Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Sixcat raising the prices doesn't necessarily change that. I play at a fully private that's thought of as one of the more serious courses in the area and we have flat out drunken behavior by a number of members and their guests of all age groups. It's not exactly discouraged by management. They sell a lot of booze and add that revenue straight to the bottom line

I've thought about that as well.  I know the club makes a lot of it's revenue from alcohol sales.  I know my club isn't "prestigious" but we have some serious talent.  Not just local talent but national USGA type talent.  We have two member who recently qualified for the Am.  

Crap just seems to be tolerated and the "guest policy" is regularly abused.  Maybe it's always been this way and I never paid attention but given my hypersensitivity to alcohol abuse, I doubt that is the case.  Maybe if enough people leave, it will get attention.  

Maybe if alcohol sales were limited to the 19th hole pace of play would be improved as golf would once again be a game and not an excuse for drunken louts to tear around in golf carts.

I mean, think about it. Before riding carts became the norm, how did people booze it up on the course? They didn't. They played their round and settled up their bets over drinks after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Suffered through a pretty long round on Friday. Partly my fault for walking a mountain course with miles of trail between green and tee and for not checking the pull cart tires beforehand. But there were some hacks in front of us boozing it up. Now I'm prone to spray it around on bad days, but when one of the guys has to drive his cart back to look for his putter, I have to think that the booze might not be helping the swing anymore. I think he was proud of being so drunk he forgot his putter. I can understand your wedge left on the side of a green, but a putter? We never saw it. Must have been left in the trees during a potty break.

Now I can't recall anyone actually passed out at the golf course. That is a whole another level!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Now I can't recall anyone actually passed out at the golf course. That is a whole another level!

I'm assuming you're referring to my previous post.  This actually happened in the group directly in front of us.  It was a somewhat chilly afternoon last fall.  Most people around town were in Blacksburg for the football game so, the course was relatively empty.  We teed off on #1 with the group ahead of us nearing the 6th green. I should also add, they were in carts while my group was walking. 

By the time we reached #13, we were having to wait several minutes between shots but they refused to let us play through.  The implication was, we were walking and had a child in our foursome, therefore, we must be slower.  As inebriated as they were, we didn't push the argument as my 9 year old daughter was in our group.  But it was a tremendous teachable moment between father and daughter!  I can only assume the alcohol created a mental block keeping them from realizing, we had just made up nearly a full 6 hole deficit in the time it took them to play 6 holes!

We saw the gentleman in question fall out of the moving cart in the pine grove to the left of #16 as we stood on the 16th tee waiting for them to clear.  As he lay motionless on the ground, the rest of his group staggering over top of him taking cell phone video and pictures.  At which point, the remaining members of his group got back into their carts and drove away, leaving him there.  A few of those images made their way to social media and the good reverend was fired from his position in which he had held for well over 20 years.

Last I heard, he was living in another part of the state and his wife and children were no longer supportive of his addictions.

Guy showed up earlier in the year this season for our Saturday game, start time around 8:30. Absolutely smashed drunk, almost fell over putting his tee in the ground on the first tee, then on the third tee he face planted when he bent over to put his tee in the ground. 8:30 in the Morning. How in the crap can you be that wasted at 8:30 AM. They put him in the cart and strapped him to it told him to take a nap, they took his keys, yes he drove himself to the course in that condition, then after the ninth hole placed him in one of the others cars, and let him sleep until the round was over. Someone then drove him home. Craziness.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I nominate Rhode island....not everyone but plenty.

People not knowing how to drive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

As someone who has travelled up and down 95 from MA through RI, CT, NY on my way to NJ many many times I cannot disagree....

From my experience new England, new Jersey and new York are the top of the lists

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

As someone who has travelled up and down 95 from MA through RI, CT, NY on my way to NJ many many times I cannot disagree....

As someone who lives in MA and works in RI, Massholes are far worse drivers.

But they're downright perfect compared to NY/NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I nominate Rhode island....not everyone but plenty.

Hey, I live in Rhode Island, but I grew up in Kansas. In Kansas things slow down because we let everyone in which holds up traffic. Sucks being nice!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Decided last night that my golf season is officially over for this season.  Can't seem to shake the pain in my elbow which means I don't practice at all and then play terrible golf....which is part of it.  The other part is that I just don't even feel like playing really at all anymore.  Every round that I have played in the last two months have been a struggle to get any enjoyment out of.  I have to force myself to play just about as much as I do to go to the dentist and would rather watch my son play more than actually play myself.  Maybe at some point the spark will come back, but for now the clubs are tucked away and won't be seeing the light of day for a bit.  Kind of sucks since I am in better shape than I have been in 10 years and physically I am just struggling to play a game I used to love.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Decided last night that my golf season is officially over for this season.  Can't seem to shake the pain in my elbow which means I don't practice at all and then play terrible golf....which is part of it.  The other part is that I just don't even feel like playing really at all anymore.  Every round that I have played in the last two months have been a struggle to get any enjoyment out of.  I have to force myself to play just about as much as I do to go to the dentist and would rather watch my son play more than actually play myself.  Maybe at some point the spark will come back, but for now the clubs are tucked away and won't be seeing the light of day for a bit.  Kind of sucks since I am in better shape than I have been in 10 years and physically I am just struggling to play a game I used to love.

Hey it's tough when you know you have game and something like the elbow pain kicks in and it all goes down the tube.   I feel for you as my left hip has taken away some of my joy from golf.  When you don't feel like you can give it your all, your confidence takes a hit and that's a huge part of playing well.   Physical ailments can take anybody's game down the toilet.  Hang in there partner and it will come back. Taking a break will not be a bad thing since the elbow made need rest without golf.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Everything in the bag is working, and working well!! Except the wedges, I finally get the long irons, fairway, driver working. And the wedges sh!t the bed. Hitting the damn things sideways. Nothing else though... WTF

I'm doing the same thing.  Just came out of nowhere.  I think the golf gods did it because I gained yardage with all my other clubs., or maybe it's just the full moon.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I know we all have to deal with natures creatures in some form or another: alligators in Florida, rattlers in Arizona. But for those of you who think the Midwest can be a cakewalk you've never had to deal with mayflies (which appear in June). IMG_4186.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That's it. I told myself if I ever developed the case of the sideways pitch and chip shots again that I would hang it up. Officially putting the sticks in time out for a while, maybe forever who knows.

Gotta keep your chin up and get back out there. If I recall your wedges were the best part of your game. It will come back quickly.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Gotta keep your chin up and get back out there. If I recall your wedges were the best part of your game. It will come back quickly.

Were the best part. I think I figured it out with some video evidence of doing something really dumb with my hands, but the mosquitos are too bad to go test it in the yard.

Was going to go play tomorrow since the rest of the bag is on point. If all else fails I'll just play 7-9 iron bump and runs. Only a few holes where I couldn't run it up if the wedges need to be thrown in the woods.

Long story short. We play an annual fundraiser for a local not for profit and it's $175 a guy. Great fundraiser and great organization. Both our wives work there and my buddy said his two longtime friends will join us. He said they are the guys who like to have fun while they play.

I didn't know fun meant a handle of beam halfway gone by the 9th hole.

Standing in the fairway waiting while they argue over what song to play on the speaker with a group behind us hands on hips waiting.

Throwing clubs, screaming throughout the round, driving carts to take jumps over mounds, every single ounce of energy was used to keep from snapping until I was on our 15th. Greenside chip, I was going last, first two hit and chunk them down the hill short of the green. Third guy hits, runs up to it and turns around and full swings, partially misses it and it hits me in the shoulder.

I. Lost. My. $hit.

I don't drink when I golf and there are few things more annoying than drunk golfers who have no affect.

The final 3 holes were awkwardly quiet.

The younger one thought it would be fun and asked if he could swing my LST G400 on the last tee so he could see if it was any different than his G25 regular flex stock shaft. looked at him, didn't have to say anything and he finally got it that I was checked out.

I run over 150 outings a year. Unfortunately i see this type behavior with at least one or two groups in just about every one of them.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I know we all have to deal with natures creatures in some form or another: alligators in Florida, rattlers in Arizona. But for those of you who think the Midwest can be a cakewalk you've never had to deal with mayflies (which appear in June). attachicon.gifIMG_4186.JPG

Holy Crap! Ive never seen anything like that. How di you get them off you, have your buddy start flogging you with a towel?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's it. I told myself if I ever developed the case of the sideways pitch and chip shots again that I would hang it up. Officially putting the sticks in time out for a while, maybe forever who knows.

I empathise with you. Keep at it, you know you want to.

I've had 4 TPI level 2 instructor lessons as my game was falling apart- he identified the glaring issues, gave me drills and swingthoughts, on the range when I do what he says the shots are epic, havent struck the ball so well in the last 10 years. Strode onto our first hole in a medal, it's a par 3 start, and shanked the mofo out of bounds.........Gawd I love this game!!  :rolleyes:

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"