ole gray

Golfing Today?

Our Sponsors

Was warm today in FL. Had the usual group of 8 old farts (65-75).

I had a great front 39 but stumbled a bit in the back with a triple and shot 42. Happy with the 81, best round I've had since my bout with C Diff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sounds like my kind of group 🏌️⛳️

Had to work today but head back to Vegas tomorrow night. Playing Wednesday afternoon at either Wynn or Southern Highlands then Friday at Shadow Creek for Tigerjam. Friday will make a red eye home well worth it.

• Like 3

Trying a Gary Player signature course tomorrow called Cypress Knoll in Palm Coast.

• Like 3

Teeing off at 09:30 this morning at Lane Creek. Weekly senior blitz and I have been bringing home the bacon the last couple of Tuesdays. I'm going for three weeks in a row today!

• Like 2

League play starts today...looking to add to my stable of trophies in year 4!

trophy.jpg

• Like 4

Tee off in a hour and a half! Unfortunately we have had a really bad May in Nova Scotia and it's been raining and colder nearly every day, but still great to get out on the course regardless!

• Like 1

Nope, sightseeing St Augustine with the mrs today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Playing with one of the central Georgia Senior groups today at Sun City in Griffin, GA.  It is a beautiful course that usually kicks my butt. Hopefully the rain will hold off enough for us to finish the round.  

• Like 1

Playing with one of the central Georgia Senior groups today at Sun City in Griffin, GA. It is a beautiful course that usually kicks my butt. Hopefully the rain will hold off enough for us to finish the round.

Have fun!

MDGolfHacker

I had planned on playing an early morning round today, but 10 hours at Six Flags yesterday wiped me out. I try tomorrow.

No golf for me for the next 3 days!!  

The Washington State High School state championships boys and girls are in town this week at four different courses.  My course is hosting the 3A Boys.  Practice round today; play Tuesday and Wednesday.  It's going to be a hot one... 97* tomorrow.

Teeing up at 09:30 this morning and I'll be putting my new Mizuno 16 degree hybrid in play.  Yep maiden voyage for little blue. I have big blue which is my Cobra F6 driver and now little blue which will be my go to for short par 4 holes and long approach shots on the big par fours & fives.

• Like 4

Teeing up at 09:30 this morning and I'll be putting my new Mizuno 16 degree hybrid in play.  Yep maiden voyage for little blue. I have big blue which is my Cobra F6 driver and now little blue which will be my go to for short par 4 holes and long approach shots on the big par fours & fives.

ole gray with ole bluey!  Good luck and have fun...

• Like 1

ole gray with ole bluey!  Good luck and have fun...

Thanks buddy!  I have two issues that will confront me today and one I know will have to be modified asap.  I will have to change the grip on the hybrid to a midsize and the shaft may be an issue. The only 16 degree that I could find was one with a stiff shaft.  I haven't played with a stiff shaft in quite some time.   At least that's what momma said last night. :D 

• Like 2

It's been rain and cold again for over a week (again).

4 inches of rain over the past week in our rain gauge..  and FINALLY got to play 18 yesterday (even though the course was soaked, with standing water on most of the fairways).

It looks like we might actually get a stretch of decent weather over the next week, or so.

This has been the worst stretch of "Spring" for golfing I can remember. :(

• Like 3

We had a 30* drop in temperature yesterday over Tuesday, and the wind was still blowing.  Hard two days of golf for the H.S. State Championships.  A beautiful 73* today so I am headed out to see what the juniors did to the course.  This will be the coolest day for quite awhile.  It will be pushing the 100* mark this Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 1

Teeing up at 11:12 today at Lane Creek.  I'm playing with an ex college golfer and a present college golf coach so no pressure huh? :blink:   

• Like 1

The big dawg is in the house today!  DawgDaddy is heading up to Lane Creek to join our Thursday group of old coots for a little fun.  It's ALWAYS a pleasure when the Big Dawg heads our way!

• Like 2

Teed it up at my men's league yesterday. Played through a lightning storm too. I know, I know.. But the lightning was a few miles away and besides, lightning hits the tallest thing right? Well I'm the shortest of my group, but poor Carolina Golfer 2 would be hit for sure 😂 being short has its advantages, lol...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

I have had some family issues come up, so not for the foreseeable future. Maybe with my son at a local pitch and putt every now and then but that's about it.