Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Rant #1

I'll preface this rant by saying sorry to any millennials.  

When my wife and I went to play golf today, we pulled our cart up by the clubhouse door and headed in to the restrooms.  I reached the front door and opened it for my wife.  A young guy was coming up to the door, so I held it open for him too.  He said "Thank you"... I wasn't expecting that.  I walked in behind him.  We both headed to the Men's Room.  He pushed the door open and it shut right in my face.  I stopped it with my hand and hurt my wrist.  I said "Thank you".  He didn't say a word.

Has something changed?  Should I not hold the door open for young guys?  Maybe they want to open their own doors, and expect others want to do the same.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rant #2

Today was our anniversary.  After playing today (and I played poorly), we decided to go out to dinner at a new restaurant.  It's actually not new; it's was a semi-private golf course.  Golf open to public, but the dining room was members only.  It was recently purchased, and the dining room was turned into a restaurant that is open to the public. The restaurant overlooks the golf course and the view is nice.  It is billed as a steak restaurant with several different cuts of meat.  Sounded great!  

You would think that a steak restaurant would know how to cook meat.  My wife and I both ordered steak medium rare.  Hers was OK, mine had no pink at all.  The server asked if everything was OK.  I said "Does this look medium rare to you?  They took the plate back to the kitchen.  Five minutes later the server brought a new plate with different cut of meat... clearly a different cut of meat.  The server said "This will be perfect."  Ahh no!  The meat had a very thin char on the surface and raw in the middle.  Not only did I not get the cut of meat I wanted, it wasn't cooked the way I wanted.  The manager came by and comped my meal, but it was a lousy anniversary dinner.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rant #2

Today was our anniversary. After playing today (and I played poorly), we decided to go out to dinner at a new restaurant. It's actually not new; it's was a semi-private golf course. Golf open to public, but the dining room was members only. It was recently purchased, and the dining room was turned into a restaurant that is open to the public. The restaurant overlooks the golf course and the view is nice. It is billed as a steak restaurant with several different cuts of meat. Sounded great!

You would think that a steak restaurant would know how to cook meat. My wife and I both ordered steak medium rare. Hers was OK, mine had no pink at all. The server asked if everything was OK. I said "Does this look medium rare to you? They took the plate back to the kitchen. Five minutes later the server brought a new plate with different cut of meat... clearly a different cut of meat. The server said "This will be perfect." Ahh no! The meat had a very thin char on the surface and raw in the middle. Not only did I not get the cut of meat I wanted, it wasn't cooked the way I wanted. The manager came by and comped my meal, but it was a lousy anniversary dinner.

Can't do a like. That's terrible but happens often. Have a “do over” at a restaurant you both know will be great, Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Rant #1

When my wife and I went to play golf today, we pulled our cart up by the clubhouse door and headed in to the restrooms. I reached the front door and opened it for my wife. A young guy was coming up to the door, so I held it open for him too. He said "Thank you"... I wasn't expecting that. I walked in behind him. We both headed to the Men's Room. He pushed the door open and it shut right in my face. I stopped it with my hand and hurt my wrist. I said "Thank you". He didn't say a word.

Has something changed? Should I not hold the door open for young guys? Maybe they want to open their own doors, and expect others want to do the same.

As a "millennial"(I do not compare to them in most ways) I have seen more of the opposite in my area. I hold the door open for older folks and don't even get a thank you or when there are two doors they do not reciprocate what I did. So I know the feeling about the generation gap, heck I will say my generation is way worse about it though I hold a door open and they look at me funny then they walk through and never say anything. Where did the politeness or common courtesy go?

Rant #2

Today was our anniversary. After playing today (and I played poorly), we decided to go out to dinner at a new restaurant. It's actually not new; it's was a semi-private golf course. Golf open to public, but the dining room was members only. It was recently purchased, and the dining room was turned into a restaurant that is open to the public. The restaurant overlooks the golf course and the view is nice. It is billed as a steak restaurant with several different cuts of meat. Sounded great!

You would think that a steak restaurant would know how to cook meat. My wife and I both ordered steak medium rare. Hers was OK, mine had no pink at all. The server asked if everything was OK. I said "Does this look medium rare to you? They took the plate back to the kitchen. Five minutes later the server brought a new plate with different cut of meat... clearly a different cut of meat. The server said "This will be perfect." Ahh no! The meat had a very thin char on the surface and raw in the middle. Not only did I not get the cut of meat I wanted, it wasn't cooked the way I wanted. The manager came by and comped my meal, but it was a lousy anniversary dinner.

This is a shame no and a true rant. I will say happy anniversary though Kenny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rant #1

When my wife and I went to play golf today, we pulled our cart up by the clubhouse door and headed in to the restrooms.  I reached the front door and opened it for my wife.  A young guy was coming up to the door, so I held it open for him too.  He said "Thank you"... I wasn't expecting that.  I walked in behind him.  We both headed to the Men's Room.  He pushed the door open and it shut right in my face.  I stopped it with my hand and hurt my wrist.  I said "Thank you".  He didn't say a word.

