Jump to content

Random Thread


ole gray

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Had to turn my heat on today. Mid 40’s and pouring down rain and my house was 58 when I got home from a quick overtime shift. It’s cold but I was in the rain all day maybe that’s why I had to turn it on. I wanted to golf today but pouring down rain in the 40’s is pushing it even for a fat kid like me.

Whaaaat??!?!?!!!!   I had you up on a pedestal, a Nov 1 holdout like I would love to be......

and you only held out 8 hours longer than me from turning on the furnace?!?!  😩

😆

  • Haha 5

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Whaaaat??!?!?!!!!   I had you up on a pedestal, a Nov 1 holdout like I would love to be......

and you only held out 8 hours longer than me from turning on the furnace?!?!  😩

😆

It’s set to a whopping 60 degrees just so it’s not in the 50’s in my house. I’ll be in Maine for November 1 so my house will be set to 58 since I won’t be home

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It’s set to a whopping 60 degrees just so it’s not in the 50’s in my house. I’ll be in Maine for November 1 so my house will be set to 58 since I won’t be home

I got the house up to 68 (ok just the kitchen and dining room) by leaving the stove open after cooking this evening…..that counts for something right?!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I got the house up to 68 (ok just the kitchen and dining room) by leaving the stove open after cooking this evening…..that counts for something right?!

People in the city I work heat their houses with their gas stoves, job security 

  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

People in the city I work heat their houses with their gas stoves, job security 

A friend of mines parents used to do that…..even at 10 I knew that was a bad idea

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

A friend of mines parents used to do that…..even at 10 I knew that was a bad idea

I’m probably as old as your Buddy’s parents and remember that well.  
When I was growing up heat was coal fired furnace, this was every house.  When oil fired furnaces came in it was a freakin luxury!   
It was cool being a kid watching the coal delivery to the house basement!  We lived about 1 mile from the coal tower where the train delivered the coal.  
Parents/Grandparents need to pass on their experiences better.

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’m probably as old as your Buddy’s parents and remember that well.  
When I was growing up heat was coal fired furnace, this was every house.  When oil fired furnaces came in it was a freakin luxury!   
It was cool being a kid watching the coal delivery to the house basement!  We lived about 1 mile from the coal tower where the train delivered the coal.  
Parents/Grandparents need to pass on their experiences better.

They are about 60 now. They had steam radiators, they literally just didn’t want to pay for the oil and thought this would be cheaper but in reality it’s not. Better to maintain a temp throughout the house than crank the stove.

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

They are about 60 now. They had steam radiators, they literally just didn’t want to pay for the oil and thought this would be cheaper but in reality it’s not. Better to maintain a temp throughout the house than crank the stove.

See the people in the city do it because they spend their money on drugs or alcohol not just because they are cheap. Addicts only ever have that one thing on their mind

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

See the people in the city do it because they spend their money on drugs or alcohol not just because they are cheap. Addicts only ever have that one thing on their mind

Oh Jease yea, they aren’t heating they are just passing out….whoops forgot the stove was on

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

They are about 60 now. They had steam radiators, they literally just didn’t want to pay for the oil and thought this would be cheaper but in reality it’s not. Better to maintain a temp throughout the house than crank the stove.

OOPS, maybe your  buddy grandparent….

  • Haha 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just bought a new house...on a golf course. This is a little weird, because it's one of my least liked courses in the area! (Pebble Creek, Cincinnati, above the 15th green) However, it's otherwise a great fit for us: major downsize (house and lot), one level living, right area (only a mile from our current place, and we love the area), friends right across the street, good price (we expect to net out a small profit after we sell our current house), and we got a great mortgage rate (4.45%). We will be doing some remodeling to suit our tastes, and that will more than take any net profit we make after the two closings.

Perhaps the most remarkable thing is that we made our offer without my wife ever being in the house. She's on an extended trip to help her mother move. This house came up, and at the open house Saturday I walked through with my phone on video moving it around to her orders. She thoroughly quizzed the agent, and was pleased with the answers. We knew there was no way the house would not sell before she came home (10th), and she made the decision to make an offer. I am quite stunned that she felt comfortable enough to do this, and I pray that she doesn't have any regrets once she actually sees it.

  • Like 7

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m probably as old as your Buddy’s parents and remember that well.  
When I was growing up heat was coal fired furnace, this was every house.  When oil fired furnaces came in it was a freakin luxury!   
It was cool being a kid watching the coal delivery to the house basement!  We lived about 1 mile from the coal tower where the train delivered the coal.  
Parents/Grandparents need to pass on their experiences better.

Nothing feels better or warms quicker than coming in from outside work on a cold Feb day and standing in front of a 650* coal stoker that is cranking out 100,000 btu's!  

image.jpeg.898856d23c38a6520fe20134f72039e0.jpeg

My grandparents house had the basement coal bin that was filled thru the front window.  It was a little dusty down there though.  They used the larger 'nut' or 'stove' size coal that had to be shoveled.  Since we use smaller chips of 'rice' coal I came up with a fix for the dust issue by having an outside coal bin and using my shop vac to move the coal through a 2" pipe to an inside barrel over the coal hopper.  It works like a solids separator on a dust collector so no coal dust in the basement!  

