Random Thread

ole gray

20 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

With the old app - if you blocked someone you could see their name but not the content of the message. 

I’ve got 2 Friday Bacon Boyz I’d like to block……

• Haha 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sunscreen and bugspray caution for damage to grass was something new for me last weekend when reminded by @Golfspy_CG2 and ran across this poignant reminder and graphic warning by one of my local courses.  TRIGGER WARNING for those sensitive to scenes of damage to curated grounds. 

Screenshot_20220814-080610_Facebook.jpg.bbf6a977ed2d483001d75cf7c1ce348b.jpg

Put it on at the vehicle in the parking lot, paved surfaces and gravel will appreciate the herbicidal application. 

Thanks for posting this!  Years ago in CT the Greenskeeper posted similar to this about BugSpray and Sunscreen. Since then I always apply in parking lot.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

22 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

image.png.0077379a6eb795971dc3d783bc3bd743.pngAnother milestone! 

Already Crushed image.png.7b1444a599c15cd1156ce4350c594536.png

Well you got a few more likes now, you’re getting closer to 1000 posts

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, tony@CIC said:

A non running 57 MGA that's been sitting in my garage for the past 10 years. Needed a complete frame off restoration. Based on estimates for body work, painting, mechanical etc. the cost far exceeded the value of the car in excellent condition. The guy who bought it is a 'hobbyist' that does all of that work himself. Even with the work required I still got a great price for it. 

Well, this post is especially for @tony@CIC.......................... today for me was a NO GOLF day, as there was a car  show in Rochester, MI (home of Leader Dogs) put on by the local Lion's Club with all proceeds donated to the Dogs. There were about 300 cars in attendance, and all entry fees went directly to the Dogs, as well as any 50/50 ticket money. They raised about $9000.00 today.

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TSi3 10 degree  - Ventus Black 5S & TS3 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged - Nippon Modus 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phantom  X 5

Ball: Pro V1

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Well, this post is especially for @tony@CIC.......................... today for me was a NO GOLF day, as there was a car  show in Rochester, MI (home of Leader Dogs) put on by the local Lion's Club with all proceeds donated to the Dogs. There were about 300 cars in attendance, and all entry fees went directly to the Dogs, as well as any 50/50 ticket money. They raised about $9000.00 today.

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

I’ll take the 55 BRG please!  They are all great looking cars!

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

They just don't make cars with the style they used to.

Robert, it looks like you had a good time there and I think it's great the Lions Club put this show on in support of Leader Dogs. That's a great amount of money raised for such a wonderful charity. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The only reason I ever go to this event is because of the money they raise for Leader Dogs.

I try to participate or support most events which support that charity as what they provide those less fortunate who are unable to see for absolutely free is an amazing thing. They only get funds from private type donations, no government support at all. They raised about $9000.00 total today as all of the proceeds were donated directly to Leader Dogs.

I have gone to this event for many years and any awards are "People's Choice" where the general public walking around get ballots and fill them in for the cars they think should win.

This wasn't a wasted day for me and taking my car there for the event either. 😀

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TSi3 10 degree  - Ventus Black 5S & TS3 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 

11 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sunscreen and bugspray caution for damage to grass was something new for me last weekend when reminded by @Golfspy_CG2 and ran across this poignant reminder and graphic warning by one of my local courses.  TRIGGER WARNING for those sensitive to scenes of damage to curated grounds. 

Put it on at the vehicle in the parking lot, paved surfaces and gravel will appreciate the herbicidal application. 

Wow, good to know. I never thought about this but shame on me for not as I usually apply sunscreen in my driveway before heading to the course and I see a version of this on the asphalt. I will be sure to reapply on cart paths from now on when needed.

• Like 6

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

PXG 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide 

Ping G410 Crossover 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway MD3 54°/12° S Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Callaway MD3 58°/09° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Clicgear 3.5+

17 hours ago, rkj427 said:

car  show in Rochester, MI

The old English sports cars are sooo cool .. they really deserve the moniker motorcars 👍

My Dad had a baby blue TR2 convertible .. until he got married... 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

On 8/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, EasyPutter said:

If it does this to grass, why do I want it on my skin?  

