ole gray

Golfing Today?

Frost delay this morning, supposed to be really nice when it burns off, just need a bit of sunshine. It got down to 25 last night, clear open skies all night.

It's chilly here today as well, cilly being 52. Hit them well.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hmmmmmm thinking about getting out today however high today is going to be 52ish with wind gusts this afternoon.  :unsure:    Funny thing is a few years back when I lived in middle Georgia, we had a regular group that played every weekend inclement weather or not. The only time we would not play is if there were thunderstorms are if the greens were frozen.  We had cart covers and small propane heaters that fit in the cup holders.   It was always on like donkey kong :D 

• Like 2

This isn't a post I make very often but today I'm getting together with some of my old golf buds. We rarely play that much together anymore so It's going to be especially fun. We'll pair up in the normal day game today. What I like about what's in store is all the BS and gambling that's going to be taking place. In addition to the overall skins game in the day game we'll also have our own 4-way Nassau and skins and junk too. The weather is nice today also. Light breeze, sunny and 55*, with fast greens. Should be very interesting. And lucrative $$ perhaps?

• Like 2

Playing at 10:30 this morning and after walking my dog and feeling the wind a few minutes ago, this will be one cold arse round of golf.  :unsure:  It's going to be in the lower fifties with gusts of wind so extra clothes and gloves is the order of the day.

Developed a cyst-like bump on my back that has a low grade pain so I have an appt with Dr this morning at the VA Outpatient Clinic. I think Thursdays is going to be my "no golf" day.

Mon-ranger in the morning @ PC

Tues-golf game at Babe Zaharias GC

We'd-starter in the morning @ PC

Thurs-no golf

Fri-golf with Seniors group @ PC

Sat-golf with Sat Game that I run @ PC

Sun-small game with a few buds @ PC

Think I'm getting this retirement gig started off pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Developed a cyst-like bump on my back that has a low grade pain so I have an appt with Dr this morning at the VA Outpatient Clinic. I think Thursdays is going to be my "no golf" day.

Mon-ranger in the morning @ PC

Tues-golf game at Babe Zaharias GC

We'd-starter in the morning @ PC

Thurs-no golf

Fri-golf with Seniors group @ PC

Sat-golf with Sat Game that I run @ PC

Sun-small game with a few buds @ PC

Think I'm getting this retirement gig started off pretty well.

You da man Foz! 🏌️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Today, I'm afraid playing in this wind, there would be holes where a 9i would travel 230, and others where you'd be lucky not to have if come back and smack you in the nose.

• Like 1

Today, I'm afraid playing in this wind, there would be holes where a 9i would travel 230, and others where you'd be lucky not to have if come back and smack you in the nose.

Now that would be a terrific challenge.......Go for it!

Now that would be a terrific challenge.......Go for it!

I'm actually injured. Currently walking around with a broken rib. Broken in a curious place.  I can move already, I can swing a golf club, but I struggle to ride in a golf cart, nor can I carry a bag right now.  It's torture.  I played last saturday with it, and the cart hurt worse than anything else. Trying to sort out a solution for this weekend :)

• Like 1

I'm actually injured. Currently walking around with a broken rib. Broken in a curious place.  I can move already, I can swing a golf club, but I struggle to ride in a golf cart, nor can I carry a bag right now.  It's torture.  I played last saturday with it, and the cart hurt worse than anything else. Trying to sort out a solution for this weekend :)

Maybe you can get a back brace and wrap it around the sore rib for support?  

It was tough out there today with all the wind and cold however my little Thursday group powered through it. The funny thing being we play greenies and with the wind today only one was won... :D 

• Like 1

My wife and I are teeing it up around noon with another couple today so that should be fun! This will be my third round this week and this weekend is projected to be in the 70's so there may be another round before weeks over....  :D 

• Like 2

Didn't get to play today with my family arriving in Las Vegas today after almost 24 hours of travel from NY. I did find out that part of my round tomorrow at Rio Secco will include a tour of Butch Harmon's golf school and possibly a meeting with Butch. Should be a great day.

• Like 2

I played at beautiful Lake Jonesco yesterday and almost broke 80, shot an 80 even with a bogey on the last hole. Had one 3 putt on #14 that would have done it too.  Best day in a while.  

• Like 4

I played at beautiful Lake Jonesco yesterday and almost broke 80, shot an 80 even with a bogey on the last hole. Had one 3 putt on #14 that would have done it too.  Best day in a while.  

Atta boy!

How is the course with all the hard rain that came through middle Ga. in the past weeks?

• Like 1

Club Championship starts today..attachicon.gifIMG_0277.JPG

Have a great time Foz and if you play well, that's a bonus....   No pressure and one hole at a time! :)