TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

So I was looking at golf clubs on ebay and saw this........

attachicon.giffishy.jpg

Messaged the seller and ask which iron had been reshafted.  He responded with no clubs had been reshafted just had a loose ferrule.  

Anyone else see the problem here or is it just my eyes?

Looks like more than one!! Check the ferrule on the left out closely.

EDIT:  Sorry... on the RIGHT!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This is not an issue because the clubs were “reshafted”. This happen a lot and does happen to clubs straight from the OEM. It has to do with the epoxy, or lack thereof. These are multiple ways to fix this. It's not a big issue at all.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

fishy.jpg

Messaged the seller and ask which iron had been reshafted. He responded with no clubs had been reshafted just had a loose ferrule.

But as I look closer at your picture, I see that one of the ferrules is much shorter than the others. It may not have been reshafted, it may be that one of the ferrules was replaced.

I see that now, that one may be a loose ferrule.  At least it seems to be the same size as the others.

Looks like more than one!! Check the ferrule on the left out closely.

EDIT:  Sorry... on the RIGHT!!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I would agree that ferrules often become loose as seen in the iron in the middle and right. The middle ferrule is obviously smaller than the other two. Doesn't mean a reshaft was done , but the shaft had to be pulled to replace the ferrule. Technically the club may not have been reshafted. Could be that the ferrule broke and had to be replaced. The better question to ask would be why was the ferrule replaced and was it done at home or professionally.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Packed my car this morning to head home tonight after work only to find out I am working through the weekend.  Guess I will be going shopping for clothes this evening so I can make it through the week.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

attachicon.giffishy.jpg

Messaged the seller and ask which iron had been reshafted. He responded with no clubs had been reshafted just had a loose ferrule.

Looks like a tool mark on it as well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Looks like a tool mark on it as well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sure does, not very deep but something happened.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Sure does, not very deep but something happened.

Could be just a ferrule replacement.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Quick Rant - Buying new irons this year and very excited for that. As most of you know the trade in value is always weak so I've usually just gone to Ebay to sell my old clubs.  I looked up comparables and priced mine at what I thought was fair and would gain me a small profit.

Low and behold I accept an offer and all is well and good except the buyer cancels his order.  I did not know this was even possible on eBay. 

My thought is if you make the offer you should have to stick with the purchase.  

Not really end of the world, but would have been nice to be done with it.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I thought you had to approve the cancellation? You could always look up the details in the ebay FAQ. I think the buyer has to honor his offer. May result in the buyer claiming that the item didn't match the description etc. I have always found that some of the golf forums are better than ebay. Only have to pay the PayPal fee istead if both PayPal and ebay fees.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Quick Rant - Buying new irons this year and very excited for that. As most of you know the trade in value is always weak so I've usually just gone to Ebay to sell my old clubs. I looked up comparables and priced mine at what I thought was fair and would gain me a small profit.

Low and behold I accept an offer and all is well and good except the buyer cancels his order. I did not know this was even possible on eBay.

My thought is if you make the offer you should have to stick with the purchase.

Not really end of the world, but would have been nice to be done with it.

Once the offer is accepted, from what I understand the only way for him to cancel is for you to approve it. I would check with the eBay powers that be just as he would if you as the seller didn't honor your end of the deal.

Great points. You are correct about the approval but I didn't want it to come to a situation where the buyer could claim something else and just really didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.

On to the next and I'll have to look into the forums. I've thought about that on watches but for some reason have not with golf clubs. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Great points. You are correct about the approval but I didn't want it to come to a situation where the buyer could claim something else and just really didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.

On to the next and I'll have to look into the forums. I've thought about that on watches but for some reason have not with golf clubs. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful buying watches on the Flea., been burned bad few years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Have people forgotten how to say Thank You.

Twice in the past two weeks, I've been ASKED (I didn't offer) to do a favor for two different people.  Both favors involved saving them quite a bit of money (no it wasn't ordering clubs for them at a great discount, so if any OEM police are watching that's not it  :D)    They weren't  easy favors to do, both required time on my part and of course me reaching out to someone to ask the favor.  I was very gracious and thanked each person that helped me out several times and let them know how much it meant.

But the original parties, just kinda acted like it was expected that I'd deliver for them.  Seriously, not even a mumbled "thanks"    Oh well, I don't help people to get thanks or recognition from them, I just do it to be helpful.   But is a bit irritating to think they took it for granted.   

oh well, guess that's the way it is these days.   Kinda like the discussion in the JT and rude fans thread.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Twice in the past two weeks, I've been ASKED (I didn't offer) to do a favor for two different people. Both favors involved saving them quite a bit of money (no it wasn't ordering clubs for them at a great discount, so if any OEM police are watching that's not it :D they weren't recall easy favors to do, both required time on my part and of course me reaching out to someone to ask the favor. I was very gracious and thanked each person that helped me out several times and let them know how much it meant.

But the original parties, just kinda acted like it was expected that I'd deliver for them. Seriously, not even a mumbled "thanks" Oh well, I don't help people to get thanks or recognition from them, I just do it to be helpful. But is a bit irritating to think they took it for granted.

oh well, guess that's the way it is these days. Kinda like the discussion in the JT and rude fans thread.

“Thank you “ is a forgotten phrase. It's getting worse as folks now except everyone to do stuff for them. I run 3 sometimes 4 golf groups a week. There are some guys who do appreciate it but there are others who think I'm their “personal golf secretary”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

“Thank you “ is a forgotten phrase. It's getting worse as folks now except everyone to do stuff for them. I run 3 sometimes 4 golf groups a week. There are some guys who do appreciate it but there are others who think I'm their “personal golf secretary”.

I have a friend who organizes a 16 person trip to Pinehurst every year.   He often says, "If you find yourself having too many "friends" just organize a golf road trip, you're bound to piss off at least 3 or 4 of them, that will vow to never speak to you again...LOL

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I hold the door open for someone entering or leaving a restaurant and get a sincere Thank You as they enter or leave.   I've seen so many that just keep on going full speed with their heads buried in their phones,

I have a friend who organizes a 16 person trip to Pinehurst every year. He often says, "If you find yourself having too many "friends" just organize a golf road trip, you're bound to piss off at least 3 or 4 of them, that will vow to never speak to you again...LOL

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I hold the door open for someone entering or leaving a restaurant and get a sincere Thank You as they enter or leave. I've seen so many that just keep on going full speed with their heads buried in their phones,

Most people are OK but the 10% (which seems to be getter larger) give the remainder a bad rap.

Side note; I got my 1st hole in one yesterday and 2 of the golf group guys ordered a Hole-in-one plaque for me. They told SWMBO NOT to tell me. That didn't work

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sunday afternoon My wife and I had a late lunch.  As we were leaving I saw a group including a very happy silver hair woman with a walker.  I didn't even think twice, just opened the door and waited till the entire party went through.  All but one said thank you and surprisingly it was a middle aged woman.  The lovely silver hair turned to me thanked me and asked what is this place?  All I could do was respond " a family treat"  My own life suddenly felt awesome.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

You are right Rick, the majority do say thanks, but as you said it seems to be slow but shrinking gorup.

That's fantastic on the Hole In One.  You can't bury that in the rant thread!!  Did I miss you posting it somewhere else today?

Congratulations, the fact it's your first, gives me hope I've still got plenty of time for mine!!

Twice in the past two weeks, I've been ASKED (I didn't offer) to do a favor for two different people. Both favors involved saving them quite a bit of money (no it wasn't ordering clubs for them at a great discount, so if any OEM police are watching that's not it :D) They weren't easy favors to do, both required time on my part and of course me reaching out to someone to ask the favor. I was very gracious and thanked each person that helped me out several times and let them know how much it meant.

But the original parties, just kinda acted like it was expected that I'd deliver for them. Seriously, not even a mumbled "thanks" Oh well, I don't help people to get thanks or recognition from them, I just do it to be helpful. But is a bit irritating to think they took it for granted.

oh well, guess that's the way it is these days. Kinda like the discussion in the JT and rude fans thread.

Wait, was it me? I am getting older, 😁😂🤣. The art of thanking people is lost on this generation, but that comes from the parents so they are the ones to blame. 😔

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Most people are OK but the 10% (which seems to be getter larger) give the remainder a bad rap.

Side note; I got my 1st hole in one yesterday and 2 of the golf group guys ordered a Hole-in-one plaque for me. They told SWMBO NOT to tell me. That didn't work

Congratulations on the hole in one!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Wait, was it me? I am getting older, . The art of thanking people is lost on this generation, but that comes from the parents so they are the ones to blame.

MDGolfHacker

Well, come to think of it, you never did thank me for that gimme putt I gave you on Hole 8 of the North course last September  :D

Wait, was it me? I am getting older, . The art of thanking people is lost on this generation, but that comes from the parents so they are the ones to blame.

MDGolfHacker

I agree that parenting has an impact, but I think this new digital smart phone age has an impact as well.   Speaking from the perspective as an old coot, I think they have lessen the need and perhaps desire for personal contact.  Such lack of personal physical contact has reduced the pure joy of it as well as the courtesies that come with it.   Do people meet and talk any more or do they just text and stay on social media.

Well, come to think of it, you never did thank me for that gimme putt I gave you on Hole 8 of the North course last September :D

LOL... Thank you then.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I agree that parenting has an impact, but I think this new digital smart phone age has an impact as well. Speaking from the perspective as an old coot, I think they have lessen the need and perhaps desire for personal contact. Such lack of personal physical contact has reduced the pure joy of it as well as the courtesies that come with it. Do people meet and talk any more or do they just text and stay on social media.

Yes, that does add to the issues. I see it with my own kids... A kind of unforced isolation when playing/using the iPad. I've resorted to banning iPad use during the week. Now if I could only get my wife away from her iPhone...lol

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Yes, that does add to the issues. I see it with my own kids... A kind of unforced isolation when playing/using the iPad. I've resorted to banning iPad use during the week. Now if I could only get my wife away from her iPhone...lol

MDGolfHacker

I find that it can be difficult when you have a phone that's smarter than you are.

You are right Rick, the majority do say thanks, but as you said it seems to be slow but shrinking gorup.

That's fantastic on the Hole In One. You can't bury that in the rant thread!! Did I miss you posting it somewhere else today?

Congratulations, the fact it's your first, gives me hope I've still got plenty of time for mine!!

This morning one of the 83 year old guys who's been playing for over 50 years told me has never had a hole-in-one. In his prime a single digit player, still can shoot well. Can't see worth a sh&T.

Rick

Left Hand,