Liberty Ball Markers

What are your favorite irons?

I feel the same about my zings. There is something about Pings that are just magic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wish my i20s felt that way, but they don't.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Loved this irons, may not be able to hit them so well today  :D

mp33.jpg

close 2nd would be one of my first sets, Ping Eye 2's before the +'s (hated those)

• Like 3

I love the Rowenta Power Glide 2. Really gets wrinkles out and has an iron and steam function. Good weight to it.20180323_200423.jpg

Oh.... Golf irons😁😂🤣 Mizuno MP-32s. Loved those and regret getting rid of them.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

I love the Rowenta Power Glide 2. Really gets wrinkles out and has an iron and steam function. Good weight to it.attachicon.gif20180323_200423.jpg

Oh.... Golf irons Mizuno MP-32s. Loved those and regret getting rid of them.

MDGolfHacker

He'll be here all week folks... don't forget to tip your waitress.

• Like 2

I love the Rowenta Power Glide 2. Really gets wrinkles out and has an iron and steam function. Good weight to it.attachicon.gif20180323_200423.jpg

Oh.... Golf irons Mizuno MP-32s. Loved those and regret getting rid of them.

MDGolfHacker

Will it rust over time?

• Like 1

Will it rust over time?

Not the power sole plate... 😁😂🤣 its a great iron. Had it for several years. Highly recommend it.

MDGolfHacker 😂

• Like 1

I would have to say Hogan edge irons were my favourites all time. Great feel and I had great confidence with them. They were in my bag longer than any other set.

• Like 1

I would have to say Hogan edge irons were my favourites all time. Great feel and I had great confidence with them. They were in my bag longer than any other set.

After I got my redlines, my dad got the original Edges. I used to swipe his long irons. Years later, I was visiting my parents without my clubs, and I played his old Edges. First time I broke 80 at his course.

• Like 2

After I got my redlines, my dad got the original Edges. I used to swipe his long irons. Years later, I was visiting my parents without my clubs, and I played his old Edges. First time I broke 80 at his course.

Would be late 80's early 90's when I got them and gamed them for about 8 years. My handicap was at its alltime low when I was swinging them. Why do we get rid of what works?

• Like 1

Would be late 80's early 90's when I got them and gamed them for about 8 years. My handicap was at its alltime low when I was swinging them. Why do we get rid of what works?

Because we think always we can do better.

• Like 3

I like the look of Ben Hogan sticks especially the forged cavity back Edge irons. I would love a set of those.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had a Edge Forged CB 2 iron and it was a rocket. Found it in the pile one day. I ended up giving it to my buddy Bear because he is a club ho too and likes Hogan stuff too. He also had a 3 thru PW set of those so the 2 iron made him a complete set. I also have a 99 Apex 2 iron that a gracious friend from Canada on WRX sent me. It was head only which was good I shafted it with a uncut new S-300. A lot of folks do not know it but the 99 Apex blades are one of the Holy Grail Hogan clubs because they were Endo forged in Japan

• Like 3

I don't know if I'll ever find anything I like better than my old Eye2s. I've played several other sets, but every time I grab those Pings, it's like putting on that pair of jeans that fit just right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a certain contingent of old fart retirees that play at one of my neighboring courses. A lot of them play eye 2s still. One of the guys still plays his original eye2s and is around scratch from the senior tees. He is also a eye 2 ho he has about 20 sets of them and will not sell any. He will buy almost any set he sees or hears of. He will even buy individual clubs.

BTW If you mess around with used clubs like I do you will see used eye2s command a great price used. They hold an amazing resell value as high as anything used unless it is a real collectable like certain Hogan or Macgregor irons. I see some eye 2 sets going for higher prices than some sets only a year old or so. Even though I am a blade man mostly Macgregor and Hogan the eye 2s are a timeless classic and you can't wear the darn things out except the BECU ones

• Like 1

The original Forged Nike Pro Combos and the original Ap2's.

Loved this irons, may not be able to hit them so well today :D

attachicon.gifmp33.jpg

close 2nd would be one of my first sets, Ping Eye 2's before the +'s (hated those)

Funny you should bring these irons up. I actually put the back in the bag. Been really spotty with my ball striking as of late and figured I try changing it up. So far if feels like my old game is coming back.

I know it sounds off to go to blades when you're having issues with stricking but for some reason it worked. I am actually going to take both sets (JPX forged and MP33s) to my local golf shop and see if there and any differences in the lies.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a buddy of mine that STILL hits those irons. He has had them since they were new and plays to about a 3 handicap.

These are some of my all time favorites too!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy