ole gray

Golfing Today?

Our Sponsors

My wife and I played nine holes after she got off work tonight.  It's getting dark by the time we finish.  I don't know if we will be able to play next Thursday.

EveningatCP.jpeg

• Like 3

Yup

Drinking my black English tea and getting ready to put the kids in the pool, then off I go!

Looking to get out tomorrow morning to put in some work helping with some Bridgestone ball R&D

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Looking to get out tomorrow morning to put in some work helping with some Bridgestone ball R&D

They have been pretty quiet over the past year or so, Bridgestone usually brings it with their offerings. 

• Like 1

Another day playing in the swamp.......s/ b CPO but hoping for a little Strict 90* time today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

A buddy of mine has just returned back to town after being away on business to the Chicago area for the last 2-months. We were planning on going out to "the Ranch" later today and play a round, but they have a tournament going on. So he calls me last night and states that he's booked us a tee time at Banbury...Dammit! :huh:

http://www.banburygolf.com/

For whatever reason, he's enamored with this place, but the last time we played there (my only time there) I bet I lost 7 or 8 balls on the back 9 alone..! :unsure: I mean it's tough to keep everything dry. Some of you who've been patient enough to read my posts know that I believe Quail Hollow in Boise is our toughest course in the area, but this one flat out scares me! Can't complain too much since he'll probably be paying as usual and despite my begging him not to, but damn!

So I've taken "measures". Took out all of my Snells and loaded up with every "premium" "other" ball I could find out of my stash. They were donated once and I see no reason they cannot be donated again. GAME ON!

• Like 1

My golfing plans got waylaid by high winds. Blowing about 25 gusting even higher. I can wait til tomorrow - have a 9:20 tee time.

If the rain holds off I've got an in-club 2 day Ryder cup that starts at noon today

Wondering if there will be a fog delay this morning. Playing Jack Frost today.1539085175749.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was able to get a round in this afternoon. Local course did a Winter card for $198 including tax.

Unlimited golf with no green fees from 10/1-2/28. Cart not included. I’ve used it twice so far, two more times and I get my money’s worth. Couldn’t pass that deal up.

And I s*** an 83 today! Pretty good day.

• Like 3

I have not been in the golfing mode for several days now due to a very painful lower back issue.  Today I am heading out to see how I do with a back brace and slower swing speed.  Maybe nine holes today and see how it feels.   Golf has been on the back burner recently due to the back going south and my son in infantry training at Ft Benning, Ga.   I've been totally involved in a family support group on facebook for the soldiers. Anyways let's see how the golf swing and lower back get along this morning. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I have not been in the golfing mode for several days now due to a very painful lower back issue.  Today I am heading out to see how I do with a back brace and slower swing speed.  Maybe nine holes today and see how it feels.   Golf has been on the back burner recently due to the back going south and my son in infantry training at Ft Benning, Ga.   I've been totally involved in a family support group on facebook for the soldiers. Anyways let's see how the golf swing and lower back get along this morning. 👍

Good luck and get better OG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ole gray said:

good luck pardner....those Cleveland's are getting a lil lonely sitting around so I'm sure they'll be happy to have some company!

hope it all works out for the best.

Have a flight for business this afternoon so I decided to go play a quick 9 this morning before I had to leave. Maximize the time!

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Good luck and get better OG

Thanks buddy!   I just returned and shot 41/44 = 85 today so I was very pleased.  I swung easy and kept the ball in play .  I had a few knuckle head moves that caused three double bogies but what da heck, it was a good day.... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, strokerAce said:

good luck pardner....those Cleveland's are getting a lil lonely sitting around so I'm sure they'll be happy to have some company!

hope it all works out for the best.

The HB's were sweet today and I played pretty darn solid (85) and it got me out of the house so yea, it was fun!

• Like 2

The HB's were sweet today and I played pretty darn solid (85) and it got me out of the house so yea, it was fun!
Sweet! Nice shootin' OG

Must be a heckuva set of clubs if you can take an extended break and still play well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Nice! Hopefully the back was ok.

20 hours ago, strokerAce said:

Sweet! Nice shootin' OG

Must be a heckuva set of clubs if you can take an extended break and still play well. emoji106.png

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy and yea, I truly love these irons as they make golf more fun for me. 

Heading out to slop it around with a couple of friends  soon.   We have had soooooo much rain lately that it will most likely be cart path only however we have an itch to scratch.   By gawd we are gonna scratch that sucker till it bleeds! 💣🏌️‍♂️

• Like 1