Jump to content

Random Thread


ole gray

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Interesting last 5 days with Gkids;   
20 year old Gdaughter back to Villanova.  
18 year old Gdaughter to Sacred Heart.   
17 year old Gdaughter to Providence.   
16 year old Gson got his drivers license 

whew, lots of Face Time going on!!!!

That's awesome except for the college tuition payments and the insurance $$ for the 16 yr. old grandson. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That's awesome except for the college tuition payments and the insurance $$ for the 16 yr. old grandson. 

Tuition for 3 private Catholic Colleges😱

I’m not sure what the auto insurance is with these Kids and I’m afraid to ask.  
Unfortunately we do know what the College costs are per year!!! 
The colleges were pretty good with what they offered but still pretty ridiculous.  


 

  • Like 6

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cart accident in neighbor backyard.  Don’t think he was wearing his seatbelt.

72C422E4-BF3F-42A7-9B56-C3588F7EE187.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Cart accident in neighbor backyard.  Don’t think he was wearing his seatbelt.

72C422E4-BF3F-42A7-9B56-C3588F7EE187.jpeg

IMG_3933.MOV

Officer, that tree just jumped out and hit my cart. 

  • Haha 5

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Officer, that tree just jumped out and hit my cart. 

Honest Officer I only had 1 beer after golf, Birdie Juice nooooooo😱

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a lot of people, including my FIL, who should not be allow behind the wheel of anything.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattF said:

There's a lot of people, including my FIL, who should not be allow behind the wheel of anything.

Yup, I had to take my Dads car away from him.  He thought Stop Signs and Signal Lights were a suggestion.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MattF said:

There's a lot of people, including my FIL, who should not be allow behind the wheel of anything.

 

52 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, I had to take my Dads car away from him.  He thought Stop Signs and Signal Lights were a suggestion.

Double Yup...

A few years back I had to have that discussion with my dad.  Not only was his vision real bad (bad vision in one eye and mostly blind in the other) but he fell asleep driving up main street and banged into a parked car.  Luckily no injuries as he was apparently only going about 5 mph at the time.  I can't imagine the impatience of somebody following him up that street at 5mph  🙄  until they saw him drift into the other car!  🥴

I had the discussion with him previously but of course his response was I was an idiot and he was fine.  After that accident I asked how he would feel if he had drifted into the opposing lane and took out a minivan with a mom and 4 kids.  That had the intended effect and he quit driving at that point.

Then he started walking to the store a block away and that opened a whole other can of potential issues!  He would get ride offers from people and he would take them up on it.  Miraculously he never got hit by a car, robbed or had somebody follow him into the house and tie him & mom up while they ransacked the place.  There were plenty of family to give him a ride and there were weekly shopping trips with family but he would still go on his walks to get something that in his mind just couldn't wait.  He was a trip, just passed away in June and I miss him and his "adventures".  I warned my kid that this behavior is genetic!!  😂

  • Like 8

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

 

Double Yup...

A few years back I had to have that discussion with my dad.  Not only was his vision real bad (bad vision in one eye and mostly blind in the other) but he fell asleep driving up main street and banged into a parked car.  Luckily no injuries as he was apparently only going about 5 mph at the time.  I can't imagine the impatience of somebody following him up that street at 5mph  🙄  until they saw him drift into the other car!  🥴

I had the discussion with him previously but of course his response was I was an idiot and he was fine.  After that accident I asked how he would feel if he had drifted into the opposing lane and took out a minivan with a mom and 4 kids.  That had the intended effect and he quit driving at that point.

Then he started walking to the store a block away and that opened a whole other can of potential issues!  He would get ride offers from people and he would take them up on it.  Miraculously he never got hit by a car, robbed or had somebody follow him into the house and tie him & mom up while they ransacked the place.  There were plenty of family to give him a ride and there were weekly shopping trips with family but he would still go on his walks to get something that in his mind just couldn't wait.  He was a trip, just passed away in June and I miss him and his "adventures".  I warned my kid that this behavior is genetic!!  😂

I like the genetic part!  Told my kids you may take my car away but never my cart!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

my journey on this path is coming shortly.  My daughter will be driving in a year or so. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet, LOL....I'm not sure Maryland is ready for that yet😂😀🤣 She's been talking about colleges and for years when she was fairly young always wanted to go to JMU in virginia.  Now she wants to go to the University of Florida or FSU...but it gets better. Again when she was young she wanted to go into pediatric neurology...then this past year she decided she wanted to be a personal shopper or bartender🤦‍♂️ . Let's just say I had a few drinks after that conversation...

 

MDGolfHacker

Good luck, she’s still young and a teenager 😱
Bartender….could end up in Congress, you never know!!!    
I was petrified when our daughters went to college but both did good.  I survived….kinda.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

She's been talking about colleges and for years when she was fairly young always wanted to go to JMU in virginia.  Now she wants to go to the University of Florida or FSU...

Do college tours; lots of college tours.  She will figure out what she likes and doesn't like and that will help shape her decision.  

  • Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

my journey on this path is coming shortly.  My daughter will be driving in a year or so. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet, LOL....I'm not sure Maryland is ready for that yet😂😀🤣 She's been talking about colleges and for years when she was fairly young always wanted to go to JMU in virginia.  Now she wants to go to the University of Florida or FSU...but it gets better. Again when she was young she wanted to go into pediatric neurology...then this past year she decided she wanted to be a personal shopper or bartender🤦‍♂️ . Let's just say I had a few drinks after that conversation...

 

MDGolfHacker

Stick with local colleges; easier to get home.  I don't think air travel is going to be much better in a few years.

  • Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Do college tours; lots of college tours.  She will figure out what she likes and doesn't like and that will help shape her decision.  

Got that right.  The more tours the better.  

  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Stick with local colleges; easier to get home.  I don't think air travel is going to be much better in a few years.

More great advice.  My kids limited travel to 2 hr car.  2 of the girls are 45 min & 1.5 hours.  Oldest is 3.5 hrs but Villanova gave her a deal and better change at med school.

 

  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

More great advice.  My kids limited travel to 2 hr car.  2 of the girls are 45 min & 1.5 hours.  Oldest is 3.5 hrs but Villanova gave her a deal and better change at med school.

 

My daughter is a little over 3 hours.  Far enough that she doesn't come home every weekend but close enough to go for a day trip.  

  • Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

My daughter is a little over 3 hours.  Far enough that she doesn't come home every weekend but close enough to go for a day trip.  

3hours can work depending on transportation. Gdaughter catches train in Philly to New Haven.  Not a bad ride.

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...