I'm also concerned about the "blue stuff" the greenskeeper puts on greens that my ball and putter pick up.  I don't eat snacks on those days.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm also concerned about the "blue stuff" the greenskeeper puts on greens that my ball and putter pick up.  I don't eat snacks on those days.

that is why i either go super early in the morning, or wear sleeves, or use mineral based sunscreens

• Like 6

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 8/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, EasyPutter said:

Wow. That is absolutely bonkers. Had no idea. 

Reminds me of an incident at a club I worked at while in college ... a member developed a rash and blisters around his lips. Turned out it was from him placing his cigar down on the fringe portion of the putting green during his round. 

• Sad 7

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

17 hours ago, rkj427 said:

The only reason I ever go to this event is because of the money they raise for Leader Dogs.

I try to participate or support most events which support that charity as what they provide those less fortunate who are unable to see for absolutely free is an amazing thing. They only get funds from private type donations, no government support at all. They raised about $9000.00 total today as all of the proceeds were donated directly to Leader Dogs.

I have gone to this event for many years and any awards are "People's Choice" where the general public walking around get ballots and fill them in for the cars they think should win.

This wasn't a wasted day for me and taking my car there for the event either. 😀

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

Love your Vette--- In the past I have had 2 big block Vettes both 69 models. One was original and the other one was a butcher job. The butcher job was originally a 350 auto and someone did a butcher job installing a 427 4 speed but I bought it for a song and dance and it was basically a rat rod. Believe it or not that was the one stolen in like 79 with my golf clubs in it. My original 427 was all factory and I bought it cheap when I was in the Navy from a Pilot transferring out overseas. I drove it 2 years and took care of it and a guy offered me twice what I paid for it. Had to let it go at that price. My last Vette in like 86 was a 77 model anemic as heck with a puny low power 350 and auto but it was a looker and the ladies loved it. Out of all of my Vettes the butcher job was my favorite. It was built and had plenty of power but was dependable as heck. I drove it to Florida several times. It was a brute with no AC but did have T Tops

• Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The blue stuff is more than likely dye where they can keep their spray patterns up but I would say it can not be good for you along with whatever they are spraying. 

• Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Wow. That is absolutely bonkers. Had no idea. 

Reminds me of an incident at a club I worked at while in college ... a member developed a rash and blisters around his lips. Turned out it was from him placing his cigar down on the fringe portion of the putting green during his round. 

Dammedest thing I ever heard happened in Charlotte a few years back. This guy used to walk like 9 in the afternoons and played barefooted. He got really sick and the Docs had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with him. They finally found out somehow he had stepped in Goose poop and some kind of parasite got into his system through the soles of his feet. Once they figured that out they got him healed rather quickly.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

38 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Dammedest thing I ever heard happened in Charlotte a few years back. This guy used to walk like 9 in the afternoons and played barefooted. He got really sick and the Docs had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with him. They finally found out somehow he had stepped in Goose poop and some kind of parasite got into his system through the soles of his feet. Once they figured that out they got him healed rather quickly.

Now that’s weird.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The blue is most likely a dye to ensure complete coverage of insecticide, fertilizer etc

• Like 5

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

49 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am now regretting some of my earlier choices of going barefoot...

• Like 5

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Love your Vette--- In the past I have had 2 big block Vettes both 69 models. One was original and the other one was a butcher job. The butcher job was originally a 350 auto and someone did a butcher job installing a 427 4 speed but I bought it for a song and dance and it was basically a rat rod. Believe it or not that was the one stolen in like 79 with my golf clubs in it. My original 427 was all factory and I bought it cheap when I was in the Navy from a Pilot transferring out overseas. I drove it 2 years and took care of it and a guy offered me twice what I paid for it. Had to let it go at that price. My last Vette in like 86 was a 77 model anemic as heck with a puny low power 350 and auto but it was a looker and the ladies loved it. Out of all of my Vettes the butcher job was my favorite. It was built and had plenty of power but was dependable as heck. I drove it to Florida several times. It was a brute with no AC but did have T Tops

Stu, here is a '67 427 original that was there yesterday..................... this car was beautiful and won the award for the C1 & C2 generation class.

Thank you for the compliment on mine as well! 👍

67 427.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Here is a '69 roadster and a '70 coupe that were there, both were small block engine vehicles

69 roadster.jpg

70 coupe.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3