Has something changed?  Should I not hold the door open for young guys?  Maybe they want to open their own doors, and expect others want to do the same.

seems the younger generation are just not as respectful of anyone older now.

On Saying that I was going out thru a large glass door and saw two ladies approaching, so I held the door open and waited the 5 seconds for them to reach and pass

through. Neither said a word or even glanced at me obviously holding open a very large heavy door for them! I said "your welcome" after they were clearly just ignoring

me, but they ignored that also lol. Turns out they are both Lawyers. A lady who saw this as she was approaching the door from my direction rolled her eyes and told me

one of these Lawyer ladies got into the elevator after she did, looked her up and down from shoes to hair then turned her back to ride the 14 floors!

Now when this happens to me with females and males ignoring my manners I now say "don't mention it! oh wait, you didn't!".......this works so much better and probably makes them thank people in the future, or so I like to believe.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Rant #2

Today was our anniversary.  After playing today (and I played poorly), we decided to go out to dinner at a new restaurant.  It's actually not new; it's was a semi-private golf course.  Golf open to public, but the dining room was members only.  It was recently purchased, and the dining room was turned into a restaurant that is open to the public. The restaurant overlooks the golf course and the view is nice.  It is billed as a steak restaurant with several different cuts of meat.  Sounded great!  

You would think that a steak restaurant would know how to cook meat.  My wife and I both ordered steak medium rare.  Hers was OK, mine had no pink at all.  The server asked if everything was OK.  I said "Does this look medium rare to you?  They took the plate back to the kitchen.  Five minutes later the server brought a new plate with different cut of meat... clearly a different cut of meat.  The server said "This will be perfect."  Ahh no!  The meat had a very thin char on the surface and raw in the middle.  Not only did I not get the cut of meat I wanted, it wasn't cooked the way I wanted.  The manager came by and comped my meal, but it was a lousy anniversary dinner.

Not surprised - especially if I asked my son (who is a millennial). He hates working with other millennials in his company because they seem discourteous and have overly high expectations in return for little work  (think participation trophy's). I think some of that has to do with the area. He grew up in a privileged neighborhood where the 16 year old kids were driving brand new BMW's  (he drove a hand me down old honda from his older sister). Where we live now - everyone is courteous regardless of age or gender. 

Oh and by the way - Happy Anniversary.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Well, the Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi is a .355 tip... The shaft that Club Champion said to put into it is a .370. Dang it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Monday is the first of 7 national fire cert tests I have to take before my fire academy is over in June. I don't get stressed or nervous normally but I hate not having control of things damn type a personality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You'll ♠️ it!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Rant #1

When my wife and I went to play golf today, we pulled our cart up by the clubhouse door and headed in to the restrooms. I reached the front door and opened it for my wife. A young guy was coming up to the door, so I held it open for him too. He said "Thank you"... I wasn't expecting that. I walked in behind him. We both headed to the Men's Room. He pushed the door open and it shut right in my face. I stopped it with my hand and hurt my wrist. I said "Thank you". He didn't say a word.

Has something changed? Should I not hold the door open for young guys? Maybe they want to open their own doors, and expect others want to do the same.

This is a or should be taught. We are working with our 14 yo to to be more aware about this very thing. Be courteous to others and say thank you, and you're welcome. It's something very easy to do, but it's seldom taught anymore.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

On Saying that I was going out thru a large glass door and saw two ladies approaching, so I held the door open and waited the 5 seconds for them to reach and pass

through. Neither said a word or even glanced at me obviously holding open a very large heavy door for them! I said "your welcome" after they were clearly just ignoring

me, but they ignored that also lol. Turns out they are both Lawyers. A lady who saw this as she was approaching the door from my direction rolled her eyes and told me

one of these Lawyer ladies got into the elevator after she did, looked her up and down from shoes to hair then turned her back to ride the 14 floors!

Now when this happens to me with females and males ignoring my manners I now say "don't mention it! oh wait, you didn't!".......this works so much better and probably makes them thank people in the future, or so I like to believe.

Keep doing it, we don't hold doors open so we can hear someone say thank you, we hold doors open because it's the right thing to do.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Rant #2

First happy anniversary! Don't let that experience ruin what you were celebrating!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I was raised to be a Virginia gentleman which means that a gentleman will always open and hold a door for a lady.   I have found that the vast majority of ladies appreciate the actions of a gentleman.  However, there seems to be a hand full that equate such actions as chauvinistic.   What they don't understand is that such is not about gender but what a gentleman does for everyone male or female, its just plain the right thing to do.   The ladies that you discussed were lawyers, perhaps their need and desire for total equality in their professional lives, which is totally understandable, some how has filtered into their personal lives and perceptions and that is a shame.

