TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Wow, four days of lounging around and saying "babe, can you bring me a beer and a bag of chips"   LOL  

I know after I got home from my knee replacements, i felt guilty about Michelle doing everything, waiting on me and cleaning up after me.   But then I kinda got used to it.   I may or may not have intentionally slowed my recovery down a bit...LOL

I had my knee replaced 3 years ago on Nov 7.  My wife took very good care of me.  The next year in Nov, she had her knee replaced so I had to do the same for her; cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping.  I did OK except for the laundry.  I messed up a couple of times, so she doesn't make me do that anymore!   ;)  I should have messed up on all the other stuff too.  Dang!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had my knee replaced 3 years ago on Nov 7.  My wife took very good care of me.  The next year in Nov, she had her knee replaced so I had to do the same for her; cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping.  I did OK except for the laundry.  I messed up a couple of times, so she doesn't make me do that anymore!   ;)  I should have messed up on all the other stuff too.  Dang!

Dang Kenny, that makes four of us that I am aware of that have TKR's!  I've had three surgeries on my right knee.  One partial (called a bi lateral) , then right side of knee scoped, then total knee replacement.   My knee looks like an overgrown melon from all the scar tissue and soft tissue damage.

This morning (skin cancer removed) I'm looking like I had a head ramming contest with a mountain goat. My right eye is almost shut with a nice purple glow and the top of my head where I had another basil cell carcinoma cut out ,feels like a bunch of fire ants had a biting contest. :o 

Hmmmmm I'm gonna have to rethink my golfing today. :unsure:  Heck it has been raining all morning so the course will be soggy so it may be a good day to stay home and wimp it out.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Dang Kenny, that makes four of us that I am aware of that have TKR's!  I've had three surgeries on my right knee.  One partial (called a bi lateral) , then right side of knee scoped, then total knee replacement.   My knee looks like an overgrown melon from all the scar tissue and soft tissue damage.

This morning (skin cancer removed) I'm looking like I had a head ramming contest with a mountain goat. My right eye is almost shut with a nice purple glow and the top of my head where I had another basil cell carcinoma cut out ,feels like a bunch of fire ants had a biting contest. :o

Hmmmmm I'm gonna have to rethink my golfing today. :unsure:  Heck it has been raining all morning so the course will be soggy so it may be a good day to stay home and wimp it out.

Happy Birthday Ole Grey!!

And yeah your math and mine are the same,  you, me, Lefty and Ken all with at least one TKR.  As you know I had both done the same day, dad always said don't do anything halfway...ha

Maybe we need a surgery of the day thread here...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Happy Birthday Ole Grey!!

And yeah your math and mine are the same,  you, me, Lefty and Ken all with at least one TKR.  As you know I had both done the same day, dad always said don't do anything halfway...ha

Maybe we need a surgery of the day thread here...LOL

Thanks partner for the Happy Birthday!  66 years old today :) 

Yea I think we need a surgery of the day thread... lol!

Cleveland

66 really?  You look younger on the Internet  :lol:

66 really?  You look younger on the Internet  :lol:

That pic of me in the WIYB was made in spring of this year 2016 so yea, I'm a hawt ole coot :D.   I suppose it's from all that good stump liquor I sipped on through the years. :P 

Cleveland

Yea I think we need a surgery of the day thread... lol!

Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper!!   

I tore up my left knee playing volleyball in 1971 and had cartilage taken out the old fashion way.  My knee ached for years.  Two months before I had the TKR on my left knee, I tore the meniscus in my right knee, so they scoped it.  It had to be healed before they would do the TKR.  The Doc said after the replacement that if I had waited another year to have the surgery, he would have had to do a bone graft.

BTW, the internet takes 10 years off your age because only young people understand this new fangled technology!   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper!!   

I tore up my left knee playing volleyball in 1971 and had cartilage taken out the old fashion way.  My knee ached for years.  Two months before I had the TKR on my left knee, I tore the meniscus in my right knee, so they scoped it.  It had to be healed before they would do the TKR.  The Doc said after the replacement that if I had waited another year to have the surgery, he would have had to do a bone graft.

BTW, the internet takes 10 years off your age because only young people understand this new fangled technology!   ;)

Thanks Kenny!    

Old knees, new parts and we're still having fun playing the game we love.

Cleveland

Thanks Kenny!    

Absolutely!!

The last few years before the surgery, my left knee hurt so much that it was hard to get to my lead side on the follow-through.  My GHIN had risen to 14 in the summer before surgery.  It took me a year after surgery to get down to 10, and this year I made it to the lowest I have ever been... 7.9 before the colder weather set in.  I should have done the surgery years ago!!

Absolutely!!

The last few years before the surgery, my left knee hurt so much that it was hard to get to my lead side on the follow-through.  My GHIN had risen to 14 in the summer before surgery.  It took me a year after surgery to get down to 10, and this year I made it to the lowest I have ever been... 7.9 before the colder weather set in.  I should have done the surgery years ago!!

Man, it's like I was reading my story there.    My left knee was originally injured in a softball game in my 20's  got dislocated when my cleats stuck in the dirt making a turn.   Then I reinjured it in my 40's jumping out of the back of a semi truck onto an ashphalt parking lot (thinking I was still in my 20's..ha)   It got so bad by the end of 2013, I couldn't finish a round of golf in 2014.  I put off going to the Dr. until July 2014, and by that time my right one was hurting just as bad.    He told me after looking at the X-Rays that the right was even worst than the left now and they both needed it.   

I had a golf trip planned for September, so we set the date for early October.   Much like your timetable, I played pain free in 2015 but even though I could swing more onto my left side, everything else was out of sync, and my hC went from 18 to 23 by the end of the year.   But I was enjoying playing again.

At the start of 2016, I got as high as 26, but with being able to practice and play more, I got back down to 17 by the end of the year.   My goal next year is to practice a lot more and get that somewhere between 13 and 15 at least.

Thanks Kenny!    

Happy birthday my friend.   Ya may think ya old, but I have a couple of years on ya.   Yep, the first thing to go on many fellas is their knees.   First the left knee, then the right knee and finally the wee knee.   

Happy birthday my friend.   Ya may think ya old, but I have a couple of years on ya.   Yep, the first thing to go on many fellas is their knees.   First the left knee, then the right knee and finally the wee knee.   

haha Well it was my right knee and wee wee.. :D  My left knee is still good and hopefully it will hold up a few more years.  Now my hip was broke a few years back and it gives me grief now and then. I'm holding on with it too and putting off surgery until it's a must.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes !

Cleveland

• 4 weeks later...

I was walking my dog around 3:30 p.m. today and we rarely see other dogs.  When we do they just tend to bark a little and move on. Well today we had round the corner on the last stretch towards home and I notice two good sized dogs running across the yard towards where they live. Normally they are kept in side however today they must of broke out somehow.  Anyways my dog is very protective of me and she is strong as a bull.  One of the dogs which looked like a large pit was thinking about charging us.  Well Roxie raised all kind of hell and almost pulled me down trying to get after it. The big pit starting charging and I said to hell with that and started running with my dog towards the pit which immediately did an about face and hauled arse back up towards it's house. My heart was beating faster than a chicken in a fox pen.  I suppose with me and Roxie looking like a couple of crazy arse non fearful monsters, the dog decided to get the hell out of dodge.  The other dog was a black lab which is not small either but it moved away immediately after Roxie starting her roaring which she really is loud at. Dayuuuummm   I had to come home and slam down a couple shots of wild turkey after that little run in.  :blink: 

Cleveland

I was walking my dog around 3:30 p.m. today and we rarely see other dogs.  When we do they just tend to bark a little and move on. Well today we had round the corner on the last stretch towards home and I notice two good sized dogs running across the yard towards where they live. Normally they are kept in side however today they must of broke out somehow.  Anyways my dog is very protective of me and she is strong as a bull.  One of the dogs which looked like a large pit was thinking about charging us.  Well Roxie raised all kind of hell and almost pulled me down trying to get after it. The big pit starting charging and I said to hell with that and started running with my dog towards the pit which immediately did an about face and hauled arse back up towards it's house. My heart was beating faster than a chicken in a fox pen.  I suppose with me and Roxie looking like a couple of crazy arse non fearful monsters, the dog decided to get the hell out of dodge.  The other dog was a black lab which is not small either but it moved away immediately after Roxie starting her roaring which she really is loud at. Dayuuuummm   I had to come home and slam down a couple shots of wild turkey after that little run in.  :blink:

Nice!!  What did Roxie get??   :huh:

Nice!!  What did Roxie get??   :huh:

She got a nice hug, pork chop, and bone :D ..  She's my buddy and sometimes protects me too well.  A Lady was coming out of her drive way walking her dog a couple years back.  The dog started growling and barking like it was going to get us.  Roxie would not have any of that. The problem is while trying to protect me, she knocked my to the ground breaking my hip.  :wacko: 

I'm not a small person at 6' 2" and  225 lbs. and she only weighs 92 pounds however she's powerful with a big chest and shoulders. With that said her biggest thing is her heart as she is fearful while protecting her Dad or Mom.  

