TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Having a bad day or something is not quite right? Let it out here and you may or may not feel better. :D 

I had a buddy who just sent me a text asking if I wanted to play golf around 1:00 p.m. today. I had to tell him maybe, because my wife may have to go out of town and someone has to be home as the Samsung Repair man is coming.   :angry: 

We have one of those on the list where the washing machine lid could potentially blow off!   Anyways one of their service reps is coming out today to repair it.  The good thing is it's totally covered via Samsung as it should be.  No more of them washers for me as I have already had two previous issues with it.  One being under warranty and the last one being a stabilizer bar breaking which happen right after warranty had expired. :angry: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

They do know how to time the warranty just right! I bought a new refrigerator that needed a new $550.00 part 2 days after the warranty expired. Fortunately, my brother is very versed in electrical things and he just rewired and bypassed the faulty part. It's been working for 3 years now. 

Why do I get the feeling I should have just kept my mouth shut? :rolleyes:

They do know how to time the warranty just right! I bought a new refrigerator that needed a new $550.00 part 2 days after the warranty expired. Fortunately, my brother is very versed in electrical things and he just rewired and bypassed the faulty part. It's been working for 3 years now. 

Why do I get the feeling I should have just kept my mouth shut? :rolleyes:

haha yea it seems the household necessities are programmed to crash after about two years.  They crash later than that if you have a one or two year extended warranty on top of the original warranty :angry: 

Heck I was watching the news one night and saw this about the Samsung washing machine lids exploding.   Glad I did because I would have shat all over myself if I was walking by the washing machine and the lid flew off! :o 

Cleveland

Here's my rant.... playing golf again today!  :D

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's my rant.... playing golf again today! :D

That's not a rant! That's a happy kiss ya dog in the mouth kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Here's my rant.... playing golf again today! :D

I agree, not rant worthy :) my passive/aggressive rant - I'm on a bus for 5 hours, but then I'll be in Miami jumping on a cruise ship for the next 7 days after... And of course no golf while on the boat; life is tough... Lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I agree, not rant worthy :) my passive/aggressive rant - I'm on a bus for 5 hours, but then I'll be in Miami jumping on a cruise ship for the next 7 days after... And of course no golf while on the boat; life is tough... Lol

MDGolfHacker

No pain no gain huh ?

Cleveland

No pain no gain huh ?

Ha ha ha I know, very tough life... :)

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Having a bad day or something is not quite right? Let it out here and you may or may not feel better. :D

I had a buddy who just sent me a text asking if I wanted to play golf around 1:00 p.m. today. I had to tell him maybe, because my wife may have to go out of town and someone has to be home as the Samsung Repair man is coming.   :angry:

We have one of those on the list where the washing machine lid could potentially blow off!   Anyways one of their service reps is coming out today to repair it.  The good thing is it's totally covered via Samsung as it should be.  No more of them washers for me as I have already had two previous issues with it.  One being under warranty and the last one being a stabilizer bar breaking which happen right after warranty had expired. :angry:

I see it all the time working for a metal recycling company. Some of the appliance guys or maintenance guys from the motels will drop off what appears to be a fairly new nice looking washer or dryer. I have had a couple of the guys explain to me about circuit boards and such and it costing more in parts and labor than a new machine will sell for. I know for a fact some of the higher end condos will take out a washer and dryer when the warranty expires and they will still be working.. I know several guys buy those machines and sell them and one of them knows several tricks on bypassing circuit boards and such. I am sorta scared of that thinking they may catch fire or something like that but then again my years as a volunteer fireman may make me paranoid

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I see it all the time working for a metal recycling company. Some of the appliance guys or maintenance guys from the motels will drop off what appears to be a fairly new nice looking washer or dryer. I have had a couple of the guys explain to me about circuit boards and such and it costing more in parts and labor than a new machine will sell for. I know for a fact some of the higher end condos will take out a washer and dryer when the warranty expires and they will still be working.. I know several guys buy those machines and sell them and one of them knows several tricks on bypassing circuit boards and such. I am sorta scared of that thinking they may catch fire or something like that but then again my years as a volunteer fireman may make me paranoid

Hell,,,, years ago you could buy a Kenmore washer or dryer  and you couldn't break the damn things!  You could drag em behind your pick up truck and they would keep on ticking. They had the spindle doo hickie thing in the middle but that didn't bother me. Good quality USA products that were manufactured with pride. Hmmmm it's a shame that type craftsmanship is a by gone memory.

Cleveland

Hell,,,, years ago you could buy a Kenmore washer or dryer and you couldn't break the damn things! You could drag em behind your pick up truck and they would keep on ticking. They had the spindle doo hickie thing in the middle but that didn't bother me. Good quality USA products that were manufactured with pride. Hmmmm it's a shame that type craftsmanship is a by gone memory.

We bought an old Maytag washer and dryer that were 15 years old, and used them for 16 years and never had to have anything replaced or fixed, the only reason we don't have them now is because we downsized our large appliances and furniture when we came south

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We bought an old Maytag washer and dryer that were 15 years old, and used them for 16 years and never had to have anything replaced or fixed, the only reason we don't have them now is because we downsized our large appliances and furniture when we came south

That's what I'm talking about...   Good old reliable stuff that runs like the energizer bunny. You're lucky to get 15 months out of this new stuff ....

Cleveland

That's what I'm talking about... Good old reliable stuff that runs like the energizer bunny. You're lucky to get 15 months out of this new stuff ....

That's because it's all made overseas... No pride in production, parts are cheaply made, of low quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

That's because it's all made overseas... No pride in production, parts are cheaply made, of low quality.

Quite possibly, but also because no one wants to pay enough for well made appliances. Appliances now cost the same in $s as they did 20 years ago, so much cheaper when you take inflation into account.