That's why I love a good ole Southern Belle, for they will always typically say Thaaaank yooooou.  While they will do what is required to secure their sexual and professional equality, they still appreciate a gentleman.   

I was raised to be a Virginia gentleman which means that a gentleman will always open and hold a door for a lady.   I have found that the vast majority of ladies appreciate the actions of a gentleman.  However, there seems to be a hand full that equate such actions as chauvinistic.   What they don't understand is that such is not about gender but what a gentleman does for everyone male or female, its just plain the right thing to do.   The ladies that you discussed were lawyers, perhaps their need and desire for total equality in their professional lives, which is totally understandable, some how has filtered into their personal lives and perceptions and that is a shame.

That's why I love a good ole Southern Belle, for they will always typically say Thaaaank yooooou.  While they will do what is required to secure their sexual and professional equality, they still appreciate a gentleman.   

I hold the door open for young, old, male, female, kids, teenagers, & transgender folks.  Back in the day my Momma would have spanked that arse if I had did any less!  Now those I hold the door open for can thank me or move on through. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

A 900 mile non-stop trip in a Volkswagen GTI is not my idea of travelling in comfort. I was hoping to get some range time in today, but my back is telling me that's not a good idea.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Man there is a lot of bad golf advice on the internet - from club tinkering to swing tips.

What's the saying, Adam? Golfers are the dumbest smart people

Never heard that one B4 but it's true!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We're so gullible (or maybe desperate) for any info or device that'll help us improve our game! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We're so gullible (or maybe desperate) for any info or device that'll help us improve our game!

It's amazing how many people will take the random advice of someone on the internet rather than going to a professional fitter or instructor.

I'm all for self education and improvement, but man it gets frustrating reading things on here sometimes

It's amazing how many people will take the random advice of someone on the internet rather than going to a professional fitter or instructor.

I'm all for self education and improvement, but man it gets frustrating reading things on here sometimes

Lots of equipment and swing experts around the www. Crazy ow so many can interpret the same piece of info in so many different ways

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

How frustrating is it to try everything imaginable to lower your golf score, yet continue to fail miserably?

Are you spending countless hours trying to figure out how to improve your swing, yet you don't seem to be seeing any results?

These 5 Steps reveal the things you MUST AVOID if you want to play low scoring golf, drop your handicap and achieve your ideal golf body.

https://discovergolf.weebly.com

Lol you must have not been reading the posts above yours before joining this site and posting here to promote your golf website

Well, that post got a report filed pretty damn quick.

In other news, my favorite player for Syracuse football over the last few years, Punter Riley Dixon, is now going to be playing for the New York Giants. As a fan of the Washington Football Team, this upsets me.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

How frustrating is it to try everything imaginable to lower your golf score, yet continue to fail miserably?

Are you spending countless hours trying to figure out how to improve your swing, yet you don't seem to be seeing any results?

These 5 Steps reveal the things you MUST AVOID if you want to play low scoring golf, drop your handicap and achieve your ideal golf body.

https://discovergolf.weebly.com

I would think Step 6 is don't send your money to anyone that claims to be able to fix you in just 5 steps.

An most act like their opinion of the swing is gospel without considering the abilities/physical limitations of the person seeking advice.

So true. Love reading guys giving recommendations only for someone with actual knowledge correcting them followed by several more posts with opinions that don't match the experts.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Lost my new Fitbit Alta while building a rock wall, erecting a fence and raking leaves...looked through millions of leaves for an hour with no luck...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Lost my new Fitbit Alta while building a rock wall, erecting a fence and raking leaves...looked through millions of leaves for an hour with no luck...

My wife lost 2 so I understand the frustration. However, if you're in general proximity of the Fitbit there is a way to locate through the Bluetooth feature. Google lost Fitbit and you'll find numerous articles on how to locate.

In my wife's case she had no idea where she lost it over a 2.5 mile walk with the dog.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

So my wife and I own a piece of land that join a river(90 acres). It's turkey season around these parts, and while I don't turkey hunt, I have buddies that do. A couple asked if they could hunt, I said sure. So they go and find 3 other guys, who I don't know, hunting relatively close to them. He called and I drove down to confront them. This was there response “It wasn't posted no hunting or no trespassing so we figured it would be ok”. So when did it become ok to go on someone else's land that you don't own and have no permission to be there? Today I had to purchase “posted” signs to put up around my property to keep idiots out. I know that won't keep everyone out but come on, I have more respect than that to trespass. To beat all they acted like I was the butt hole, and I was super nice even though I was furious.

CobraConnectChallenge3

My wife lost 2 so I understand the frustration. However, if you're in general proximity of the Fitbit there is a way to locate through the Bluetooth feature. Google lost Fitbit and you'll find numerous articles on how to locate.

In my wife's case she had no idea where she lost it over a 2.5 mile walk with the dog.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

THANKS! I'll give it a try...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Lol you must have not been reading the posts above yours before joining this site and posting here to promote your golf website

The timing of that post was hilarious.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12