TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Lucky you weren't on the United flight out of Chicago that was overbooked and passengers were selected by computer to get off to accommodate United employee flight crew. One guy was dragged off by security screaming.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

But I was on the overbooked flight Thursday from CLE to ATL that never left and would not have gotten me out of Cleveland until today.  Delta would not even offer a hotel voucher for one night after I got stuck there,  absolute disaster for Delta last week.

This is why I fly private crop dusters! ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have two rants for today.

On my regular course there is are separate chipping and putting greens. I really get annoyed when I am trying to practice my chipping to the 3 holes on that green and people walk up and start putting. Just across the walkway is a putting green with 9 holes. I know I could just continue but I am afraid I am going to blade one into one of the people putting. Just drives me crazy!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Mine is the opposite.

They chip on the putting green

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Eye exam today and my eyes are dilated. Feels like a post half gallon apple pie moon shine type of after affect.    :wacko:  

Cleveland

I've drunk a quart before...don't want to know about a half gallon!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Eye exam today and my eyes are dilated. Feels like a post half gallon apple pie moon shine type of after affect. :wacko:

I tried to play once about an hour after having my eyes dilated. It didn't go so well.

Hope your doing better.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I tried to play once about an hour after having my eyes dilated. It didn't go so well.

Hope your doing better.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Our eye doc is only about a block away from our home so I walked up there.  Walking back was a different story.  I know folks thought I was some drunk old coot staggering down the road.   :D 

Cleveland

Well, if we are going to rant..............

A local school system is making a mistake I am certain it doesn't fully understand and the school children and taxpayers will suffer as a result.  As I have stated in another thread, I have worked in the Civil Engineering industry for a little over 22 years but the current administration isn't willing to listen to the reasoning of my firm so we declined to take on the project more than a year ago.  

The school board just approved a request Tuesday to accept bids to put field turf on the football field.  I have a working knowledge of how this process will go and it is a severe misconception that this will be a "one and done" process.  School board has been selling this to the public as a large upfront expense that will virtually never require maintenance or replacement.

The issue is, the school property doesn't meet state guidelines for stormwater regulations.  Those will have to be brought up to meet current requirements before necessary permits will be issued for the turf to be installed.  An on-sight stormwater collection, treatment and effluent system is a tremendous expense, not a simple process and requires a tremendous amount maintenance at a significant yearly cost.  Turf is generally guaranteed for 20 years given the school limits use of the field to 500 hours per calendar year.  With varsity, jv and middle school football, soccer and band practice and competitions along with gym class useage, this is impossible to maintain.  The average school system uses these facilities 800-1,000 hours per year.  Thus, effectively cutting the 20 year life expectancy in half. 

So, the turf will need to be replaced in 10-12 years.  It is a certainty that state stormwater regulations will also change in that time frame, likely several times.  The stormwater system will have to be brought up to meet the future new requirements at another significant cost before the turf can be replaced.  It becomes a vicious cycle to which every future school board will have to comply.  And all of this is happening in a school district that already has 74% of the student body receiving free or reduced lunch.  The area was largely founded on manufacturing and all of those facilities have closed with the exception of one since the late 90's.  It is a very poor community to say the least.  They cannot afford what they are about to set themselves up for.

In my professional opinion, the turf installation will cost a minimum of 750k, the stormwater collection system will cost an additional 750k and yearly maintenance costs will approach 90k.  I should also mention the average grade level population is 94 students.  The entire school system, K-12 has fewer than 1,250 students.  And the population of the community has decreased an average of 1.8% per year since 1990.

My wife and I moved our family back to SWVA, where we are both from 10 years ago to help the area recover from lost jobs in manufacturing and the coal industry.  The "brain drain" in Appalachia has been devastating and recovery has been slow.  We are proud of where we are from and want to be helpful in the recovery of the region but this type if misplaced priorities makes me question our choice.

Lets revisit this nearly four months later, shall we.

City Council approved a resolution Monday to disallow the use of any local contribution tax revenue on the construction and/or renovation of a football stadium.  Last night, school board voted unanimously to move forward with financing the winning bid for the field renovation.  The winning bid was $1.7 million.  My half ass attempt at assessing the cost four months ago was nearly spot on.

They will be financing $1.7 million over 30 years with a 6-3/4% interest rate.  The new turf will need replacement three times during the life of the loan.  How will that be paid for in the future?  Restructured debt? Increased taxes?  Like I said four months ago, the stormwater collection system will have to be upgraded when the turf is replaced in 10 years.  So, add another $1.7 million plus inflation and restructure the debt?  Why not?  What's the worst that can happen?

I should also point out, when city council denied the school system the ability to use public funds, the former NFL all-pro turned high school football coach resigned in a tizzy!  City council didn't budge given his strong arm tactics but boy did the school board.  The school board members are all star struck!

