calls. When i moved down here I got lazy and out of shape

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

They had just started it for volunteers just before I quit to come down here to live. In SC you had the fire Academy involved ($$$$$) plus OSHA and ISO. I was in good physical shape then and passed it at 42 yoa. My Chief at 48 yoa passed it too. LOL we used to work circles around the younger guys on a working structural fire. Man I have went to crap in the last 22 years not just from breaking my back either. Back in those days I was in good shape because I drove race cars and working on big diesel trucks plus running a lot of fire calls. When i moved down here I got lazy and out of shape

Oh I passed it before the stair stepper is what gets people to fail. I’ll pass it again just doing what I can to make my career last as long as possible 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's a process for sure!  I started when I was 44; never hit a golf ball before.  Watched golf on TV and thought "That looks easy." 😂   Now at 75 I wish that I had started playing when I was in school; it was so difficult to learn back then since we only had one golf course and it was private.  

And some of the things I've learned, turned out to be flat out wrong.  They might be OK for some people, but they weren't for me, so had to start over.  

We have similar paths to golf.  I started in my late 40’s also mainly due to work.  Now at 75 it’s part of my life but in a recreational way.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I was stung by a yellow jacket in the neck about 15 years ago (60yrs).  We were walking, bag carrying and I was in a bit of trouble with a allergic reaction.  One of the guys had Benadryl and something else (?).  Took the Benadryl and it took some time but it turned out Ok. Sure am glad my my buddy had the Benadryl.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I carry Benadryl. in my golf bag. Got stung on my lip once - swelled up like someone slammed me with their fist. .Note I also carry a liquid analgesic product (forgot the brand) in my Florida bag for those pesky fire ants.   

FIRE ANTS😱, they are nasty!!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I carry Benadryl. in my golf bag. Got stung on my lip once - swelled up like someone slammed me with their fist. .Note I also carry a liquid analgesic product (forgot the brand) in my Florida bag for those pesky fire ants.   

In general I'm  not allergic to bee or wasp stings. That was untill I moved to TN. They have what is called a paper wasp which I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to their sting. I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mit and my right hand was normal. It felt like the skin was going to split wide open. Couldn't bend anything. Went to the doctors and got shots, pills, and some cream. Now if I get stung I treat it like a snake bite. Suck out the poison with a suction device and take a benadryl.

And in any video I take on the golf course you will here me sniffle. For someone who loves to golf, I have a grass allergy. Not bad but enough for the sniffles. So apologies for the sniffles.

• Like 7

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In general I'm  not allergic to bee or wasp stings. That was untill I moved to TN. They have what is called a paper wasp which I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to their sting. I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mit and my right hand was normal. It felt like the skin was going to split wide open. Couldn't bend anything. Went to the doctors and got shots, pills, and some cream. Now if I get stung I treat it like a snake bite. Suck out the poison with a suction device and take a benadryl.

And in any video I take on the golf course you will here me sniffle. For someone who loves to golf, I have a grass allergy. Not bad but enough for the sniffles. So apologies for the sniffles.

Stay away from those Wasps!!

Yup, I have bad allergies also and take Flucasitone, works somewhat.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

21 hours ago, chisag said:

... a democracy is dependent on different views and while I may disagree, I understand accepting differences is the foundation of a free society

Well said, Sir and .. today being July 4th .. quite apropos... 👍🇺🇲🎉

• Like 4
  • Love 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

..I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mitt

When my wife and I moved to our current house, about 8 years ago, I was cleaning up in the yard and suddenly something *HIT* my arm .. like YEEOWWWCH!!!!

Didn't see any bees, wasps, anything and the next day yep my arm swelled to twice its size... Nearest I or anyone could guess it was probably a Brown Recluse - two small puncture marks close to each other. Nasty!

• Sad 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

When my wife and I moved to our current house, about 8 years ago, I was cleaning up in the yard and suddenly something *HIT* my arm .. like YEEOWWWCH!!!!

Didn't see any bees, wasps, anything and the next day yep my arm swelled to twice its size... Nearest I or anyone could guess it was probably a Brown Recluse - two small puncture marks close to each other. Nasty!

Wow, you never know what can happen.  We all have to be careful.  Lucky it wasn’t worse!!  

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

BTW sucking out snake venom isn’t suggested or a treatment of snake bites anymore just a FYI .

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

BTW sucking out snake venom isn’t suggested or a treatment of snake bites anymore just a FYI .

Well at least I was never snake bit. Thank goodness. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"