  • Like 5

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Nothing feels better or warms quicker than coming in from outside work on a cold Feb day and standing in front of a 650* coal stoker that is cranking out 100,000 btu's!  

image.jpeg.898856d23c38a6520fe20134f72039e0.jpeg

My grandparents house had the basement coal bin that was filled thru the front window.  It was a little dusty down there though.  They used the larger 'nut' or 'stove' size coal that had to be shoveled.  Since we use smaller chips of 'rice' coal I came up with a fix for the dust issue by having an outside coal bin and using my shop vac to move the coal through a 2" pipe to an inside barrel over the coal hopper.  It works like a solids separator on a dust collector so no coal dust in the basement!  

Every house in my area has coal bins in them

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, Lacassem said:

Oil heat is the worst.

 

It's the second worst. When I was a kid I had to shovel coal into the furnace. I was happy when we switched to oil heat.

  • Like 4

Driver: PXG Gen5 0311 XF

Fairway Woods: PXG Gen 5 0311 XF 4 & 7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 & 25

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Nothing feels better or warms quicker than coming in from outside work on a cold Feb day and standing in front of a 650* coal stoker that is cranking out 100,000 btu's!  

image.jpeg.898856d23c38a6520fe20134f72039e0.jpeg

My grandparents house had the basement coal bin that was filled thru the front window.  It was a little dusty down there though.  They used the larger 'nut' or 'stove' size coal that had to be shoveled.  Since we use smaller chips of 'rice' coal I came up with a fix for the dust issue by having an outside coal bin and using my shop vac to move the coal through a 2" pipe to an inside barrel over the coal hopper.  It works like a solids separator on a dust collector so no coal dust in the basement!  

Yup, I remember the coal bins, the fire and coal delivery which all neighborhood kids loved to watch.  
My Dad and my uncle dug out the basement (it was dirt) had concrete floor pored and then converted to oil furnace.  I’m figuring 1950-1952.  My cousins and me obviously helped 😱.  
Different age and time.

  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

My Dad and my uncle dug out the basement (it was dirt) had concrete floor pored and then converted to oil furnace.  I’m figuring 1950-1952.  My cousins and me obviously helped 😱.  
Different age and time.

One of the houses we moved in to when I was a kid had a coal bin .. and yeah a lotta black dust! .. in the basement, but someone else previously had put in an oil-fired central furnace. And presumably the concrete floor, too!

The walls in that room were still that older rough stone mix, though, and would crumble if you rubbed it .. so my Dad and I covered the inside with ThoroSeal, I think it was called, to well seal from outside moisture seepage and form a "skin" to hold the stone mix in place. Fun times 🤪

  • Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who struggles with the mental part of the game, it really amazes me how during practice that part of my brain kicks off. I was chipping at the course today and was totally relaxed, getting creative, and just having fun. I was making some good shots, too. They weren't all perfect, but that didn't matter since all but two were still on the green. 

I've got to figure a way to get into that mindset on the course, maybe come up with some mini games to try. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

As someone who struggles with the mental part of the game, it really amazes me how during practice that part of my brain kicks off. I was chipping at the course today and was totally relaxed, getting creative, and just having fun. I was making some good shots, too. They weren't all perfect, but that didn't matter since all but two were still on the green. 

I've got to figure a way to get into that mindset on the course, maybe come up with some mini games to try. 

I have the most fun on days when I practice when I am working on my short game. I love to try new things, but also like to see how good I can get at the staples of my game.  More practice = more confidence and it will eventually work into your game on the course.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have the most fun on days when I practice when I am working on my short game. I love to try new things, but also like to see how good I can get at the staples of my game.  More practice = more confidence and it will eventually work into your game on the course.

Short game practice is probably my favorite form of practice. Today I was working on stock shots and experimenting on things I can and cannot do. I was hitting out of thick rough, over a bunker to a tight pin, flops, etc...

Not having the pressure to score really lets one just open up and have fun. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Short game practice is probably my favorite form of practice. Today I was working on stock shots and experimenting on things I can and cannot do. I was hitting out of thick rough, over a bunker to a tight pin, flops, etc...

Not having the pressure to score really lets one just open up and have fun. 

LOL!  I always spend time hitting out of thick rough over our practice bunker.  I've actually gotten pretty good with it; not good when I started doing it.

Coming into the ball from the inside on a pitch shot is a great way to practice full-swing shots; it's just a mini full-swing shot, and it's easier to sync-up the arms and body movements.  I started with my sand wedge, then moved up to my PW, then 9i...  as I improved.  If I started putting poor swings on a club, then I dropped back a club.  Once, I even went back to square one!!  🤣

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...