Our eye doc is only about a block away from our home so I walked up there.  Walking back was a different story.  I know folks thought I was some drunk old coot staggering down the road.   :D

Just like any other day?   :lol:   If you look that way, might as well be that way!  Hope you get better real soon.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just like any other day? :lol: If you look that way, might as well be that way! Hope you get better real soon.

Lol That's a fact Jack

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Ever board a flight and have to walk off of it? Me neither until today. Maybe tomorrow will go as planned.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Ever board a flight and have to walk off of it? Me neither until today. Maybe tomorrow will go as planned.

At least they let you walk off ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

At least they let you walk off ;)

That is why I fly Delta.  They may get you to the wrong city two hours late and strand you there, but at least I don't have to throw hands to keep my seat.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

So yesterday had a great day on the course especially the back nine. Nailed a par 3 (no fairway just a big pond filled with golf balls) with my drive landing just four feet from the pin - nice birdie. Beat my back nine best score by 4 strokes. Today the clubs got up on the wrong side of the bed. The same birdie hole yesterday - Today i shanked two into the pond. No wonder golf is a four letter word!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That is why I fly Delta. They may get you to the wrong city two hours late and strand you there, but at least I don't have to throw hands to keep my seat.

You've had the absolute worst luck flying lately.. Maybe tell the company you need to work remotely for a week or two and let things quiet down a bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I got to put one of our cats down tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. It's going to be a sad day. Molly is 18 years old and has lived a good life never the less it's a heart breaker.

Cleveland

My condolences ole gray, now that I have a cat of my own I consider him my family and if I lost him I would be pretty sad too. Never thought I would think like this when I didn't have a pet before. He's is certainly precious to us now and forever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My condolences ole gray, now that I have a cat of my own I consider him my family and if I lost him I would be pretty sad too. Never thought I would think like this when I didn't have a pet before. He's is certainly precious to us now and forever.

Thank ya brother......    I'm sitting here looking at our little girl Molly and knowing tomorrow she will be gone.   Rips my heart out.

Cleveland

So let me ask you all, why do people leave their shopping carts in an open parking stall, or next to someone else's car and even worse behind someones car. Why don't they return it to where they keep the other carts.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Sorry to hear of your impending loss. I am a cat man as well. We have two indoors and have adopted 4 ferrils that we feed as well.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Sorry to hear of your impending loss. I am a cat man as well. We have two indoors and have adopted 4 ferrils that we feed as well.

Thank ya buddy

Cleveland

Sorry to hear. We have a 9 yr old puppy and I dread the inevitable.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Preparing everything for a home purchase is hectic. From insurance quotes and moving utilities to what feels like 1000 signatures to looking at new furniture, just so much in such little time.

Every time I spend a large sum of money I always think to myself "Man, that could've went toward some new irons."

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I got to put one of our cats down tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. It's going to be a sad day. Molly is 18 years old and has lived a good life never the less it's a heart breaker.

Sorry to hear that.  18 is a long time for cats.  We have a neighborhood Siamese that has been coming to our door twice a day for handouts for the past 13 years.  It belongs to the lady on the other corner, but that cat eats at several houses in the neighborhood.  

We don't have any indoor cats, but we inherited a mom and daughter cat from a few houses away when the old lady died a few years ago.  Nobody else fed them and my wife is a cat person, so they came over and stuck around.  The mother cat is really old; have no idea how old, but my wife thought she wouldn't make through the winter before this last one, but she is still here... deafer than a door nail.  The daughter cat catches and eats squirrels.  A few feral cats come by now and then for dinner, along with an occasional raccoon and skunk.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So in the traveling for a living sucks category I am out of the country in Canada and have my laptop bag and the clothes on my back. The driver that took us from the airport to downtown forgot to secure the back door to the Sprinter van and my luggage (as well as the luggage for the Chairman of my company) fell out on a highway somewhere in Toronto. Lost both pairs of my prescription Oakley glasses, two Masters polos, a few pairs of nice pants and a brand new Tumi bag. Lovely f&@$ing day.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

So in the traveling for a living sucks category I am out of the country in Canada and have my laptop bag and the clothes on my back. The driver that took us from the airport to downtown forgot to secure the back door to the Sprinter van and my luggage (as well as the luggage for the Chairman of my company) fell out on a highway somewhere in Toronto. Lost both pairs of my prescription Oakley glasses, two Masters polos, a few pairs of nice pants and a brand new Tumi bag. Lovely f&@$ing day.

That is a crap day. Hopefully insurance (or the drivers company) will cover your losses. I imagine your Masters polos aren't easily or quickly replaceable, along with your glasses.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

So let me ask you all, why do people leave their shopping carts in an open parking stall, or next to someone else's car and even worse behind someones car. Why don't they return it to where they keep the other carts.

Because they're lazy bastards. (I could say more, but I won't, which is unusual.)

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So sorry for your loss.  We're pet people and it's never easy to lose a furry friend.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Where's that post where I said you need to try and work remotely for the next few weeks....