Liberty Ball Markers

What are your favorite irons?

I still think that the RSI TP are some of the best irons around.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My new Callaway Steelheads will arrive tomorrow. I'll see if they can better my Razr XF Irons which have been boss dog for years. Well since I first bagged the original Steelheads which I still have .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I would have to say that the Ben Hogan redline irons are my favorite. I know these irons have weak lofts by today's standards but as long as you know how far to hit each club it doesn't matter. I would love to find a nice set of newer Hogan irons just to see how they compare.

• Like 1

Titleist 962b. Played them in college and wish I had kept them.

I had such sellers remorse when I sold my KZG Combo set to Plaid I had to search out another set of KZG Cavity Backs. Clean lines, basic cavity back shape. I'm happy to have them back in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Some great clubs! Not a club hoe as funds limit it. Love my Ping Eye 2's but looking to retire them and move on to 716 AP1 irons. Just so smooth and easy to hit.

It's interesting looking through this thread that no one mentioned the Tommy Armor 825's. Those were once all the rage.

In my lifetime the biggest splash irons that I recall were the Eye 2, Spaulding Exec, Hogan edge, Armor 825.

Those all ate away at the Wilson Staff market that seemed to dominate at one time.

The 825 started popping into lots of guys bags. They were the first set that I recall that had the lofts engraved. And yes the lofts were jacked.

When I'd go to Tour events in the mid 80's it would be Ping Staff bag after Ping staff bag with Eye 2's in them. I don't recall the Armor's being popular on tour. But amongst the guys in the early 90's they were all the rage.

I honestly only got rid of my Eye 2's because my ego got the best of me. I couldn't stand that guys whom I was longer than needed to hit less iron than I did. They were in my bag from 1985 until 2002. The wedge from that set was in as recently as 2013. I used it as my gap wedge. It was replaced by a SCOR.

• Like 2

It's interesting looking through this thread that no one mentioned the Tommy Armor 825's. Those were once all the rage.

In my lifetime the biggest splash irons that I recall were the Eye 2, Spaulding Exec, Hogan edge, Armor 825.

Those all ate away at the Wilson Staff market that seemed to dominate at one time.

The 825 started popping into lots of guys bags. They were the first set that I recall that had the lofts engraved. And yes the lofts were jacked.

When I'd go to Tour events in the mid 80's it would be Ping Staff bag after Ping staff bag with Eye 2's in them. I don't recall the Armor's being popular on tour. But amongst the guys in the early 90's they were all the rage.

I honestly only got rid of my Eye 2's because my ego got the best of me. I couldn't stand that guys whom I was longer than needed to hit less iron than I did. They were in my bag from 1985 until 2002. The wedge from that set was in as recently as 2013. I used it as my gap wedge. It was replaced by a SCOR.

I like the 845s better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk