TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Woke up to more snow today in the Catskills. This is getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I'm getting really sick of getting 'great tee times available' emails from Supreme Golf only to look out the window to see snow. GO AWAY WINTER!!!

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Next time rub arms down liberally with hand cream /lotion. It will help to make a barrier. Then shower afterwards. I use to work in fiberglass in aircraft manufacturing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This really worked well. The insulation I think was the old cellulose stuff. Vacuumed pretty much all of it out last time but still some remnants today and no problems in the shower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This really worked well. The insulation I think was the old cellulose stuff. Vacuumed pretty much all of it out last time but still some remnants today and no problems in the shower.

Glad it helped. Don't know where you would find it but we had a product call skin glove (I think) it worked better than just lotion.

Glad it helped. Don't know where you would find it but we had a product call skin glove (I think) it worked better than just lotion.

I'll stick to the lotion for the next two days. Got a little demo left for one room and a whole small second room to do and it's an old house so that should be it for the insulation.

Yet another local muni course eliminated walking rates this year and now requiring you to pay the cart-price even if you want to walk. On top of that, they are requiring you to take a cart when you play a certain times of the day. The worst part about it is that it's a course practically made for walking. Almost every course now in my part of the Detroit area has switched to this model to boost their $$$ over the past couple years. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

We were discussing this trend of charging a “walking fee” or charging everyone for a cart at my home club a few days ago. I don't understand the concept!?!?!

There has to be much more suitable and reasonable ways to increase revenue. Golf was intended to be played while walking. It seems like this would alienate loyal customers.

Agreed. I totally understand the forced carts for some of the more modern courses that have long gaps in between holes - when you have 100+ yards between greens and tees it can affect pace of play. My main issue is the courses that are 100% perfect for walking forcing you to pay for a cart, especially when walking seems to be increasingly popular these days. 

I've actually stopped playing a number of local courses and driving out of my way to play tracks that give some type of discounted rate to walk. I know carts aren't cheap but don't make golfers who don't want to use them subsidize that cost. 

edit: A the solution in your club's situation should be to reduce the number of carts available at the course and slightly increase the cost for their use. Say, it's a $15 added fee now for a cart, by bumping it to $20 then reducing the # of carts, could, in theory, push the supply-demand enough to encourage walking while increasing the return on the carts a small percent. Then there's the added benefits of less course abuse and improved pace of play by having more walkers vs cart. 

There has to be much more suitable and reasonable ways to increase revenue. Golf was intended to be played while walking. It seems like this would alienate loyal customers.

My club doesn't charge anyone to walk above membership dues. We were discussing it because two clubs about an hour from here began doing so.

It wouldn't go over well at my club. Conservatively estimating 40% of the membership walk at least half their rounds. Our club is fortunate to be very well managed so we're in a very good financial position.

Honestly, the higher walking % is one of the main reasons I want to eventually join a private club. I actually wonder what type of economic change we'd see in the industry if behavior changed here to be similar to what they have across the pond where walking is the majority. 

My club doesn't charge anyone to walk above membership dues. We were discussing it because two clubs about an hour from here began doing so.

It wouldn't go over well at my club. Conservatively estimating 40% of the membership walk at least half their rounds. Our club is fortunate to be very well managed so we're in a very good financial position.

There is a private club in CT that many years ago they did the cart mandatory charge even if you walked. Many were upset especially a large group of doctors and professional people that had every Wednesday afternoons golf. They presented their case that they walked for health reasons and thought it not right to be charged. The Board refused then. No problem they ALL resigned the club. Others who also walked joined them in the resignation. After a lot of we're sorrys the decision was withdrawn.

Rev may remember this, it was a big deal in central CT.

Don't forget these guys had lunch at the club and some dinner with their wife's after golf.

Lots of cash on the table.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Honestly, the higher walking % is one of the main reasons I want to eventually join a private club. I actually wonder what type of economic change we'd see in the industry if behavior changed here to be similar to what they have across the pond where walking is the majority.

I feel the exact same way. I live right next to a private club and there is many more walkers.

There is also much talk of the game dying, losing golfers, and not nearly enough new players taking up the game. I think carts are a problem as to why.

Women overwhelmingly walk more than men. If getting women to play is important to growing the game, they can't charge cart rates to walkers. Women are more interested in the exercise benefit of golfing than men are.

Also similar with younger people. 20-something's I know don't play golf because they are into Hiking, Camping, Ultimate Frisbee, pickup basketball, etc,; all sports that require physical activity. They look at golf as old guys riding around in carts.

I'd love to find a local course with no carts or cart paths. All walking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I feel the exact same way. I live right next to a private club and there is many more walkers.

There is also much talk of the game dying, losing golfers, and not nearly enough new players taking up the game. I think carts are a problem as to why.

Women overwhelmingly walk more than men. If getting women to play is important to growing the game, they can't charge cart rates to walkers. Women are more interested in the exercise benefit of golfing than men are.

Also similar with younger people. 20-something's I know don't play golf because they are into Hiking, Camping, Ultimate Frisbee, pickup basketball, etc,; all sports that require physical activity. They look at golf as old guys riding around in carts.

Interesting I've never seen women walk our course (private club). Could be the distance between holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The private course I'm next to I'd say 90% of women walk, while 90% of the men ride. It's actually a bit embarrassing.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'd love to walk, but pretty much all the courses I play are in housing communities and there are often several hundred yards from one green to the next tee down the roads of the community. There's a muni I play occasionally where I can walk, but I can't regularly add an hour and a half each way to get there. I'm jealous of you guys that can walk.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Salt and rust and pierce off! Just found one of my transmission lines has corroded and is now developed a leak. I've ordered the front line and will be taking Friday off to repair it.

Have I mentioned before how much I hate the cold and snow...add rust because of salting roads to the list of reasons we'll be moving south as soon as my son graduates.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Salt and rust and pierce off! Just found one of my transmission lines has corroded and is now developed a leak. I've ordered the front line and will be taking Friday off to repair it.

Have I mentioned before how much I hate the cold and snow...add rust because of salting roads to the list of reasons we'll be moving south as soon as my son graduates.

I moved from Maine to Florida just after my youngest one graduated 8 years ago.  One of the things I've liked best is how much easier it is on my vehicles.  My son is driving a 2000 Dodge pickup, and we just put it up on the lift the other day.  It's spotless underneath, hardly even any surface rust.  My father has an 06 that he bought new, and it's rusting all to pieces underneath, but it's spent most of its winters in Maine.  What a difference.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

My wife's car developed a leak in the cooling system about a year ago from corrosive rust from salt.  It's a very real byproduct of snow and ice removal.

I find this interesting.  The Ladies group is about 50/50 walking/riding, with the riders being much older players.  The Men's group are about 20/80 walking/riding.

However, our muni attracts a lot of young golfers and I would say that nearly all of them ride.  Just yesterday 2 teenagers (one being a local H.S. golf team member rode in a cart in front of us).  It may be that when young golfers don't play very much and when the do, they just want to NOT walk.  The course is not that difficult to walk (front nine worse than back nine), and I walk it twice a week with other old guys that are mid-70's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I find this interesting.  The Ladies group is about 50/50 walking/riding, with the riders being much older players.  The Men's group are about 20/80 walking/riding.

However, our muni attracts a lot of young golfers and I would say that nearly all of them ride.  Just yesterday 2 teenagers (one being a local H.S. golf team member rode in a cart in front of us).  It may be that when young golfers don't play very much and when the do, they just want to NOT walk.  The course is not that difficult to walk (front nine worse than back nine), and I walk it twice a week with other old guys that are mid-70's.

The high schoolers use our course to practice on - they always walk. I think if the coaches saw them ride the kids would get a piece of their minds. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Salt is a vehicle killer.

Rick

Left Hand, 

You may have mentioned it a couple hundred times or so

Rick

Left Hand, 

While I prefer to post in the Happy Thread, please permit me some time to vent in this Rant thread.   I live in Annapolis, Md, and do enjoy my lifestyle on the shores of the Chesapeake in the land of Pleasant Living.   Unfortunately, the curse of my locale is called Route 50.   Unless one goes up through Delaware or down through Virginia, it is the only access to and from the eastern shore via the Bay Bridge.   This morning I was scheduled to start my golf season at a senior association outing.   When I got to Route 50, it was a stone cold parking lot, so I had to call the course to let them know my situation.  Fortunately, they were understanding and thanked me for the call.  Anytime anything happens on Route 50, one can expect a significant delay.   An additional access to the eastern shore is definitely needed, I just don't understand why that need is ignored.  

Soon it will be Memorial Day and the summer traffic will start.   Fortunately, I do know the local backroads, but it seems that many others are discovering them as well.   A sign should be placed prior to the bridge stating:  This bridge is not a scenic overlook, one would think that some have never seen water or a ship before.   When I see all of those heading to Ocean City, I wonder if they know-starting today the price of everything is going to double.  Fortunately, my buds and I get discounted cards for the golf courses and we only play there on weekdays during the summer.

Thank you for allowing my rant, its good to vent, I feel better now.   Again, thanks.

While I prefer to post in the Happy Thread, please permit me some time to vent in this Rant thread.   I live in Annapolis, Md, and do enjoy my lifestyle on the shores of the Chesapeake in the land of Pleasant Living.   Unfortunately, the curse of my locale is called Route 50.   Unless one goes up through Delaware or down through Virginia, it is the only access to and from the eastern shore via the Bay Bridge.   This morning I was scheduled to start my golf season at a senior association outing.   When I got to Route 50, it was a stone cold parking lot, so I had to call the course to let them know my situation.  Fortunately, they were understanding and thanked me for the call.  Anytime anything happens on Route 50, one can expect a significant delay.   An additional access to the eastern shore is definitely needed, I just don't understand why that need is ignored.  

Soon it will be Memorial Day and the summer traffic will start.   Fortunately, I do know the local backroads, but it seems that many others are discovering them as well.   A sign should be placed prior to the bridge stating:  This bridge is not a scenic overlook, one would think that some have never seen water or a ship before.   When I see all of those heading to Ocean City, I wonder if they know-starting today the price of everything is going to double.  Fortunately, my buds and I get discounted cards for the golf courses and we only play there on weekdays during the summer.

Thank you for allowing my rant, its good to vent, I feel better now.   Again, thanks.

That sucks partner and I would have had a hissy fit for sure.   

My rant for the day is my right wrist is so sore that picking up a coffee cup is a challenge.  Heading to my local drug store today looking for a wrist support wrap.   :(  I have an appointment Monday at Club Champion for a driver fitting and I will NOT cancel my session.  Too many scheduled fittings that were canceled and I'll wrap up the wrist and gut this one out. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

You may have mentioned it a couple hundred times or so

download.jpeg

Car boat, problem solved. 😂😁

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

That sucks partner and I would have had a hissy fit for sure.   

My rant for the day is my right wrist is so sore that picking up a coffee cup is a challenge.  Heading to my local drug store today looking for a wrist support wrap.   :(  I have an appointment Monday at Club Champion for a driver fitting and I will NOT cancel my session.  Too many scheduled fittings that were canceled and I'll wrap up the wrist and gut this one out. 

Thanks for your support partner, venting does help.    I was on my way to a hissy fit, but then relied on my country roots to accept my circumstances, somewhat related to the Serenity  Prayer.   On a limited level as I age, situations like this may call for the Senility Prayer as well:

God, grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into those I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

I did find it somewhat entertaining watching the more urban types almost run into each other in an effort to get about 3 cars ahead.

Hopefully, your wrist will be OK, have you tried whiskey and honey, it will fix just about anything.   Could luck with the fitting.   Hang in there, partner, we both know that getting old ain't for sissies. 

Thanks for your support partner, venting does help.    I was on my way to a hissy fit, but then relied on my country roots to accept my circumstances, somewhat related to the Serenity  Prayer.   On a limited level as I age, situations like this may call for the Senility Prayer as well:

God, grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into those I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

I did find it somewhat entertaining watching the more urban types almost run into each other in an effort to get about 3 cars ahead.

Hopefully, your wrist will be OK, have you tried whiskey and honey, it will fix just about anything.   Could luck with the fitting.   Hang in there, partner, we both know that getting old ain't for sissies. 

That's funny right there!  :D

I cut my first tooth on whiskey and honey.  ;)   Cure all for southern boys however we have to know when to say when..   That stuff will make ya want to whup bears and stuff. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Interesting!  Do you put a compress of that on the wrist and then wrap it??  How long do you leave it on?   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”