Most consumer goods now are designed to fail after a reasonably short time. If things are too well made, companies lose future sales, and eventually go out of business by making too good a quality products.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I think that I need to fire our head custodian. I hate firing people but when you walk the campus and are unable to identify a single completed project begun over the past three months....it's time. :(

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Quite possibly, but also because no one wants to pay enough for well made appliances. Appliances now cost the same in $s as they did 20 years ago, so much cheaper when you take inflation into account.

Most consumer goods now are designed to fail after a reasonably short time. If things are too well made, companies lose future sales, and eventually go out of business by making too good a quality products.

Like golf clubs...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Going in tomorrow morning to have two more skin cancer's cut out.  One close to my right eye and one on the crown of my head. I've had two cut out in earlier years.   The good thing is they are basal cell carcinoma's which are no big deal, unless you let them go too long. My rant is my nose will be all swollen, my eye may be blacken and my Birthday is Tuesday. If we go out to eat, I'll be looking like a prize fighter who got the worst end of the fight.

Cleveland

Going in tomorrow morning to have two more skin cancer's cut out. One close to my right eye and one on the crown of my head. I've had two cut out in earlier years. The good thing is they are basal cell carcinoma's which are no big deal, unless you let them go too long. My rant is my nose will be all swollen, my eye may be blacken and my Birthday is Tuesday. If we go out to eat, I'll be looking like a prize fighter who got the worst end of the fight.

But chicks dig prize fighters!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

But chicks dig prize fighters!

I'm afraid I will look more like road kill than a prize fighter :D 

Cleveland

Going in tomorrow morning to have two more skin cancer's cut out.  One close to my right eye and one on the crown of my head. I've had two cut out in earlier years.   The good thing is they are basal cell carcinoma's which are no big deal, unless you let them go too long. My rant is my nose will be all swollen, my eye may be blacken and my Birthday is Tuesday. If we go out to eat, I'll be looking like a prize fighter who got the worst end of the fight.

Man what a way to spend your Birthday Ole Gray, unless the result is having Kelly Bo wait on you hand and foot all day, then that's not too bad  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Man what a way to spend your Birthday Ole Gray, unless the result is having Kelly Bo wait on you hand and foot all day, then that's not too bad  :D

Just got back from my little surgery and yes, I am playing the patient card all day today ;)  :P .  Actually my Birthday is tomorrow (29th) and I was going out to play golf however looks like Georgia is finally getting some much need rain....  Docs post surgery orders was to take it easy for four days.  With the rain coming, I will be obeying his orders :rolleyes: 

Cleveland

Just got back from my little surgery and yes, I am playing the patient card all day today ;)  :P .  Actually my Birthday is tomorrow (29th) and I was going out to play golf however looks like Georgia is finally getting some much need rain....  Docs post surgery orders was to take it easy for four days.  With the rain coming, I will be obeying his orders :rolleyes:

Wow, four days of lounging around and saying "babe, can you bring me a beer and a bag of chips"   LOL  

I know after I got home from my knee replacements, i felt guilty about Michelle doing everything, waiting on me and cleaning up after me.   But then I kinda got used to it.   I may or may not have intentionally slowed my recovery down a bit...LOL

A guy in the men's room, that feels the need to stare right at me while I'm doing what you do in there while drying his hands!!  Dude can't you like look at least look at the mirror above the sink or the other direction, for the love of all privacy!!!

Wow, four days of lounging around and saying "babe, can you bring me a beer and a bag of chips"   LOL  

I know after I got home from my knee replacements, i felt guilty about Michelle doing everything, waiting on me and cleaning up after me.   But then I kinda got used to it.   I may or may not have intentionally slowed my recovery down a bit...LOL

Partner you got to keep riding that hoss when the saddles hawt ;) 

Cleveland

I think that I need to fire our head custodian. I hate firing people but when you walk the campus and are unable to identify a single completed project begun over the past three months....it's time. :(

I learned from one of my early mentors to have the following approach about firing people and handling guilt.   You aren't firing them, they did that themselves, you're just doing the paperwork. 

I hate to see anyone lose their jobs at anytime, and of course around the holidays is even tougher, but if it needs to be done, you're not doing anyone any favors by letting it linger. 

Thanks - I'm not the least bit guilty as I'm not the one who didnt do the work.

I just feel poorly that it must be done.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks - I'm not the least bit guilty as I'm not the one who didnt do the work.

I just feel poorly that it must be done.

Oh I get it.  It was a rare time that I felt great about it, regardless of how justified it was. 

Top of my head hurts, side of my nose hurts, and I bled all over my nice new pillow I recently bought.  The good thing is the pillow case I had on it was thick enough to catch it before it got through. I put some peroxide on it and the blood came right out!   My wife told me about that little trick and it show nuff works.   Skin cancer surgery today and the Doc had to take an extra layer off side my nose as the first layer did not show clear of bad cells.  After I had returned home and woke up from my nap. there was blood around my eye. I must of rolled over and pressed the wrong way on my surgery place. :unsure: Heck I got up, drove to the drug store and picked up my pain med and antibiotic then over to Publix for some groceries.   I had all the hawt chicks checking out my swollen eye.  RevKev knows his stuff as they must of thought I was a prize fighter!  

Cleveland

Oh man Ole Grey. I don't know whether to laugh at that post or offer you sympathy. All I'll say is hope those Meds work and you're felling better tomorrow for the birthday shin dig.

Oh man Ole Grey. I don't know whether to laugh at that post or offer you sympathy. All I'll say is hope those Meds work and you're felling better tomorrow for the birthday shin dig.

Thanks buddy!   I'll be good tomorrow and might even head to the golf course if the rain passes through tonight.  A little slicing and dicing won't stop this old coot. :D 

Cleveland