ole gray

Golfing Today?

I feel like my last round was a year ago. After checking the calendar, it has been indeed a year since my last round. 12/31/16. This needs to change.

That was when I played my last round!  With all this snow and cold, I don't see me playing anytime soon!!

Walked 9 holes this morning.  28 when I teed off and 30 when I finished.  I only saw one other person so I had plenty of time to try out the Sentio putter.

Walked 9 holes this morning. 28 when I teed off and 30 when I finished. I only saw one other person so I had plenty of time to try out the Sentio putter.

Well, at least it got warmer, lol. I haven't been Golfing in 4 or 5 months I think. I did go to the range with my kids and BIL last month and it was ugly. My golf muscle memory had alzhemers, lol...

MDGolfHacker

That was when I played my last round! With all this snow and cold, I don't see me playing anytime soon!!

Supposed to play the weekend here, but the temps are supposed to drop this weekend, I think the course may close and cover the greens for 3-4 days until the really cold weather leaves, should be nice the following week for our Cup match against the other local course.

Heading back out this morning as we have a 10:32 tee time.  Temps hanging around the upper 40 mark today with less wind. Yesterday we had some heavy wind which made it feel even colder than it was.

Walked 9 holes this morning.  28 when I teed off and 30 when I finished.  I only saw one other person so I had plenty of time to try out the Sentio putter.

Snowing today in the Bluegrass. Turn the heaters on in the Man O War range stalls.

On my way to south Florida for a few days. Unfortunately zero golf on the agenda due to meetings and a dinner. This is the ultimate torture for those from cold climates.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Well with this winter storm reaching pretty far south for the weekend, the courses are closing so they can tarp the greens. No golf for 3-4 days here, the weather is supposed to be more normal next week, back in the mid 50's. It's supposed to be mid 30's during the day, and single digits overnight for Fri, Sat, Sun.

• Like 1

Well with this winter storm reaching pretty far south for the weekend, the courses are closing so they can tarp the greens. No golf for 3-4 days here, the weather is supposed to be more normal next week, back in the mid 50's. It's supposed to be mid 30's during the day, and single digits overnight for Fri, Sat, Sun.

They were trucking out the tarps today at our course.  Saturday looks like we may get a few inches of snow with some very low temps during the weekend.

They were trucking out the tarps today at our course.  Saturday looks like we may get a few inches of snow with some very low temps during the weekend.

I've never seen tarps on greens!!  Wow!  Looks like you boys are getting the weather we had last weekend.  Well, more is on the way for us this weekend!  

I've never seen tarps on greens!!  Wow!  Looks like you boys are getting the weather we had last weekend.  Well, more is on the way for us this weekend!  

Yea any time there is a warning of ice etc. our golf course rolls out the tarps. My wife just told me we are projected to get 3 - 5 inches Saturday which is rare for us. Georgia doesn't see much snow...   Heck the grocery stores sell out of all the milk, bread, & beer around here. :D 

• Like 2

Glad you can share our pain... ;)

I've never seen tarps either - we just have to wait for a complete thaw before they let us back out.

We don't have to wait for a complete thaw.  After the first snowstorm a few weeks ago, we got to play for 4 days before the second snow storm hit.  The top 1/2" of the greens was thawed, but it was frozen below that.  Early in the morning you couldn't land a ball on the green without it going off the back, but by 11am the greens would hold approach shots.

It's 3* right now and won't get above freezing until Sunday when we get another 3-5 inches of snow, and it's supposed to snow every day next week!  This is unprecedented for our location.  This is a desert; we aren't supposed to get this much precipitation!!!

It is fairly common in the Northeast.  My club covers all 18 greens for the winter and we play to temp greens on days the club is open.

• Like 1

Glad you can share our pain... ;)

I've never seen tarps either - we just have to wait for a complete thaw before they let us back out.

The best difference is that it's supposed to around 50 on Tuesday,

We don't have to wait for a complete thaw. After the first snowstorm a few weeks ago, we got to play for 4 days before the second snow storm hit. The top 1/2" of the greens was thawed, but it was frozen below that. Early in the morning you couldn't land a ball on the green without it going off the back, but by 11am the greens would hold approach shots.

It's 3* right now and won't get above freezing until Sunday when we get another 3-5 inches of snow, and it's supposed to snow every day next week! This is unprecedented for our location. This is a desert; we aren't supposed to get this much precipitation!!!

We are supposed to get 4-9 inches over the next couple days, buts it's supposed to be back in the 50's by Tuesday next week.

We are supposed to get 4-9 inches over the next couple days, buts it's supposed to be back in the 50's by Tuesday next week.

what state are u located? Im in NH diehard player travel to mass south shore to play

The view from my Florida room. Its 57 feels like 45 degrees of raw windy and on and off drizzle on the Gulf Coast today.

The weatherman says that a cold front is coming in.

We at MGS know that it's because Kenny and Martha are planning a trip to Florida! :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

attachicon.gif0107171215_HDR.jpg

The view from my Florida room. Its 57 feels like 45 degrees of raw windy and on and off drizzle on the Gulf Coast today.

The weatherman says that a cold front is coming in.

We at MGS know that it's because Kenny and Martha are planning a trip to Florida! :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Unfounded rumor! I think it's like that every winter; headed to AZ in 3 weeks!!!

Getting our first snowfall of the year on Long Island. It was sunny and warm when I left Miami this morning. Starting to think I like the south a lot better these days.

• Like 1