Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

The blue is most likely a dye to ensure complete coverage of insecticide, fertilizer etc

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

The blue stuff is more than likely dye where they can keep their spray patterns up but I would say it can not be good for you along with whatever they are spraying. 

Yeah, I assume as much.  I think the "whatever they are spraying" is a fungicide.  Whatever, I don't like it on my ball or putter... kinda sticky.  Seems to work though; best looking greens this time of the year since I've been a member.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's Monday.  I get to the range around 10:30am; practice pitching a few ball onto the pitching green to warm up.  Doesn't take long at 90º.  😂

I head to the range for my full swing drills.  Range is pretty full; some people warming up with a small bucket before their tee time, some with a large bucket that will be there for awhile.  Most all of them are younger; everyone is younger than I am, but I'm looking at 20-40 year-old men and women.  It's Monday; it's 10:45...  except when I was on business travel, I worked from 7am to 4pm M-F for 46 years in this town.  Apparently, I was an idiot.  I could have being playing golf!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

...... Apparently, I was an idiot. 

Excuse me sir....

It's 90* ... It's 11:00 so it's only going to get hotter....

And you are on the range beating balls....

You mistakenly used the past tense of the verb in that sentence!!

🤣

Although I have to give you credit for an improvement in my putting over the last month or so since I started looking at a spot on my line instead of the ball.  I know you do this and figured I would try it since I was frustrated with my putting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's Monday.  I get to the range around 10:30am; practice pitching a few ball onto the pitching green to warm up.  Doesn't take long at 90º.  😂

I head to the range for my full swing drills.  Range is pretty full; some people warming up with a small bucket before their tee time, some with a large bucket that will be there for awhile.  Most all of them are younger; everyone is younger than I am, but I'm looking at 20-40 year-old men and women.  It's Monday; it's 10:45...  except when I was on business travel, I worked from 7am to 4pm M-F for 46 years in this town.  Apparently, I was an idiot.  I could have being playing golf!!

Probably happened in the last few years with COVID ramping up a lot of places for telecommuting.  I know a few of my lunch breaks have been spent at the range or chipping/putting at the nearest golf course.

• Like 6

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Stars

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, I assume as much.  I think the "whatever they are spraying" is a fungicide.  Whatever, I don't like it on my ball or putter... kinda sticky.  Seems to work though; best looking greens this time of the year since I've been a member.

Actually the sticky stuff is added just to do that be sticky as not to let the chemical or fertilizer run off its intended surface

• Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

10 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Probably happened in the last few years with COVID ramping up a lot of places for telecommuting.  I know a few of my lunch breaks have been spent at the range or chipping/putting at the nearest golf course.

One of my golf buds is a regional manager for a major retail company. They did have an office here before the pandemic.They shut it down and he worked on his computer from home. They decided it was cheaper to keep the office closed so now he works from home all the time. He lives on the 2nd hole of our course. Only drawback for him is he basically has to work during normal retail business hours so he can not sneak out in the mornings and it has been too darn hot and humid lately to play the afternoon . Some mornings I slip by and have a cup of coffee with him

• Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

58 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yeah, that's it... 5 hour lunch breaks!!  Most of them we headed to the 1st tee after they hit their balls.  

It did start with COVID; prior to that, the course was empty after 10am except for a few of us old guys.  Now you can't get a tee time before 3pm.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Excuse me sir....

It's 90* ... It's 11:00 so it's only going to get hotter....

And you are on the range beating balls....

You mistakenly used the past tense of the verb in that sentence!!

🤣

Although I have to give you credit for an improvement in my putting over the last month or so since I started looking at a spot on my line instead of the ball.  I know you do this and figured I would try it since I was frustrated with my putting.

90º is cool here... it's dry remember?  The hottest time of the day is 4-5pm.  106-108º on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm leaving for the Oregon Coast where the high is only going to be 65º with low at night of 55º..