Cleveland

I find it interesting that some folks in the golf industry are offended by a incident that they started in the first place. :blink: 

Cleveland

Cutts Benedict teaches at my golf course. I think he needs a good ole fashion attitude adjustment for false assumptions -- Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Well, if we are going to rant..............

A local school system is making a mistake I am certain it doesn't fully understand and the school children and taxpayers will suffer as a result.  As I have stated in another thread, I have worked in the Civil Engineering industry for a little over 22 years but the current administration isn't willing to listen to the reasoning of my firm so we declined to take on the project more than a year ago.  

The school board just approved a request Tuesday to accept bids to put field turf on the football field.  I have a working knowledge of how this process will go and it is a severe misconception that this will be a "one and done" process.  School board has been selling this to the public as a large upfront expense that will virtually never require maintenance or replacement.

The issue is, the school property doesn't meet state guidelines for stormwater regulations.  Those will have to be brought up to meet current requirements before necessary permits will be issued for the turf to be installed.  An on-sight stormwater collection, treatment and effluent system is a tremendous expense, not a simple process and requires a tremendous amount maintenance at a significant yearly cost.  Turf is generally guaranteed for 20 years given the school limits use of the field to 500 hours per calendar year.  With varsity, jv and middle school football, soccer and band practice and competitions along with gym class useage, this is impossible to maintain.  The average school system uses these facilities 800-1,000 hours per year.  Thus, effectively cutting the 20 year life expectancy in half. 

So, the turf will need to be replaced in 10-12 years.  It is a certainty that state stormwater regulations will also change in that time frame, likely several times.  The stormwater system will have to be brought up to meet the future new requirements at another significant cost before the turf can be replaced.  It becomes a vicious cycle to which every future school board will have to comply.  And all of this is happening in a school district that already has 74% of the student body receiving free or reduced lunch.  The area was largely founded on manufacturing and all of those facilities have closed with the exception of one since the late 90's.  It is a very poor community to say the least.  They cannot afford what they are about to set themselves up for.

In my professional opinion, the turf installation will cost a minimum of 750k, the stormwater collection system will cost an additional 750k and yearly maintenance costs will approach 90k.  I should also mention the average grade level population is 94 students.  The entire school system, K-12 has fewer than 1,250 students.  And the population of the community has decreased an average of 1.8% per year since 1990.

My wife and I moved our family back to SWVA, where we are both from 10 years ago to help the area recover from lost jobs in manufacturing and the coal industry.  The "brain drain" in Appalachia has been devastating and recovery has been slow.  We are proud of where we are from and want to be helpful in the recovery of the region but this type if misplaced priorities makes me question our choice.

Well, if we are going to rant..............

A local school system is making a mistake I am certain it doesn't fully understand and the school children and taxpayers will suffer as a result.  As I have stated in another thread, I have worked in the Civil Engineering industry for a little over 22 years but the current administration isn't willing to listen to the reasoning of my firm so we declined to take on the project more than a year ago.  

The school board just approved a request Tuesday to accept bids to put field turf on the football field.  I have a working knowledge of how this process will go and it is a severe misconception that this will be a "one and done" process.  School board has been selling this to the public as a large upfront expense that will virtually never require maintenance or replacement.

The issue is, the school property doesn't meet state guidelines for stormwater regulations.  Those will have to be brought up to meet current requirements before necessary permits will be issued for the turf to be installed.  An on-sight stormwater collection, treatment and effluent system is a tremendous expense, not a simple process and requires a tremendous amount maintenance at a significant yearly cost.  Turf is generally guaranteed for 20 years given the school limits use of the field to 500 hours per calendar year.  With varsity, jv and middle school football, soccer and band practice and competitions along with gym class useage, this is impossible to maintain.  The average school system uses these facilities 800-1,000 hours per year.  Thus, effectively cutting the 20 year life expectancy in half. 

So, the turf will need to be replaced in 10-12 years.  It is a certainty that state stormwater regulations will also change in that time frame, likely several times.  The stormwater system will have to be brought up to meet the future new requirements at another significant cost before the turf can be replaced.  It becomes a vicious cycle to which every future school board will have to comply.  And all of this is happening in a school district that already has 74% of the student body receiving free or reduced lunch.  The area was largely founded on manufacturing and all of those facilities have closed with the exception of one since the late 90's.  It is a very poor community to say the least.  They cannot afford what they are about to set themselves up for.

