Random Thread

Our Sponsors

Got a funny good laugh out of this. Hope you do too:

IMG_7081.PNG

LET'S GO TIGER

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Okay, another poll...

Which winter olympic sport seems like it would be the most difficult?

I am going to go with figure skating. They have some really impressive stuff going!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'll go with short track speed skating. Everyone bunched up with pushing and shoving. One second you are leading the next you are taken out by the skater behind you.

Okay, another poll...

I am going to go with figure skating. They have some really impressive stuff going!

Tough call. I had a Gdaughter who had promise skating but chose Softball/Volleyball I believe cost was the big factor and she wanted more HS social sports so I know how tough that sport is.

Downhill skiing, Luge, Cross Country ski, Ski jumping, I guess they all have their big challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

If you haven't watched snowcross or skicross yet you should check it out.

It's a no holds barred race on snowboard / skis down a track.  Think BMX/Motocross racing but on skis/snowboard.

That, speed skating and downhill skiing are at the top of my list.

As far as the most beautiful sport - figure skating...without a doubt; very majestic.

• Like 2

Okay, another poll...

Isn't there like a decathlon on skis? I'd have to imagine that's the hardest because of all the disciplines needed.

• Like 1

Isn't there like a decathlon on skis? I'd have to imagine that's the hardest because of all the disciplines needed.

The closest I can think of is Biathlon: cross country skiing and shooting.

• Like 1

Okay, another poll...

I'm going with in the following order (mistakes leading to potentially death)

1. Tied for first skeleton or luge

2. Any downhill ski event

3. Snowboard (did you see the Japanese guy land on his back)

4. Mogul run*

* my kids and I were skiing down a mogul run at Heavenly in Lake Tahoe (many years ago) A guy can down behind us out of control (and yelling he was out of control) ended up hitting a tree head on killing him instantly. Afterwards we as a family decided we should buy helmets and stick to slopes within our skill level.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

There's a first time for everything...I'm getting my lies checked in about an hour before the annual Florida rumble with Foz and Rev tomorrow.

• Like 3

There's a first time for everything...I'm getting my lies checked in about an hour before the annual Florida rumble with Foz and Rev tomorrow.

Sounds like someone is getting ready to rumble

• Like 2

I'm going with in the following order (mistakes leading to potentially death)

1. Tied for first skeleton or luge

2. Any downhill ski event

3. Snowboard (did you see the Japanese guy land on his back)

4. Mogul run*

* my kids and I were skiing down a mogul run at Heavenly in Lake Tahoe (many years ago) A guy can down behind us out of control (and yelling he was out of control) ended up hitting a tree head on killing him instantly. Afterwards we as a family decided we should buy helmets and stick to slopes within our skill level.

I don't think I would ever ski again after witnessing that.

Have fun, weather is supposed to be beautiful

Decathlon is summer, consisting of a variety of track and field events. I believe the only "combined" sports event in winter is biathalon, skiing and shooting

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Decathlon is summer, consisting of a variety of track and field events. I believe the only "combined" sports event in winter is biathalon, skiing and shooting

If you get a chance to catch the end of the cross country skiing 15k, it's worth a look.

An incredibly grueling race that usually comes right down to the wire.

If you've ever skied cross country you know how hard it is and can appreciate what they've gone through.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Okay, another poll...

Depends what most difficult means. As in you screw and you're in the hospital or just tough to execute?

Hospital: any downhill skiing. As MGB100 mentioned the slopes don't look nearly as bad on TV vs in person and they're doing freeway speeds on basically ice.

Toughest to execute: Curling. Tried to twice and can barely balance using the broom, never mind the fractions of inches they play to.

• Like 1

Depends what most difficult means. As in you screw and you're in the hospital or just tough to execute?

Hospital: any downhill skiing. As MGB100 mentioned the slopes don't look nearly as bad on TV vs in person and they're doing freeway speeds on basically ice.

Toughest to execute: Curling. Tried to twice and can barely balance using the broom, never mind the fractions of inches they play to.

Interestingly I was reading a news article this morning about one of the US curling guys and his trashy shoes. Apparently an old pair of Sketcher walking shoes that far outlived there usefulness and are being held together by tape.

• Like 1

Anyone see this on Twitter? I had NO IDEA that Dechambeau has folks from Foresight tracking every shot in a practice round! Wow. That seems a LITTLE much...IMG_4802.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Anyone see this on Twitter? I had NO IDEA that Dechambeau has folks from Foresight tracking every shot in a practice round! Wow. That seems a LITTLE much...attachicon.gifIMG_4802.JPG

I mean I get it. If you've got the money to pay a team for that.... Why not?

But....... Is that even legal?

• Like 1

Anyone see this on Twitter? I had NO IDEA that Dechambeau has folks from Foresight tracking every shot in a practice round! Wow. That seems a LITTLE much...attachicon.gifIMG_4802.JPG

Dude is the Rain Man of golf.

But I believe he is doing it because he switched his ball to and has new irons so he wants to see what type of numbers he is getting with different clubs from various lies.

• Like 2

I mean I get it. If you've got the money to pay a team for that.... Why not?

But....... Is that even legal?

It's a practice round. Most players use laser rangefinders as well during their practice rounds. Really very little is off limits during them
  • Like 1

Talk about boring: sitting here listening to my daughter read her US History book as she does her homework. I'm it sure what she is trying to accomplish. Apparently she doesn't process information quietly

• Like 2