Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

My wife dries EVERYTHING in the dryer.... I can't dry all my stuff because I'm 6'5” and everything I own that's made of cotton fits JUST right. I bought two shirts last night, both cotton, both JUST right. I put them in the wash this morning before I left. I WAS going to let them air dry. Well, the wife put them in the dryer.... I now have two shirts I CANT FREAKING WEAR! I'm SO pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 years ago I decided I would wash ALL MY OWN CLOTHES. We've had some tense moments but she has left me alone doing this. If they get messed up it's on me. It took a short learning curve but everything is done the way I want it and SWMBO agreed that I do a better kid on my clothes than she did.

Of course it's kinda easy retired, living in FL with a just shorts, golf shirts, socks and underwear

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 years ago I decided I would wash ALL MY OWN CLOTHES.

My wife being Irish and the mother of my half-breed, mick-dago kids, I obviously have to do the cooking. 

The height of Irish cuisine was the famine, after all.

She does the laundry, but she doesn't iron my boxers like my mother did.

They must not make them like that anymore.

7 years ago I decided I would wash ALL MY OWN CLOTHES. We've had some tense moments but she has left me alone doing this. If they get messed up it's on me. It took a short learning curve but everything is done the way I want it and SWMBO agreed that I do a better kid on my clothes than she did.

Of course it's kinda easy retired, living in FL with a just shorts, golf shirts, socks and underwear

It's funny, I INSIST on doing my own. I have my own basket, and they don't touch mine, but today she did...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I buy everything baggy.

And if it's baggy on me,

then it's a tent for a small family.

The only exceptions are suits,

which is why I own so many that I'll never wear again

unless I can get back into them when I'm even closer to being dead..

I had to wear suits when I traveled before I retired.  That was 3 years ago.  Haven't worn a suit since, and won't wear another one... ever.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've offered to do the laundry, and I did it while my wife was laid up with her back and TKR surgeries.  Apparently, I do a bad enough job that she has never asked me to do it anymore.   ;)

I did find out one thing about washing cotton shirts and shorts in our new high efficiency, low water washing machine.  I had some newer cotton shirts that showed up one day with a little hole somewhere on them.  Old ones I can understand, but these were fairly new.  Looked like a moth got to them.  However, it was the zipper on the shorts.  Now all shorts are zippered and buttoned.  Who knew!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not only do I do all of my own laundry, I do EVERYTHING in and outside of the house. It's been quite an adjustment after being married for close to 30 years.... and quite the education, also.

Those of you that are still married... be grateful and appreciative of her and what she does for you.... it aint easy!

My back is on fire from building props all day yesterday at the high school, I broke my bathroom vent while painting the ceiling and had shattered glass all over the bathroom, in the paint, you name it. I feel like crap and then my daughter came home and told us that someone we know who's in college was just diagnosed with cancer. 

This weekend has sucked. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I heard today that on Friday at the web.com Portland Open, Kevin Stadler got mad and slammed his club into the ground by his feet, the shaft snapped above the head, then flew into the crowd hitting a person.  Blood went everywhere; the person went to the hospital and required 6 stitches.  It really upset Stadler and he missed the cut.  

I wonder if he will get fined... or sued.  I really hate people who throw/slam clubs in anger.  There is a good chance that the club breaks, so someone could get injured or at the least, the club must be repaired or replaced.  For what??  A moment of anger that a person will likely regret?  Shameful.

I played in our City Championship and entered for the “regular” division, non-championship flight. I'm a 7.7 GHIN, and can't play with scratch or better. Well, I shot 76 my first round. The Pro puts me in the Championship flight. I'm averaging 83.75 over my last 7 rounds at this course.... I have one of those bad days where nothing feels right, and my brain is ruined. I shot 91. Bad for me even. All the angst I felt all day was because I couldn't just play, I was playing against guys I couldn't beat, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Had I been in the first flight where 83/82 won, I'd have been in a different place mentally.

I told the pro that I had no business being put against guys that shoot better than my lifetime low every time they play golf.... “But you had the 7th lowest score in the first round!” Um, they're scratch and “plus” handicaps. I had a 1-in-20 round of golf!

I would've finished 3rd in the First flight... Where I belonged all along.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I played in our City Championship and entered for the “regular” division, non-championship flight. I'm a 7.7 GHIN, and can't play with scratch or better. Well, I shot 76 my first round. The Pro puts me in the Championship flight. I'm averaging 83.75 over my last 7 rounds at this course.... I have one of those bad days where nothing feels right, and my brain is ruined. I shot 91. Bad for me even. All the angst I felt all day was because I couldn't just play, I was playing against guys I couldn't beat, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Had I been in the first flight where 83/82 won, I'd have been in a different place mentally.

I told the pro that I had no business being put against guys that shoot better than my lifetime low every time they play golf.... “But you had the 7th lowest score in the first round!” Um, they're scratch and “plus” handicaps. I had a 1-in-20 round of golf!

Good reason to rant right there.   They should flight ya'll to begin with and leave it that way for the tournament. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Can't believe they changed your flight AFTER the first day.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I always go by the I can't get that angry because I'm not that good. But a professional I guess can because he is that good? Not sure how the other side works with my saying. But I'm sure a signed glove won't do the trick? Maybe a membership somewhere would work

I believe the Pro made a mistake with that ruling. He's actually (my opinion) saying that you're sandbagging and with your score history obviously you're not. His bad.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I have played for years in a small 2 day tournament that does the same thing. The flights are established by day 1 scores. The only difference is they won't let anyone outside Champ flight improve more than 7 shots on day 2 scoring.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

IMG_3077.JPG

Noticed a hairline crack today in my g400...have been hitting it well lately too...

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

IMG_3077.JPG

Noticed a hairline crack today in my g400...have been hitting it well lately too...

Hopefully Ping will take care of it for ya. 🤞

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

attachicon.gif IMG_3077.JPG

Call Ping ASAP and talk to CS. If you bought it from local Pro Shop or Store they may handle it for you. A couple years ago I broke a Ping 6i and the store I bought the set from handled everything.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hopefully Ping will take care of it for ya. 🤞

Tell ping their customer service is good from what I've read

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Call Ping ASAP and talk to CS. If you bought it from local Pro Shop or Store they may handle it for you. A couple years ago I broke a Ping 6i and the store I bought the set from handled everything.

Yea. I purchased it from Carls Golfland. Called them right after the round and sent them pics which they're forwarding to Ping. So fingers crossed! At least I have a backup driver....haha. Good thing I noticed it though. I was getting ready to put the backup driver up for sale!

Yea. I purchased it from Carls Golfland. Called them right after the round and sent them pics which they're forwarding to Ping. So fingers crossed! At least I have a backup driver....haha. Good thing I noticed it though. I was getting ready to put the backup driver up for sale!

Ping should do right by you!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm sure Ping will replace it.  I had a issue with the back edge of my Ping i20 6i.  Looked like it got crushed somehow.  That was 3 years after I bought it.  I took it back to the store where i bought it, they shipped it to Ping, I picked up a new 6i all at no charge.

Ping should do right by you!

That's what I told him.

However we noticed right after he split the fairway on two straight bombs. But he hit the thing great all day long.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

attachicon.gif IMG_3077.JPG

I had the exact thing happen to my G400 Max!  Ping sent me a new head rather quickly however it's odd to see this type crack popping up again.....  :blink:

Cleveland

I had the exact thing happen to my G400 Max! Ping sent me a new head rather quickly however it's odd to see this type crack popping up again..... :blink:

Good companies have great Customer Service.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good companies have great Customer Service.

Yea the definitely take care  of their customers..   I'm a Ping wood fan for life now as the customer service and solid equipment have won me over. 

Cleveland

I had the exact thing happen to my G400 Max! Ping sent me a new head rather quickly however it's odd to see this type crack popping up again..... :blink:

Out of all the drivers I've ever owned (which has been quite a few haha) ive never had that happen. Interesting to hear that is happened before though. Luckily I noticed it on the last hole today. Curious to know what causes a crack like that. I'm super OCD about keeping it clean and taking care of it.

Out of all the drivers I've ever owned (which has been quite a few haha) ive never had that happen. Interesting to hear that is happened before though. Luckily I noticed it on the last hole today. Curious to know what causes a crack like that. I'm super OCD about keeping it clean and taking care of it.

Yea it's a rare occurrence for sure or least it was.  :D  The hairline crack on my G400 was right where the little arrow lines up.   I'm keeping a close watch on my new driver to make sure the same doesn't occur because that would definitely freak me out.  :blink:

Cleveland