In my professional opinion, the turf installation will cost a minimum of 750k, the stormwater collection system will cost an additional 750k and yearly maintenance costs will approach 90k.  I should also mention the average grade level population is 94 students.  The entire school system, K-12 has fewer than 1,250 students.  And the population of the community has decreased an average of 1.8% per year since 1990.

My wife and I moved our family back to SWVA, where we are both from 10 years ago to help the area recover from lost jobs in manufacturing and the coal industry.  The "brain drain" in Appalachia has been devastating and recovery has been slow.  We are proud of where we are from and want to be helpful in the recovery of the region but this type if misplaced priorities makes me question our choice.

Was the public ever given the opportunity to vote for such a huge endeavor? Sounds like this should have been put on the local ballot.

Cleveland

Was the public ever given the opportunity to vote for such a huge endeavor? Sounds like this should have been put on the local ballot.

Another issue with this community, in my opinion.  School board positions are filled by "appointment" from the county Board of Supervisors.  The are not elected positions like virtually every other locality in the country. 

When we first looked into the project more than a year ago, we couldn't find a single school board member that had been replaced who sought reappointment going back to the 1960's.  We also found no Board of Supervisor member who sought reelection that failed to be reelected.  So, it's a virtual "lifetime" appointment for those members who choose to remain on school board.  This creates a sense of disconnection between the Board of Supervisors, school board and the general public.  The population of this community is roughly 9,000, yet, average fewer than 250 voters per election cycle. Obviously the community feels like they have no voice.   

The feedback we received from the average citizen was along the lines of, "they are going to do what they want no matter what we say, so what's the point". 

Edit to answer your question, two public hearings were held in November with little to no turnout.  

Another issue with this community, in my opinion. School board positions are filled by "appointment" from the county Board of Supervisors. The are not elected positions like virtually every other locality in the country.

When we first looked into the project more than a year ago, we couldn't find a single school board member that had been replaced who sought reappointment going back to the 1960's. We also found no Board of Supervisor member who sought reelection that failed to be reelected. So, it's a virtual "lifetime" appointment for those members who choose to remain on school board. This creates a sense of disconnection between the Board of Supervisors, school board and the general public. The population of this community is roughly 9,000, yet, average fewer than 250 voters per election cycle. Obviously the community feels like they have no voice.

The feedback we received from the average citizen was along the lines of, "they are going to do what they want no matter what we say, so what's the point".

Edit to answer your question, two public hearings were held in November with little to no turnout.

Man that sucks big time !

Cleveland

Another issue with this community, in my opinion.  School board positions are filled by "appointment" from the county Board of Supervisors.  The are not elected positions like virtually every other locality in the country. 

When we first looked into the project more than a year ago, we couldn't find a single school board member that had been replaced who sought reappointment going back to the 1960's.  We also found no Board of Supervisor member who sought reelection that failed to be reelected.  So, it's a virtual "lifetime" appointment for those members who choose to remain on school board.  This creates a sense of disconnection between the Board of Supervisors, school board and the general public.  The population of this community is roughly 9,000, yet, average fewer than 250 voters per election cycle. Obviously the community feels like they have no voice.   

Sounds like taxation without representation.  There should be a way for citizens to put a recall measure on a ballot.  

I shouldn't care.  I don't live in this community and my children aren't in the school system.  But this region as a whole has to work as a collective unit to survive going forward.  The past two decades have been devastating economically.  This type of destructive behavior isn't going to help recovery.

Some communities are working together creating necessary infrastructure improvements that are attracting such facilities as major distribution centers like Amazon and Wal-Mart.  I am just fearful that something like this will detract from the gains that have been made over the past few years.  

Happy Birthday ole gray!  You are 4 days younger than me.........As I am retiring next week, maybe we can get together for a round in 2017.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I find it interesting that some folks in the golf industry are offended by a incident that they started in the first place. :blink:

To be fair, it was escalated, IMO, the wrong way.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Happy Birthday ole gray! You are 4 days younger than me.........As I am retiring next week, maybe we can get together for a round in 2017.

Yea I'm hoping we can get er done 🏻.

Hmmmmm I was born on Nov 29, 1950 and you were born December 25th?

Cleveland

To be fair, it was escalated, IMO, the wrong way.

Yea and that's putting it mildly!

Cleveland

Yea and that's putting it mildly!

I'm confused....

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I'm confused....

Let's just say some of the big boys of the golf industry had their panties in a wad on Twitter last evening.

Cleveland