ole gray

Random Thread

Speaking of aliens and given this is a "random topic" thread.  My wife and I are expecting "alien" number three sometime this summer.  I am a strange mixture of excited, scared, confused, shocked and dumbfounded.

Given I am 42 years of age and my children are nearing their teenage years, this was certainly not planned.  But some of the best gifts in life come as a complete surprise!  

Heck I was 40 when my first and only child was born.   Three miscarriages prior to him being born so we felt fortunate for him to come along. It's definitely a challenge but very doable at the lordy lordy the old man's forty time in life.  Since you're an alien you'll have those extra fancy powers to get the job done. :D 

• Like 4

Heck I was 40 when my first and only child was born.   Three miscarriages prior to him being born so we felt fortunate for him to come along. It's definitely a challenge but very doable at the lordy lordy the old man's forty time in life.  Since you're an alien you'll have those extra fancy powers to get the job done. :D

I have always been a late bloomer for various reasons I won't go into here.  I will say, I was considered by the vast majority of my extended family to have "something wrong with me" because I didn't get married until 27 and didn't have my first child until 31.  

It's something of a "family tradition" to complete life stages out of natural sequence.   ;)

I did everything within my power to make sure that cycle didn't continue with me.

• Like 2

Speaking of aliens and given this is a "random topic" thread. My wife and I are expecting "alien" number three sometime this summer. I am a strange mixture of excited, scared, confused, shocked and dumbfounded.

Given I am 42 years of age and my children are nearing their teenage years, this was certainly not planned. But some of the best gifts in life come as a complete surprise!

Congratulations! Yeah it will suck having to go through the infant stage again (lack of sleep, strollers, diapers, etc (also one of my favorite stages with my kids)), but you have instant help with your older kids. My daughter is 9 and loves kids, made me think I should of waited until she was older to have the second.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Congratulations! Yeah it will suck having to go through the infant stage again (lack of sleep, strollers, diapers, etc (also one of my favorite stages with my kids)), but you have instant help with your older kids. My daughter is 9 and loves kids, made me think I should of waited until she was older to have the second.

MDGolfHacker

Thanks.  Both of my daughters are excited to have a baby around although my older daughter is not looking forward to the inevitability of someone mistaking her for being a young mother.  

As parents, we are having a little fun with that one though.  She has a great sense of humor and takes it in stride. 

• Like 3

My wife is baby sitting tonight at my stepson's house and I'm sitting home watching a movie called Platoon on amazon.   I'm freaking out because being a Vietnam Vet it's bringing back so many crazy memories.....   Wow!

• Like 1

My wife is baby sitting tonight at my stepson's house and I'm sitting home watching a movie called Platoon on amazon. I'm freaking out because being a Vietnam Vet it's bringing back so many crazy memories..... Wow!

Yeah .. some intense scenes in that one...... One of my faves of all the 'Nam genre flix is "Deer Hunter" (circa 1980; with a much younger Robert De Niro, Christopher Walker and John Savage).
  • Like 1

I'm sure Ole Gray could come up with a better analogy for me, but I'm so far behind, I can't even see my own Arse!!      Great week at the PGA Show last week, but it comes during one of my busiest times of the year.  So I've been buried at work since returning.   But had to just take a short break to drop in and see what's going on, and to say Hello!!

Hopefully I'll get caught up here before I go back down to Florida in two weeks.  

• Like 2

I'm sure Ole Gray could come up with a better analogy for me, but I'm so far behind, I can't even see my own Arse!! Great week at the PGA Show last week, but it comes during one of my busiest times of the year. So I've been buried at work since returning. But had to just take a short break to drop in and see what's going on, and to say Hello!!

Hopefully I'll get caught up here before I go back down to Florida in two weeks.

That's pretty behind there bro

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Yeah .. some intense scenes in that one...... One of my faves of all the 'Nam genre flix is "Deer Hunter" (circa 1980; with a much younger Robert De Niro, Christopher Walker and John Savage).[/quoti

I love the Deerhunter movie. Walker and Dinero were terrific

• Like 1

Yeah .. some intense scenes in that one...... One of my faves of all the 'Nam genre flix is "Deer Hunter" (circa 1980; with a much younger Robert De Niro, Christopher Walker and John Savage).[/quoti

I love the Deerhunter movie. Walker and Dinero were terrific

Watching some of this is bearable however sooooo many good buddies in Nam that went down ......

I've never watched that deer hunter movie

ame="fozcycle" post="250523" timestamp="1485897204"]

Watching some of this is bearable however sooooo many good buddies in Nam that went down ......

I've never watched that deer hunter movie

Gotcha :(

Deer Hunter, to me, more about how people change / get changed by war .. and less about trying to make a "war movie". Still some intense stuff, tho.

• Like 2

I'll put this here.

Last night playing after work, par 5. Hitting my 2nd shot my caddie (me) handed me the 3H instead of the 5W. I hit that thing as far as the 5W thinking it was it.

Not sure how to word this..

I notice from instances like this that I think alot of times its all mental. And of done this in reverse, grab a 6i thinking I had the 9i & fly it the same distance.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I guess I'm saying sometimes looking @ the target & picturing the shot it doesn't matter what club you have in hand

• Like 1

I'll put this here.

Last night playing after work, par 5. Hitting my 2nd shot my caddie (me) handed me the 3H instead of the 5W. I hit that thing as far as the 5W thinking it was it.

Not sure how to word this..

I notice from instances like this that I think alot of times its all mental. And of done this in reverse, grab a 6i thinking I had the 9i & fly it the same distance.

Thoughts?

You're a magician ;) 

• Like 1