Glad you are putting better, although I don't look at a spot on the line... I look at the hole.  At least I'm not looking at the ball!!  I can lag long putts pretty well judging the distance by looking at where I want the ball to end up.  However, when I look at the ball, I seem forget the distance and sometimes I only putt the ball about halfway!!  Whatever works I guess.

EDIT:  Oh yeah... FYI... I am NOT a sir.  I am El Conquistador.  😂  (look it up on Bob and Tom if you don't know that one.)

• Like 6

I’ve been playing golf off and on for over 30 years but never really took it seriously until last year when purchased a Monday through Friday membership at my local course. I’ve also never pursued getting an official handicap. Well that changed recently as my membership includes access to the USGA GHIN. I now have a GHIN number and am posting scores. My golf journey has taken another step. ☺️

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

PXG 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide 

Ping G410 Crossover 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway MD3 54°/12° S Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Callaway MD3 58°/09° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Clicgear 3.5+

On 8/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, BIG STU said:

Dammedest thing I ever heard happened in Charlotte a few years back. This guy used to walk like 9 in the afternoons and played barefooted. He got really sick and the Docs had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with him. They finally found out somehow he had stepped in Goose poop and some kind of parasite got into his system through the soles of his feet. Once they figured that out they got him healed rather quickly.

With the aggressive chemicals used today, goose poop, and gravel cart paths, , going barefoot is a big no for me. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/20/2022 at 9:41 PM, Lacassem said:

My brother planned my sister in laws 30th tonight was a blast.

hibachi for an early dinner, Sochi for all, Mai tais, ice luge and yard games. Awesome night.

EB907B1B-9FE9-4061-BED7-744033D01792.jpeg

8BC07DC3-5147-4B05-8DA2-2F09C87A17BC.jpeg

33208977-EFE1-44D5-8AA7-F6CF51625CF3.jpeg

026175D7-5B52-4FEA-98E6-536525F58A9A.jpeg

8D77561F-59B0-4296-B1FA-9018FC0AA6F6.jpeg

He got some big points on the board for that party. She'll have fond memories for a long time. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

On 8/21/2022 at 6:32 PM, tommc23 said:

I’ve been doing a deep dive into Jim’s YouTube. Today I found this gem and dang this was a cool video to watch now I’m jealous of @McGolf and his trip a few years ago.

That's a cool video, thx for passing it along. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

21 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That's a cool video, thx for passing it along. 

Had to Jim has some really cool videos but this may be the most interesting one I found so far

• Like 3

On 8/21/2022 at 6:32 PM, tommc23 said:

I’ve been doing a deep dive into Jim’s YouTube. Today I found this gem and dang this was a cool video to watch now I’m jealous of @McGolf and his trip a few years ago.

I’ve been a fan of Jim’s for awhile now and have sent him some club repairs over the years since discovering his YouTube channel. Love supporting fellow veterans and small businesses. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

PXG 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide 

Ping G410 Crossover 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway MD3 54°/12° S Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Callaway MD3 58°/09° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Clicgear 3.5+

3 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I’ve been a fan of Jim’s for awhile now and have sent him some club repairs over the years since discovering his YouTube channel. Love supporting fellow veterans and small businesses. 

I definitely love supporting small businesses. I am thinking about going out and doing a fitting with him this fall

• Like 9

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 9° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-5S

Ping G410 3 wood 16° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

PXG 0211 19.5° 7 wood w/Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 40 5.0

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Taylormade Spider X putter

WOW, don't miss a week or 2 months of this thread.  Took me nearly 3 hours to work through and kinda sorta get caught up. 

Living in Oregon I hope Shankster got his house under control. I have a neighbor that plays Highlands quit often. Fun little course for not a lot of $$. If they could keep the elk off the greens they would be damn good. Gearhart links is a nice track and they are proud of it. They have made really nice changes but the cost is getting up there. 

• Like 5

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter